Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
part-II-.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Quatermass and the Pit (if this counts?)

Does count as it's the same character as the 1st 2 films even though it's played by a different (and superior) actor.
Not just simply a great sequel but one of the best sci-fi/horror films ever made.....

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
It's one of my favourites too... I prefer it to the first one (probably because it was also the first Batman movie I saw) and watched it so much as a kid that I wore out the VHS tape. :LOL:

Watching and rewinding the catwoman scenes till the tape wears out while no ones in the room doesn't count!:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I always liked Die Hard with a Vengeance growing up. Also Raid 2 comes to mind of a good sequel .

Completely agree, Die Hard With A Vengence was for me far better than 2 which stuck a little too close to the first films formula. You had a much better villian in Hans Brother and a superb actor playing him. Great action and Bruce and Sam were hilarious. It was one of the first laserdiscs I used as a demo for friends and family on what a properly calibrated high end home cinema system could do. The opening with the music, scans of New York then BOOM scared the living sh*t out of those watching. It wasn't arty, flashy or clever but my god it was a brutal opening that shook the whole room lol

I'd also go for

Kick Ass 2, as a massive fan of the comics it stuck to the story and was for me more enjoyable than the first.

Aliens, obviously

Amazing Spider-Man 2, for me THE perfect Spidey fim. Andrew and Emma cannot be bettered as far as I'm concerned and the action and music were just brilliant

Scream 2, better in every way, and a stunning cast

Thor Dark World, much prefered it over the first

The Dark Knight, an absolute masterpiece

I think that the most obvious answer is:
The Empire Strikes Back!

Honorable Mention does go out to T2: Judegement Day....

I always liked Die Hard with a Vengeance growing up.

Never underestimate the power that a good Director has to bring (or in the case of Die Hard- bring BACK) to a film.
Die Hard 2: DIE HARDER was just... pathetically dull. Die Hard with a Vengeance was the only good proper sequel to a Die Hard film that we've ever had.

Avoiding the usual suspects (Aliens, T2, Empire) I have to say
johnwick3.jpg

I LOVE the first film. But Chapter two just took it to whole new level...
Not just with the action, but especially the story and motivation.
One of the best of the year.

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back

Hands down one of the greatest sequels ever made, that easily surpasses the original in every way. From the amazing sets, fantastic special effects, to the great story...to the godly soundtrack. It's not only one of my favourite sequels but probably one of my favourite movies of all time.

But other sequels I love -

Aliens
Back to the Future Part II
Toy Story 2
Shrek 2 - I really didn't like the original Shrek at all!

The Dark Knight
John Wick: Chapter 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Tron: Legacy

I'm sure I'll forget some, but off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Empire Strikes Back
Billy Jack (sequel to Born Losers)
Damian: Omen 2
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Back to the Future 2
Aliens
Rocky III
Bride of Frankenstein
Captain America: Winter Soldier
The Bourne Supremacy
Godfather II
Demetrius and the Gladiators