Beetlejuice (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: May 5th, 2014
Purchase link: Beetlejuice (Sold out)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Gloss finish & embossed title treatment.
Limited to 2500

{param}

10920417-1392996997-835056.jpg

10920417-1393248006-804623.jpg

10920417-1393248006-804618.jpg

Attachments

• beetle1.jpg
    beetle1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 364
  • beetle2.jpg
    beetle2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 327
  • beetle3.jpg
    beetle3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 10920417-1392996997-835056.jpg
    10920417-1392996997-835056.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 365
  • 10920417-1393248006-804623.jpg
    10920417-1393248006-804623.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 325
  • 10920417-1393248006-804618.jpg
    10920417-1393248006-804618.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 330
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for my bad english ;).

i'm using "Google translate" to translate this text but something i got problems with the translation and the sense of the text is going away :D.

really i want to say please give me some feedback to my pics and my video and if you want tell it to me with an "thumb up" under my video or an "thanks" to this post.

i hope this text is in a little better english (without google translate) :thumbs:.

I'm happy with the steelbook, the artworks as good as the amaray, maybe better, the artwork could have been more hi res but still it's better than the plain recent releases and gloss too.

I just wish they could have added more extras on the disc, would have been great if there was a making of and interviews, with Time Burton and the cast, even a commentary track. Perhaps including the soundtrack would have made the extras better. I'm not in to cartoons, so won't be viewing those.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Got mine today! Finally! It's awesome!

I had 3 on pre order, cancelled 2.

If I would have known how nice it turned out I would have got a spare.

I'm just happy it is truly mint. Nice Gloss! Nice Artwork & colors!

Here's a pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: bigwednesday0
Was anyone else underwhelmed by the back cover crop?

The gloss didn't look that special either. I think they scanned a BMP image from a DVD screenshot to work from.

Lydia Deets on the back would have been more unique imo.

Was anyone else underwhelmed by the back cover crop?

The gloss didn't look that special either. I think they scanned a BMP image from a DVD screenshot to work from.

Lydia Deets on the back would have been more unique imo.

Yeah, the back is a very lazy effort. Of all the characters they could have used they put half of Beetlejuices head on there???!!!! :angry:

The actual top of the Steelbook looks weird too because you can see his teeth from the back image right on the top surface.

If the Corpse Bride was glossy it would be the ultimate Tim Burton Steelbook. It definitely has the best art.

Reactions: Skog and axldelarge
very disappointed with this steel, looks like they used the cheap printing method and tried to polish the turd with gloss. IMO

I always thought the back was poor, the mock-up represented exactly as it appears. I didn't dare boo-hoo a glossy steelbook even if the overall design is flawed, images are poor quality and embossing is misaligned. Still, a part of me loves the finish. Warner Bros are starting to build a reputation for using grainy images on their steelbooks, Point Break anyone?

Reactions: BradG1984
and that makes me angry because the steelbook surface is not so big to need a 50x70 poster size hq resolution image...
even if they're forced to work with a poor original image there are plenty of ways to improve it with 10 minutes of post production

and that makes me angry because the steelbook surface is not so big to need a 50x70 poster size hq resolution image...
even if they're forced to work with a poor original image there are plenty of ways to improve it with 10 minutes of post production

If only there was some sort of... Hi-Def source that they had access to, like if the movie was on some compact disc that had 1080p capabilities, they could do a screen grab and pull a cleaner image.

If only something like that existed...

Watched this last night for the first time in years - Beetlejuice is hardly even in it!! EEK! Lol Still an awesome movie thighs and I'm happy enough with the steelbook despite its poor resolution artwork :)

Got mine in today, I must say that the artwork looks awesome, I don't think it looks bad at all. Now I'm curious as to what the studio was thinking when they decided on the top half of Keaten's head on the back though? Very strange choice.

The detail of this steelbook is strange unlike I've not seen before on a steelbook. If you look at it from an angle it almost looks like a negative image. I've seen these kind of images but only in blacklight posters and such. Strange as it may seem has anybody tried shining a blacklight on this and see if it glows. :hilarious:

It's definitely got a good gloss to it, picks up my fingerprints real well. :rolleyes:

Reactions: severo
Beetlejuice | Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook

Official HDN Showcase Video

[media=youtube]2PUzguNFIuw[/media]

Video Description:
Hi-Def Ninja gives you an in-depth look at the Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook release of Tim Burton's 1988 Film 'Beetlejuice' Starring Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Catherine O'Hara and Jeffrey Jones.

• Glossy Finish
• Embossed Title
• Region Free
• Limited to 2500 Copies

This steelbook looks amazing! Almost has a glittered look to it, Beautiful gloss finish and vibrant hi-res print, 10/10 - A must have!

"hi-res print"

Until you turn it around.

Mine must be defective then. Because the image on the back looks grainy, and the front is horrible unless you look at it straight on. I give it a 2/10. IMO

Hi-res print? Where did you get your copy from, because the one I got in the post was NOT Hi-res.

Ok, the back image is far from hi-res, but the front is stunning especially the green title.