BBC Steelbook Poll [Concluded]

Would you purchase these in Steelbooks?

• Documentaries (e.g. Nature, History, etc)

Votes: 95 34.4%
  • TV Series (e.g Doctor Who, Red Dwarf etc)

Votes: 142 51.4%
  • TV Drama (e.g Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, etc)

Votes: 176 63.8%
  • TV Comedies (e.g. Wallace & Grommit, Faulty Towers, etc)

Votes: 124 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello all,

We have been asked to provide an opportunity for community feedback for possible BBC Steelbook releases.

This is an unofficial poll not requested by the studio.

Please vote in the poll and feel free to share constructive criticism and title ideas/suggestions for releases in the thread.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, members!

Attachments

• BBC-Logo.jpg
    BBC-Logo.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 158
There is lots of UK BBC Series productions
Drama
Comedy
Sports

Documentary
Thriller
Science Fiction
Crime
and a lot more

Just go to Amazon-UK and enter BBC Series

Problem is though most are DVD releases and a lot of the brilliant BBC TV Series Classics are not available on Blu-ray
So for a Steelbook it would have to be a existing Blu-ray releases
If they are willing to do a First time Blu-ray release on some of the classics that could lead to some very interesting releases that would sell well and not just because of been a steelbook
If its first time Blu-ray release that would lead to sales and as a bonus be a steelbook

Reactions: chunk
Completely forgot about the league of gentlemen and time trumpet

And a comedy that started last year called "people just do nothing", it's genius and mine and my mates favourite at the moment - filmed like the office but with rude Bois trying to manage a pirate radio station in London.
2nd series finished a few weeks ago (check it out on I player)

I've noticed a few people getting confused with ITV & ch4

Some great comedies on ch4 and some of the better ones for modern times
Away from bbc I would love to see 15 stories high, brass eye, peep show, Garth marenghi's dark place, IT crowd, campus, phone shop, Nathan barley, the armando iannucci shows.

I have to leave this thread now.

It's frustrating me how people can think that anything that's on TV will qualify as a BBC program!!!!

And not even bother doing a spot of research first or even read through the thread before posting.

Before I go, one last time.....

DSC01710 (Medium).JPG

Completely forgot about the league of gentlemen

I've noticed a few people getting confused with ITV & ch4.

We didn't burn him! :cautious:

Doesn't 'BBC America' show a selection of UK TV not just BBC stuff? That may be where the confusion comes from with our friends over the water....

As for BBC steels, as much as I'd like steelbooks of my favourite comedies over the years, like Fawlty towers, Blackadder, Alan Partridge, the league of gentlemen, red dwarf.... And shows such as Luther, Dr Who etc they would be expensive as BBC stuff always seems to be, plus all TV stations in the UK seem rather reluctant to release anything on bluray, there are many DVD releases but it seems that it's only the 'big' shows that get considered for the HD treatment

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
We didn't burn him! :cautious:

Doesn't 'BBC America' show a selection of UK TV not just BBC stuff? That may be where the confusion comes from with our friends over the water....

As for BBC steels, as much as I'd like steelbooks of my favourite comedies over the years, like Fawlty towers, Blackadder, Alan Partridge, the league of gentlemen, red dwarf.... And shows such as Luther, Dr Who etc they would be expensive as BBC stuff always seems to be, plus all TV stations in the UK seem rather reluctant to release anything on bluray, there are many DVD releases but it seems that it's only the 'big' shows that get considered for the HD treatment

Ahh I didn't know that, I didn't even know there is a bbc America (although should of guessed) and I didn't look at where the people were from that was posting things like it crowd etc.

True, everything I've said on my first post on page 1 and the one you quoted I already own on dvd except planet earth and life (both on blu Ray)

I do like red dwarf (well used to) but find it quite dated now and although I never mentioned only fools and horses (the greatest UK comedy ever) it would take up too much money and room.
And to be honest I would only buy a select few of bbc comedies/ dramas/ docs.

I can't stand Dr who, Miranda, I think our bbc dramas are pretty awful although I've heard good things about Luther, peaky blinders and few others (I much prefer ch4 dramas - black mirror/ utopia/ misfits/ this is England 86, 88 (would love steels of the this is England series) and the new this is England 90 starting tomorrow and I can't wait).

I can't stand Miranda or that bloody Mrs brown thing...and I know it goes against every national poll of favourite TV comedies but I've never really enjoyed only fools and horses, being brought up on a diet of monty python, the young ones, Blackadder etc my comedy tastes have always been very oddball and irrelevant so it's things like the mighty boosh, vic and Bob, Harry hill, the comic strip, father ted, Phoenix nights etc, along with the classics like allo allo, are you being served etc...

Reactions: Flloydo
I have to leave this thread now.

It's frustrating me how people can think that anything that's on TV will qualify as a BBC program!!!!

And not even bother doing a spot of research first or even read through the thread before posting.

Before I go, one last time.....

Not sure if that's aimed at me and without going through the thread I think I'm the only one who mentioned dark place but I also stated people are getting confused with the channels and the last part of my post just before yours is pretty much about channel 4 as I mentioned the words "away from bbc i would love to see".

I can't stand Miranda or that bloody Mrs brown thing...and I know it goes against every national poll of favourite TV comedies but I've never really enjoyed only fools and horses, being brought up on a diet of monty python, the young ones, Blackadder etc my comedy tastes have always been very oddball and irrelevant so it's things like the mighty boosh, vic and Bob, Harry hill, the comic strip, father ted, Phoenix nights etc, along with the classics like allo allo, are you being served etc...

Quite simular to me,

I don't get the love for Miranda (she's just not funny) or Mrs Browns boys! Does me in.

Completely forgot about pythons, black adder.
I used to me mad over mighty boosh and also went to 3 of the live shows. Still love it just not watched in a while.
Also love vic and bob, harry hill, black books etc.

Have you watched anything like brass eye? Time trumpet? Look around you? Nathan barley? The thick of it? They seem like something you might like

Chris Morris and armando innacci are great writers back and crazy ideas but genius
Again not bbc although gervais is a massive part of them I would love to see something like the Ricky gervais shows too.

Folks, thanks all for your specific feedback thus far. Please keep the replies to suggestions and feedback about titles you'd like to see in Steelbooks. Any other BBC or Television related discussions should be held in the appropriate forums. Thanks!

I went for comedies. Would love to see the likes of The Office, Extras, Only Fools & Horses on steelbook :D

If you are truly a fan of High Definition the winner here is so easily Natural History, Science & Documentaries, because the HD quality of these programmes that the BBC put out 'over the air' is utterly OUTSTANDING! ....particularly the Nature and Universe type programmes ... the visual quality of their Nature/Science output often puts dedicated BD films to shame! ...especially the lazy rehash type stuff... serioulsy, its not even a contest :cool: :cat:

If you are truly a fan of High Definition the winner here is so easily Natural History, Science & Documentaries, because the HD quality of these programmes that the BBC put out 'over the air' is utterly OUTSTANDING! ....particularly the Nature and Universe type programmes ... the visual quality of their Nature/Science output often puts dedicated BD films to shame! ...especially the lazy rehash type stuff... serioulsy, its not even a contest :cool: :cat:

The BBC's HD docs like you said and especially things like planet earth etc blow my mind with the way they look.
Some of the close ups and slow mo is some of the best in history.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Status
Not open for further replies.