Beauty & the Beast (Lenticular) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the original is l o n g OOP and only available on the secondary market for upwards of 50/60 quid it's a no-brainer for the new collector - or existing collector who missed the original - who doesn't wish to fork out that amount for the original to go for this new steelbook for 1/3 of the price.
No question this will be the first Disney Classics lenticular steelbook to go OOP and I will have both for both collections

Those with brains fork out for the original. Even new collectors, £60 is a good price for a REAL collectable. Reissues are destroying this collectable market completely and I hold those constantly praising cheap new versions responsible.

This one will be just as collectable as the original in a few years rime . . . in the same way that the second METROPOLIS steelbook is just as collectable as the original and that's despite an unspecified quantity of the original going up in smoke during the London riots.

This one will be just as collectable as the original in a few years rime . . . in the same way that the second METROPOLIS steelbook is just as collectable as the original and that's despite an unspecified quantity of the original going up in smoke during the London riots.

:joy:! erm no, it will be half price soon enough just like the other inferior lenti versions!

Oh brilliant... I only mentioned this last week in the forum if they were going to the re-releasing this one along with the live action version coming out. Well excited for this, as I'm sure a lot of us are. Definitely pre-ordering this one along with Lilo & Stitch.

Yes!

This was the one I was waiting for. I missed out on the first release due to not collecting steelbooks at that time.

One of my favourite Disney films this.

For people like me that only started collecting steelbooks last year, this re-releases titles (w/c many people complain about) are actually beneficial to us, rather than buying on ebays or amazons for insane prices, we are just glad that films we weren't able to buy is now coming back to market. I will buy beauty and the beast for my daughter. I Respect those who hates re-release, but let's just celebrate for those newbies like me..besides new movies will definitely pop out in the steelbook world,we js have to be patient.Cheers!

I hated the frame on the original so I'll definitely get this.
I also prefer the no-frame look (though the original looks fine, too). I have nothing to complain about with this one--one of the best of the lenti re-releases, I think. And probably the one with the highest chance of selling out quickly, with all the interest in BatB right now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
i'm trying to pre order but it just give ne the option of 11.99 for shipping...is this new?
For now i did it on the German site, they have the 2 euros shipping.....

Last edited: