Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: January 31, 2018
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €29.99
Note: Blu-Ray + DVD + Extras. Spot gloss

La-Belle-et-la-Bete-Edition-speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez France are going a bit over kill on all these. About 20+ titles all being released the same day lol mad
Disney are pushing their luck with all these releases also. That's a minimum of 3 releases now for each film in steelbook form now, 2 from Zavvi, 1 from FNACand the odd release from the US.

Over saturated would be an under statement.

They are nice artworks though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Disney are pushing their luck with all these releases also. That's a minimum of 3 releases now for each film in steelbook form now, 2 from Zavvi, 1 from FNACand the odd release from the US.

Over saturated would be an under statement.

They are nice artworks though.

You do realise that it's not just enthusiast collectors who purchase steelbooks? Most people (myself included) couldn't give a flying monkey **** how many editions there are globally.

This would be especially true with Disney animated movies which appeal to a very broad audience. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if some of you function in the real world.. :)

You do realise that it's not just enthusiast collectors who purchase steelbooks? Most people (myself included) couldn't give a flying monkey **** how many editions there are globally.

This would be especially true with Disney animated movies which appeal to a very broad audience. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if some of you function in the real world.. :)
Some of you function in the real world? What's your problem??

Don't be coming in here shooting your mouth off because you don't care how many editions there are for a particular film. If you want more, then good for you, you got more. My opinion is MY opinion, if you don't like it, tastefully disagree, if not, stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

Prat

Some of you function in the real world? What's your problem??

Don't be coming in here shooting your mouth off because you don't care how many editions there are for a particular film. If you want more, then good for you, you got more. My opinion is MY opinion, if you don't like it, tastefully disagree, if not, stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

Prat

The vast, vast majority of people buying steelbooks are completely oblivious to what is released outside of their nation AND don't care if a release doesn't sell out immediately. Collectors like yourself operate under the complete delusion that these are anything more than boxes to put your discs in. However you get my respect for acknowledging how you look by signing off as you did.

Hobiin

Last edited:
The vast, vast majority of people buying steelbooks are completely oblivious to what is released outside of their nation AND don't care if a release doesn't sell out immediately. Collectors like yourself operate under the complete delusion that these are anything more than boxes to put your discs in. However you get my respect for acknowledging how you look by signing off as you did.

Hobiin

IMG_2605.GIF

Lol. And the insults keep on coming. Take a long look at yourself before you start insulting people.

It's a very rare occurrence that I've seen you on this forum with anything positive or constructive to say without trying to be insulting, ignorant or arrogant, and that says a lot about your persona. A lot of what I've seen you post I don't agree with, but I don't come on here insulting you like you did me, and because I called you out on it, you feel the need to carry on. Strange person you are mate. Hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, get your facts right, the vast VAST majority of people buying steelbooks are collectors and are fully aware of other editions, hence why when re releases of steels come out, they sell less and less because the Collectors A) can't stump up the cash due to frequent release, B) have the sense not to be milked for every release out there ( if you want every release guys, that's no problem for me, go nuts) & C) the amount of Casual steelbook buyers are not as large you seem to think. It's forums like these that people learn about them and in turn take up the hobby. If it wasn't for Collectors, the steelbook market wouldn't be as oversaturated as it is now as the sales wouldn't of been enough to justify the swarm of releases we have seen over the last 3 years.

That's MY opinion, if you don't like it, disagree with me by all means, but if you want to carry on thinking you are some superior being by insulting me, go nuts too, I'll just sit here and lap it up.

Signing off PRAT , because yeah that is what I am, good one I feel so silly now. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
View attachment 333977

Lol. And the insults keep on coming. Take a long look at yourself before you start insulting people.

It's a very rare occurrence that I've seen you on this forum with anything positive or constructive to say without trying to be insulting, ignorant or arrogant, and that says a lot about your persona. A lot of what I've seen you post I don't agree with, but I don't come on here insulting you like you did me, and because I called you out on it, you feel the need to carry on. Strange person you are mate. Hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, get your facts right, the vast VAST majority of people buying steelbooks are collectors and are fully aware of other editions, hence why when re releases of steels come out, they sell less and less because the Collectors A) can't stump up the cash due to frequent release, B) have the sense not to be milked for every release out there ( if you want every release guys, that's no problem for me, go nuts) & C) the amount of Casual steelbook buyers are not as large you seem to think. It's forums like these that people learn about them and in turn take up the hobby. If it wasn't for Collectors, the steelbook market wouldn't be as oversaturated as it is now as the sales wouldn't of been enough to justify the swarm of releases we have seen over the last 3 years.

That's MY opinion, if you don't like it, disagree with me by all means, but if you want to carry on thinking you are some superior being by insulting me, go nuts too, I'll just sit here and lap it up.

Signing off PRAT , because yeah that is what I am, good one I feel so silly now. :LOL:

These French Disney releases (complete with French titles) are intended for the French the domestic market. That's a fact. Disney's French home video division weren't considering international collectors because the bulk of sales will be domestic.

Na, You're wrong, your jimmies are thoroughly rustled but it's okay to admit you're wrong. Opinions should be formed by analysing facts. Even among members of a community with a high tendency to buy steelbooks/"collectors editions" 59% of members have fewer than 100 steelbooks and 38% have fewer than 50 steelbooks.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...n-post-pics-of-collection-last-acquired.2012/

There's a thing called social media, (yeah, I hate it too but I don't pretend it doesn't exist) that's where the vast majority of steelbook buyers learn about upcoming products and many other completely redundant things.

People still buying physical media are casually impulse buying a few steelbooks to go alongside their standard amray cases and this makes up the bulk of steelbook sales. The Game of Thrones/Marvel steelbooks are great example of this.

IMG_2606.GIF

And the arrogance just keeps on shining through. It's okay to admit I'm wrong?! Get off your soapbox mate.

And thanks for confirming that it's a French steel, with French titles for the French market. Had no idea! Lol.

Do you honestly think that the 2 Zavvi waves of Disney waves were not bought by the French? Do you think that they all waited to get their own release? Na, don't think so. They'll most probably want to get these, especially seeing it will be in their native tongue, and I would also if I was French, why wouldn't they? But thanks for confirming the obvious, I'm so glad you cleared that up for me as I was really struggling with it. ( Sarcasam in case I needs to let you know)

Got my jimmies rustled? :rofl::LOL::LOL::rofl::hilarious::rofl::LOL: Yeah okay mate, if it makes you feel better! LMFAO!

Well it's been interesting, but you really are that boring of a person that I won't t be wasting my time with you. clearly you are soooo much more my superior, that I will have to say goodbye! Or should I say Au Revoir !

Communication blocked

IMG_2608.GIF

It was likely to happen Disney would release these steelbooks in various markets in different countries it's what Disney do
Disney on a regular basis do re-releases and re-packaged new artwork with slips and new extras etc sometimes 2 times in 1 year

Zavvi had exclusive in Europe for a set period that has expired

To be honest I'm surprised it took so long and only reason delayed was due to the Zavvi exclusive deal these would have been released a lot earlier in various countries

Most of the early steelbook collectors will got the Zavvi steelbooks already but with the amount of new steelbook customers since the Zavvi releases worldwide there will be a good few getting these

They won't sell out as fast but some of these will still sell well especialy with collectors who missed out on previous Zavvi releases and those that did not even know about the Zavvi exclusives

Web forums like HDN and BD forum and other web forums only account for a % of the customers who purchase steelbooks worldwide

A lot don't know about these web forums but when they do learn about web forums it does help both the collector and the sales

Web forums like HDN and BD forum and other web forums only account for a % of the customers who purchase steelbooks worldwide

A lot don't know about these web forums but when they do learn about web forums it does help both the collector and the sales

Yep. These Disney steelbooks will be purchased by and for families who have no/few steelbooks. The other guy is completely incapable of differentiating between the casual consumers who will walk into an FNAC and buy these on a whim and the tiny fraction of French consumers who imported from Zavvi.

big laugh ^^

lol yeah.. He/She is conflating hardened collectors who import steelbooks with casual consumers who are completely oblivious to international releases. There's no such thing as saturating the market when a product is targeting a fresh audience i.e. the casual consumers who have never seen a Disney steelbook in France.

Is it out already? Not interesting in Beauty and the Beast but my wife would love to add that Wall-E to the collection

Reactions: gaeljet
For the price, I was kind of hoping for some embossing, but it looks like these are glossy but not embossed?

Magnifique!
OK, maybe not quite up there with the Zavvi releases with the embossing etc. but damn fine nonetheless.
Pretty, pretty, pretty steelbooks . . . lovely colours . . . great WEAs for the domestic market . . . and even a few included with universal appeal title-wise (RATATOUILLE, PINOCCHIO etc.):-

"About time" the French will be saying . . . but quite extraordinary and unprecedented this happiness overdose of 15 Disney steels in one hit . . . considering we in the UK had to wait something like nine months before we had our15 titles . . .

Steelbookpro pics:-
comment_87771_attachment_images_2.JPG

comment_87771_attachment_images_1.JPG

Can't find dedicated threads for each release but anyway fitting that these lovelies should be in one place and seen together as a collection even though this place is not ideal:-
comment_88530_attachment_images_1.JPG

comment_88530_attachment_images_2.JPG

comment_88530_attachment_images_3.JPG

================================================================================================================================
comment_87908_attachment_images_2.jpg
comment_87908_attachment_images_4.jpg

===============================================================================================================================
comment_87907_attachment_images_2.jpg
comment_87907_attachment_images_3.jpg

================================================================================================================================
comment_87675_attachment_images_4.jpg

comment_87675_attachment_images_2.jpg
comment_87675_attachment_images_3.jpg

comment_87909_attachment_images_4.jpg
comment_87909_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_88133_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_88133_attachment_images_4.jpg

comment_88133_attachment_images_3.jpg

comment_88133_attachment_images_2.jpg

===============================================================================================================================
comment_87669_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_87669_attachment_images_3.jpg

comment_87669_attachment_images_4.jpg

comment_87669_attachment_images_2.jpg

comment_88041_attachment_images_2.jpeg

============================================================================================================================
comment_88040_attachment_images_1.jpeg

comment_88060_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_88155_attachment_images_2.jpg

comment_88040_attachment_images_4.jpeg

comment_88040_attachment_images_2.jpeg

comment_88040_attachment_images_3.jpeg

==============================================================================================================================
comment_88155_attachment_images_1.jpg
comment_88116_attachment_images_1.jpg

=============================================================================================================================