Best Tablet or Pad?

Bluprint

Shoeprint
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Westside, ATL, GA
I'm looking to buy a Pad or Tablet. I have done quite bit of research but I'm still having a hard time making a choice. I think everyone who is having issues with "Which Pad or Tablet is Best for Them" can use the opinions and expertise of Ninjas.

My Questions:

- Which one has the best display for HD viewing (Movies, Gaming, Streaming)?

- What is the overall best (Display, Performance, Apps, Optimization)?

- Where to find the best prices for any you recommend?

Feel free to post any of your questions and answers as well. Thanks in advance for all input and thoughts. I'm sure this will help alot of our members :thumbs:

Last edited:
I love my Ipad 4th generation , it's quick , perfect for watching sky on the go and loads of apps :)

It's one of my top considerates! I love how its apps are optimize for the iPad and the retina display seems amazing. Yesterday, I was set on buying the iPad Mini but I've heard so many things that it lacks compared to its bigger counterpart.

Have you had a chance to test the iPad Mini or have any thoughts on how it compares to the iPad 4 or 3 display?

Thanks!

You ain't seen anything awesome yet display-wise until you watch 4K videos on the Nexus 10 :EEK!: Heck even 2K (1920x1080p) movies look incredible on the Nexus 10 IMO.

You ain't seen anything awesome yet display-wise until you watch 4K videos on the Nexus 10 :EEK!: Heck even 2K (1920x1080p) movies look incredible on the Nexus 10 IMO.

EEK! I hadn't even thought of the possibilities! I was taken back to find out that if you have a VUDU/Ultraviolet Collection that you cannot view them in HD (HDX). Why wouldn't you be able to view HD material on an HD pad or tablet. :dunno:

What source shows 4k on Tablets or Pads?

EEK! I hadn't even thought of the possibilities! I was taken back to find out that if you have a VUDU/Ultraviolet Collection that you cannot view them in HD (HDX). Why wouldn't you be able to view HD material on an HD pad or tablet. :dunno:

What source shows 4k on Tablets or Pads?

There are a few on Youtube and Netflix offers some to streaming customers. Obviously downloads rake up lots of space and streaming requires lots of bandwidth and burn up monthly usage rates.

I have an iPad 3 and love it. In fact it's like a third limb, it goes everywhere with me, even to the john. lol If your just now breaking into tablets and don't have one already I would go for the iPad 4 just because of the Retina Display and Lightning connector alone.

I've owned two different Android tablets and I really just could not be satisfied with them. In the end I wound up getting an iPad and it's been awesome.

Reactions: Bluprint
Im not a heavy mobile device user by any means and just picked up a Asus MEMO for $299 new... couldn't be happier. It does everything I need to and I dont see why someone like me would spend $5,6,700+ on mobile device when Im just a "casual user". I prefer to always just use my computer instead but the tablet's been nice to use on the couch and obviously on the go out n' about.

This is my first purchase in a long time outside of Apple product line and Im content with it. If I didn't get this tablet I would have bought the Google Nexus 10, the display on that thing is just amazing. Ipad would be my 3rd (and very expensive) option. Just wish Google had put a SD card slot on the Nexus 10... that was a big issue of mine with it.

I decided to go with the ipad 4! It really came down to optimization for me. What I noticed was most tablets were running there own versions of Andriod catered to their layout which made there apps, features and ecosystem experience feel more like a big phone. What I loved about Apple was the fact that everything has been optimized for their ecosystem. I also love that it didn't have page shutter or lag when strolling up or down and no frame rate drop either.

Side Note:

I was shocked to find out that you cannot watch your VUDU/Ultraviolet library in HDX on tablets or pads. Why are titles from UV Digital Copies only available in SD on HD tablets or pads? If I knew this from the beginning I would have went exclusively with iTunes Digital Copies. Providing HD viewing on all outlets should be in every Digital Streaming/Downloading companies Mission Statement.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make an educated decision and I will return the favor by trying to do the same for others on this thread as well. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Bourne
I decided to go with the ipad 4! It really came down to optimization for me. What I noticed was most tablets were running there own versions of Andriod catered to there layout which made there apps, features and ecosystem experience feel like a big phone. What I loved about Apple was the fact that everything has been optimized for there ecosystem. There apps weren't designed for phones and then adjusted for tablets they were made specific to the ipad optimizing its ability to perform. I also love that it didn't have page shutter or lag when strolling up or down and no frame rate drop either.

Side Note:

I was shocked to find out that you cannot watch your VUDU/Ultraviolet library in HDX on tablets or pads. Why are titles from UV Digital Copies only available in SD on HD tablets or pads? If I knew this from the beginning I would have went exclusively with iTunes Digital Copies. Providing HD viewing on all outlets should be in every Digital Streaming/Downloading companies Mission Statement.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make an educated decision and I will return the favor by trying to do the same for others on this thread as well. :thumbs:

Glad you got it all sorted. You will love the iPad. I dont know anyone that doesn't. Two tablets I never hear anyone disappointed with is the iPad & Nexus 10.

I currently own an IPad 2 which I won in a competition in the Philippines. I have also been given a Nexus 7/10 (not sure of which model) when I signed up to Virgin Media Broadband. Was just planning to sell it, however if it is the 7 I will keep it as I quite like the idea of a smaller tablet.

***Edit*** it's apparently the Nexus 7 Brown 32GB wifi

Last edited:
This was interesting. My laptop is getting old now and I'd been thinking about a tablet. As I detest 'bitten fruit' products and anything to do with itunes I'm going to wait for the next incarnation of the Nexus 10.

I have an iPad 3 provided from work, I paired it with this for added awesomeness and usefulness (I can vpn into work and do stuff on servers without getting my laptop out)

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggkeys-ipad-profolio-plus-keyboard-case/7063

I have my iTunes movies on there, and my UV collection.

I have some games for the kids on there and Words for me :)

That being said, if I were spending my own money, I would get a Nexus or the latest Samsung.

While there is certainly a lot more "junk" on the Android store, any savvy user can avoid it and find what they need. Plus you can add more storage with SD, and NO iTunes. I really hate iTunes and I have a iPad and an iPhone.

I have a HUDL and Ipad and much prefer the HUDL for a lot of things plus I dont need Itunes with the HUDL something I have always struggled with to be honest

Ron

Having recently picked up a Sony android tablet at a charity auction I'm wondering exactly what the point is. I can't do anything useful with it. My windows xp netbook does everything this tablet does, and so much more. As I literally don't see the point of watching HD content on a 10 inch screen I'd much rather have something with drag and drop, copy and paste, and printing...