Price: £24.99
Note: Will include title on the spine and front

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Beauty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news, don't want or need writing all over the steelbook !? All you moaner's have killed the pure nature of beautiful artwork on steelbook's ! NOT EVERYONE IN THE U.K. WANT TITLES ALL OVER THEIR STEELBOOKS ! I would settle for titles on the spine, but on the front just kills it dead, makes it,... too commercial !? Can you imagine the "MONA LISA" have a massive signature across the actual painting ???? Ah well, you've all spat your dummies out and ruined the "PURE" imagery, with its creative and artistic splender ! I know, lets put a lovely picture on a steelbook and then plonk a title over the top with no artistic thought at all.

You're mentioning "moaner's" and then you make this post that everyone can see.:coffee:

Also, you're comparing Blu-ray steelbooks to Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa!

"Plonk a title over the top", "artistic thought/spender"... the people at Disney know how to produce artwork for posters, amarays and steelbooks— I have seen Blu-ray covers before, I'm sure it won't look "plonked".

The proportion of people who like to have a title on their Blu-rays is far greater than people who don't want them judging by the collectors on this website. I wouldn't be upset if there was no title on the front as long as there's one on the spine, but complaining to zavvi about it even though they recently managed to get an exclusive deal with Disney for the UK is weird.

Look at BluFans exclusives: they got gorgeous Disney/Marvel/Pixar artwork available, and they have titles on the front too (the titles are designed alongside the "pure imagery" as you say), I've never heard any complaint about this on the Blufans front.

This steelbook will be released across Europe with no title on the front, so I'm sure you can pick it up, like I'm sure the title will blend into the artwork for the UK exclusive.

Thank you @zavvi for cutting a exclusive deal with Disney to get titles on steelbooks, I'd settle for a spine title but a title on the front as well is great too. :thumbs:

Unless Emma on the front then pass. Will wait for a slipped or WEA version. Disneys track record here "Cinderella" isn't good. Expect this to be dire art wise title or no title.

Yup, I could live with the magical and dreamlike Best Buy original poster design artwork . . . which is more than likely exactly what we'll be getting here in the U.K. . . .

"This steelbook features the title on the spine as well as the front cover."

Thankfully nothing egregious like the live action CINDERELLA and JUNGLE BOOK steelbooks :thumbs:

"BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D STEELBOOK
LIMITED STOCK REMAINING

Beauty & The Beast 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook
Includes Beauty and the Beast title on the front and spine."

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and jimmyv
Not getting good reviews. Sounds like a dud so far.

It's generally getting excellent reviews. 71% on rotten tomatoes. I've not read one bad review yet across the movie magazines or press "I don't do blogs, but even they are generally liking it. So don't know what you've read buts it's very much in the minority

It's generally getting excellent reviews. 71% on rotten tomatoes. I've not read one bad review yet across the movie magazines or press "I don't do blogs, but even they are generally liking it. So don't know what you've read buts it's very much in the minority

I don't have high hopes for this as I'm not impressed by what I've seen in trailers and the Disney Instagram but I know a few people who have seen it already and they are giving it the thumbs it. I trust their reviews as I know them. Guess I'll find out for myself when I go to IMAX on Thursday to see it.

Not a big fan of her either, but after seeing her in this, she was made for the part...... surprised about how much I enjoyed it. I don't know what reviews everyone is reading, but most in UK are giving it 4/5. Never trust reviews anyway....... best go along with an open mind and escape for a while!

Anyone who gives this movie a bad review doesnt know what they are talking about imo.

This movie stayed true to the original and was a breathe of fresh air to watch. I thought Emma Watson played Belle perfectly.

I was sat with a smile on my face all the way through this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast and thewoe
the problem with your comment is I'm getting conflicting reports about the film from people who have seen it. Some like it, some hate it so it's clearly not as cut and dry and you think.

Reactions: lgans316
To be fair haven't been to see this and will probably wait for the Blu-ray but the luminous Kristen Stewart passed over for Emma Watson :rolleyes: . . . or even the Audrey Hepburn lookalike Lily Collins.
kristen-stewart-snow-white-gif.gif
lily-collins-mirror-mirror-gif.gif

A passing resemblance between Watson and the cartoon Belle cannot be denied however:-
559f03e8233deeefeaf1cee11decd4f2e10b45da1ad783de60134a0889377afa.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect it was always going to have a tough audience given the popularity of the animated version. I've never seen the animated version (I'll await my banning order) but I've pre-ordered this for the wife. I was going to watch the last edition beforehand in preparation for when this is finally out on blu ray but maybe I'll watch them the other way around and see how that works out instead. Give the new one it's chance that way.

This is doing very well at the box office it has broken box office records already
Looks like will end up with very high box office takings worldwide