Beauty & the Beast (Lenticular) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the one release nearly everyone must have been waiting for . . . and we won't have to wait long with a released date of the 13th MARCH.

Hopefully this is one Disney / Zavvi steelbook thread which won't be full of "Why another re-release and not something new to steelbook ?"(lol).

May be the same classic and iconic front as seen on the original steelbook and on most other BatB releases but at least the back and insides are fresh and new . . . OK, not exactly "new" with the back used previously as a DVD front cover and the inside artwork seen previously on the back of the slipcover of the original U.K. steelbook:-

80076_large.jpg
upload_2017-2-21_12-24-9.png

Interesting title treatment on the spine of the new one may cause me to squint to read it as I do with the new LION KING steelbook.

Luckily for me previous Disney Clasics / Disney Pixar steelbook spines have clear easily readable spine titles (when they have titles at all LOL) and apart from the new LION KING and the upcoming BatB the only other three with titles set out in cartouches are BROTHER BEAR, NEW GROOVE and ROBIN HOOD and thankfully those three are larger and easier to read.
upload_2017-2-21_12-5-22.png
upload_2017-2-21_12-4-22.png
upload_2017-2-21_12-6-42.png

upload_2017-2-21_12-11-35.png
upload_2017-2-21_12-9-6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Drumass
The previous steelbook was amazing high gloss finish with embossing

Not in a rush to get this but I expect will sell well with new film coming out and was expected to happen

Considering the original is l o n g OOP and only available on the secondary market for upwards of 50/60 quid it's a no-brainer for the new collector - or existing collector who missed the original - who doesn't wish to fork out that amount for the original to go for this new steelbook for 1/3 of the price.
No question this will be the first Disney Classics lenticular steelbook to go OOP and I will have both for both collections

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees