Beauty and the Beast (2017) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #43) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey - One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Full glossy finish & embossed WEA steelbook

Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
good! give our bank account a break after all the holiday expenses..would love to know what Blufans WEA lineup will be in 2018 aside from this and Dunkirk. my short wishlist includes Thor Ragnarok, The Last Jedi and possibly Coco.

I’d imagine they’re all certs, might even see the back log of Marvel titles tackled

Thor Ragnarok and The Last Jedi are in the bag. Coco is a strong possibility.

Did you like. Coco?
Yes! IMO, the last few Pixar didn't have the same heart as the first Classic Pixar Animations but this one was at par with those. Colors & music are beautiful. Went in blind as I saw very few trailers for this but it's such a tribute to Mexican culture.

Elegant looking steelbook but average at best as far as treatment is concerned with the typical cost-cutting of only the title embossed . . . embossed title constitutes an embossed steelbook (lol) . . . when it's the embossed artwork that should constitute an embossed steelbook.
This steelbook - as a prime example - screams out for embossing of Belle and Beast . . . bringing them out of the background dancing into the foreground with that lovely arched window flat in the background giving the desired 3D effect . . and that's not even taking into account the tactile aspect of embossed artwork seen to great effect on many of the early UK Disney steelbooks and more recently on CARS 1 - 3.

Back image is a favourite. . . and the inside is good but can't hold a candle to the WWA inside artwork.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP
I actually like it just the way it is :whistle::thumbs: I wouldn't want too much embossing/debossing anyway, not for this image, I wanted it clean and clean it is. I think it's perfect and will do all I can to get my one click :drool:

I actually like it just the way it is :whistle::thumbs: I wouldn't want too much embossing/debossing anyway, not for this image, I wanted it clean and clean it is. I think it's perfect and will do all I can to get my one click :drool:

Not every steelbook should have embossing or debossing. Too much of it may warp the cover. It’s all about the artwork and the finish.

I agree, this to me is the same as Doctor Strange BF, a really beautiful Very High Quality Image with a subtle touch of embossing on the Title...simply Classy just the way it is !

• Thanks
Reactions: MrsRobinson
Embossed steelbooks = not classy . . . LOL . . . I almost spat out my porridge . . .
Apart from the tactile aspect and the added dimension embossing adds to the artwork the process clearly has the look/feel to persuade buyers that they are getting something special for their hard-earned cash.
Embossing of the artwork can turns something quite ordinary into something quite special (imo).

Comparison between embossed artwork and flat artwork can be made . . . as in, imagine an already released steelbook with embossed artwork vs. the same artwork unembossed.
Same process the other way around - imagine a flat artwork release against the same artwork embossed.
I suspect that any nine out of ten buyers will go for the one with the embossed artwork . . .

By embossed steelbooks I do not refer to the lazy-assed steelbooks with raised titles - describing these as embossed steelbooks is IMO a bit of a cheat.

Imagine these few fine random examples of the art of embossing vs. the same artwork only flat and I think the point is made:-
upload_2017-11-29_15-6-30.png
upload_2017-11-29_15-8-57.png
upload_2017-11-29_15-15-13.png

Just the embossing of the noose artwork makes all the difference
on THE CONJURING, for example . . .

upload_2017-11-29_15-33-14.png
upload_2017-11-29_15-37-28.png

upload_2017-11-29_15-39-41.png
upload_2017-11-29_15-41-33.png

Compare this to the flat MUMMY TRILOGY release . . .
upload_2017-11-29_15-45-15.png
upload_2017-11-29_15-56-9.png
Zootopia-steelbook-blufans-3.gif

Cars-3-steelbook-zavvi-3-1.jpg
Cars-2-steelbook-zavvi-2-3.jpg
Psycho-steelbook3.jpg

green-hornet-steelbook-12.jpg
The-Game-steelbook-4.jpg
dp2-jpg.235493
dp1-jpg.235492
Tomorrowland-steelbook-zavvi-1.jpg
5-jpg.296387
full
image-jpg.167742
23279423_170750923507423_2346042369800929280_n.jpg
Disneys-Ratatouille-3D-Embossed-STEELBOOK-Blu-ray-UK-SEALED-_1.jpg
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Salazar-Revenge-steelbook-1.jpg

The eyes have it (lol) . . .
Mars_Attacks_Steelbook_Zavvi_Amazon_Exklusiv_Seite.jpg
3TjBKqj.jpg
74NVsGp.jpg
jungle-book-steelbook-4.jpg
fox-and-hound-steelbook-5.jpg
PwFna90.jpg
tarzan-disney-collection-steelbook-zavvi-6.jpg
RWQWq2g.jpg
uK8NQBX.jpg
0db8cf4ccaea84c4ef97dfcd916641f8.jpg
hercules-steelbook-disney-3.jpg
full
hqdefault.jpg
Disney-Pixars-The-Incredibles-Embossed-STEELBOOK-Blu-ray-UK-_1.jpg
B2wwNNi.jpg
Unknown5921-4.jpg
fWvz99s.jpg
NFVZycV.jpg

. . . and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
I really rather steelbooks "flat"/without an embossing/debossing you know and I'm not the only one, just because you or the majority rather the opposite doesn't mean everything you said were necesseraly true(basicaly embossed/debossed steels would be better)

just some examples like that from my personal collection that I reall like:
for the back :
hdzeta how to train your dragons
best buys cars 1
US 's up (target if i'm not mistaken)
romeo+juliet's blufans
rio blufans
ratatouille best buy

the front of :
pnocchio's best buy
transformers 4 US
la la land uk
watchmen play(re released later I know)
iron man 's kimchi
wanted german edition
etc

In the end, it all comes down to - as it always does - individual collector's taste. I mean, it's not like other people tell you what you should and shouldn't consider worthy of your attention, right? I sure wouldn't get something just because others said it was ace, I'd get it if I thought it was ace. If one prefers debossed/whatever, that's fine, if one doesn't, also fine. I am always happy and very interested to see what they come up with design-wise, but having or not having special treatment on the steel bears no difference to me if I already love the cover art (and the film).

Out of the examples from the earlier post some steels would indeed stand out with their de/embossing, but some definitely wouldn't - again, for my taste... Like that Deadpool - I know people like it, but to me, in all honesty, it's insaaaanely booooring, it does absolutely nothing for me; same thing with a few others I see there. I do however love what they've done with Salazar's revenge or the Mummy. Just love what you love and let others do the same ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Stygian
Watched this over the weekend. Almost slept. Thought this would be named a classic in the future but it turned out to be a dud for me. Everything was predictable and I felt they had to drag by placing boring songs. Anyway this has given me the motivation to get rid of all my BATB Steels.

Reactions: gaeljet
Anyway this has given me the motivation to get rid of all my BATB Steels.
You had loads of versions of this movie and never watched it until considering buying kimchis??
But yeah, I rented it when it came out, major disappointment, especially after how great The Jungle Book was. Even my missus didn't like this and she's Disney mad.

I get buying one premium edition of the a film you've never seen but more than one? That is mighty risky if you then dont like the film

Personally I really enjoyed this one and it's not a genre of film I'd watch on my own at all

In the end, it all comes down to - as it always does - individual collector's taste. I mean, it's not like other people tell you what you should and shouldn't consider worthy of your attention, right? I sure wouldn't get something just because others said it was ace, I'd get it if I thought it was ace. If one prefers debossed/whatever, that's fine, if one doesn't, also fine. I am always happy and very interested to see what they come up with design-wise, but having or not having special treatment on the steel bears no difference to me if I already love the cover art (and the film).

Out of the examples from the earlier post some steels would indeed stand out with their de/embossing, but some definitely wouldn't - again, for my taste... Like that Deadpool - I know people like it, but to me, in all honesty, it's insaaaanely booooring, it does absolutely nothing for me; same thing with a few others I see there. I do however love what they've done with Salazar's revenge or the Mummy. Just love what you love and let others do the same ;)

Yes, I get the bit about personal choice but I found the comment made by someone earlier that embossed steelbooks are less classy than flat steelbooks a bit provocative . It's like saying a Sun page three girl is less classy than a Penthouse Playmate - OK, not the best comparison LOL - but anyway I found the comment incendiary.
When folks are paying anything from 40 quid, or more, for a single steelbook in s slipcase and up to 200 quid for a one-click box for three of the same steelbooks in different slipcases I do not understand why anyone would not wish for the artwork on these v. expensive steelbooks to not be embossed and that they are happy with just raised titles.
Anyway as they say in my neck of the woods, "There's nowt so strange as folk'.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925 and Radagast
Everything was predictable and I felt they had to drag by placing boring songs..

Of course everything was predictable. They're doing nearly shot for shot remakes of the old classics. Fair play if you found it boring of course, but expecting a different storyline doesn't really make too much sense, does it? Same goes for the songs. Of course they were going to have the classics!

I prefer the simple title embossing with great artwork by Blufans and hope they never change it :p
Dunno whats so strange about it, if people enjoy more "clean" looking Steelbooks

For this Steelbook, i have around 0 interests in the movie but it would look so good beside The Jungle Book.. damn u Blufans :LOL:

I prefer the simple title embossing with great artwork by Blufans and hope they never change it :p
Dunno whats so strange about it, if people enjoy more "clean" looking Steelbooks

For this Steelbook, i have around 0 interests in the movie but it would look so good beside The Jungle Book.. damn u Blufans :LOL:

You have no interest in this movie? Who hurt you?

"clean-looking" steelbooks guaranteed maximum enjoyment :p
upload_2017-11-30_19-33-19.png

. . . and anyway 'bossing hardly affects great artwork negatively and arguably enhances it (immensely) :)

You do have a point when it comes to antique silver, for example, where it was a case of the Victorians making a habit of pimping out elegant and plain silver objets from earlier periods with allsorts of Rococo repoussé embossing scrolls and other decorative flounces which if anything has devalued the items.
Of course this does not apply to embossed steelbooks.

JENNIFER'S BODY artwork . . . alas, not a steelbook.
Which one did you buy?
(a) First pressing = heavily embossed / molded . . . to enhance the artwork (lol)
or
(b) Second pressing = flat
???????
a)
Jen%27sBodyUKslip01.JPG
Jen%27sBodyUKslip06.JPG
Jen%27sBodyUKslip04.JPG

Jennifer+02.jpg

b)
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: