UK
Purchase: Amazon
Release:
November 9th, 2015
Price: £34.00

steel.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
That one does look good. It makes a change for one of the better artworks to win! I don't think I will buy though as its a little pricey yet.

Reactions: Flash
this looks great. amazing show and the producers obviously have their heads screwed on (unlike others who have recently done other steelbook design comps) and chose the best artwork. i will be buying this for sure as i love the artwork!

Reactions: Flash
Really happy to see one of the most popular choices won!

I would of preferred V5 myself, but I do like this version quite a lot too, it was my second choice.

Where did that back art come from? I think it suits the steel perfectly!

Will be placing my order for this now I think. £34.00 is a tiny bit on the high side, but not too bad considering it's a first release of the show on Blu Ray. I mean if you look at walking dead, game of thrones etc etc, when they first get released they are usually around the same price or even higher, and that's without the steel treatment to boot!

A good art choice for once![emoji106]

Oh yeah, hoping for a high gloss finish with debossing treatment. The eyes on the back could be debossed too!

Reactions: luke98
Of the ones I saw, this was the best. The system is proved to work (1 in 20 maybe).

Glad I pre-ordered this now, fits the show really well and not hideous like the BB steelbooks are (bonus).

Excellent.

Wow they must have made a mistake they picked an amazing winner, love this artwork.

In comparison to the hella ugly american pyscho artwork competition

Shame about the price though :(

Just had a thought come to mind,

In the video they said they didn't even think of mentioning back artwork and inside artwork but happy people still did and obviously using the whole art that the winner submitted.
But it has no title on the spine, so I really hope they notice that and add a title on the spine.
Be annoying if it's just a blank grey spine

Hello! I was lurking this thread (after finding one of your member's responses on Twitter) and just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely feedback/support! It's a great honour to win such a contest run by some of the most prestigious producers in television history.

First of all, yes, I am aware of the spine issue. I wanted to add some colour + text but ran out of time. I've tweeted the BCS guys and Sony asking if they could add a title before production (I hope they do!). Secondly, the back cover design is based from this promo pic: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...a-ccac-8950-fcdb8d06b7be_Jimmy_Car_Mirror.jpg but from Jimmy's POV (I can't draw wing mirrors very well but you get the idea). I didn't think it resembled anything F1 based until some of you mentioned it! lol

Peter was holding the inside cover design upside down; my signature's on it so I hope they correct this. I agree with it the price tag being a bit steep...friends and family have been 'pestering' me for a copy when it comes out so would be nice to get some kind of special discount!

Thanks again! :D :kiss:

Hello! I was lurking this thread (after finding one of your member's responses on Twitter) and just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely feedback/support! It's a great honour to win such a contest run by some of the most prestigious producers in television history.

First of all, yes, I am aware of the spine issue. I wanted to add some colour + text but ran out of time. I've tweeted the BCS guys and Sony asking if they could add a title before production (I hope they do!). Secondly, the back cover design is based from this promo pic: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...a-ccac-8950-fcdb8d06b7be_Jimmy_Car_Mirror.jpg but from Jimmy's POV (I can't draw wing mirrors very well but you get the idea). I didn't think it resembled anything F1 based until some of you mentioned it! lol

Peter was holding the inside cover design upside down; my signature's on it so I hope they correct this. I agree with it the price tag being a bit steep...friends and family have been 'pestering' me for a copy when it comes out so would be nice to get some kind of special discount!

First off Congratulations and welcome to HDN.

I think your art was by far the best entry (still some other good entries) but I absolutely love it. Imo and probably quite a lot of others on here that this is the first steelbook design competition to actually work and decent art getting picked.
I personally don't think it looks F1 but get why it might to some and I'm really happy you have tweeted them about a spine title and I hope they add one before its too late.

I really want to pre order this but November is a heavy month so far and £34 is a bit much but hopefully after Christmas I will get a copy.

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned sending you a copy. Have they not said you get at least 1 free copy?

Again well done

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Welcome to the forum @lazylee and congrats on winning the competition! I hope they give you a copy for free, I think you deserve it! Enjoy the forum and if you have any questions just shoot me or one of the other mods a PM.:)

congrats on winning!