2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Beauty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The jungle book live action did just under a billion dollars at the box office
BATB live action opening weekend will be awesome
Cant wait to see this at the weekend with the whole family
Yeah, I wasn't sure with Jungle Book. I didn't realise it did that well though. I agree with you, I think this will be a hit also as the film/story has a huge following.

In which case Disney will think it's OK to remake everything......

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, I wasn't sure with Jungle Book. I didn't realise it did that well though. I agree with you, I think this will be a hit also as the film/story has a huge following.

In which case Disney will think it's OK to remake everything......

Have a feeling Disney already think that lol

Also looking forward to this but I just know Ewan's French accent will wind me up - he's not good at accents like Daniel Craig

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Would have though the newer more detailed one would be the way they will go ;)

Al2ChJZGhYpHEoSQsDYGAIyh35o.jpg

Lot's of options for nice slips from the 'premiums' later on though :D

Oh I like that too

Yeah I'd prefer that one

Loads are in the works, Mulan, Mary poppins, mermaid pretty sure I read Aladdin and dumbo was being made my Tim burton but not sure if that's been cancelled or put on hold

I'm pretty sure jungle book did very well. Not met anyone who didn't like that

Personally I thought Cinderella was great, much better than I thought it was going to be but maleficent could of been better (just my opinion) - although again everyone I know who's seen it loved it

Petes dragon didn't do too well which is a shame because it's probably the best made out of them all and has a lot of heart

Isn't Guy Ritchie in the frame to direct Aladdin? Could be interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Brett_S
Would have though the newer more detailed one would be the way they will go ;)

Al2ChJZGhYpHEoSQsDYGAIyh35o.jpg

Lot's of options for nice slips from the 'premiums' later on though :D

j1eb4FBWnCaLXHL4lxTaaz0iPv2.jpg
Yeah, I'd definitely prefer that... there's a few others I really like too. Was just saying what I think Disney will actually use though. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty
Preordered
Been keeping a very careful eye on the BATB 2017 production.
From the net it is stated that it has cost $160 million
Opening forecast based upon preorder ticket sales is around the $120 million and maybe £200 million worldwide.
I really hope that it has the feelgood factor that the 1991 animation has
Will see tomorrow as we of as a family to see it at the IMAX.

Just like Cinderella and Into The Woods. Im not sure The Jungle Book performed as they expected either.

These live action remakes are losing the charm of the originals. They're too boring for young kids as they can't hold they're attention and not many adults (especially young males) are really interested in them either. So Disney are limiting their market. At least with a cartoon you grew up with, you go back and watch it again as an adult. So there's some re-watch value there.

They should just leave the animated classics as they are and stop remaking them. The Lion King is in the works now. Before you know it we'll have a live action Toy Story!! More money than sense with Disney!!

The original is a masterpiece. This live action remake looks very poor, and most of the criticisms I've seen seem to be about the singing and the politics at hand. Looks like a lot of CGI and green screens, really takes me out of the film.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hello all!

We've just had it confirmed from Disney that our #ZavviExclusive Beauty & The Beast SteelBook will have the title on the spine & the FRONT!
Bad news, don't want or need writing all over the steelbook !? All you moaner's have killed the pure nature of beautiful artwork on steelbook's ! NOT EVERYONE IN THE U.K. WANT TITLES ALL OVER THEIR STEELBOOKS ! I would settle for titles on the spine, but on the front just kills it dead, makes it,... too commercial !? Can you imagine the "MONA LISA" have a massive signature across the actual painting ???? Ah well, you've all spat your dummies out and ruined the "PURE" imagery, with its creative and artistic splender ! I know, lets put a lovely picture on a steelbook and then plonk a title over the top with no artistic thought at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Yes, love that Imax poster and this other similar even better one for the steelbook front but would be concerned at the designers habit of zooming the ass off it and ruining the image like they did with the recent "Jungle Book" 2016 steelbook (you know the one . . . the WWA that should have been . . . but ended up on the Blufans :arghh: ).

. . . with this on the back for contrast .....................................................................and this inside mirroring the warmth and the cold of the outside artwork:-
beauty_and_the_beast_ver19.jpg

Just back from seeing it at the Imax in Nottingham. Wonderful film. wasn't expecting much, but got a pleasant surprise. The sets, costumes etc, total escapism. "Be My Guest" will blow you away!! Came out with a big cheesy grin on my face.