Big Fish (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6pm UK time on Saturday November 12)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

11366037-3654435603162524 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as the Italian one, which is great news! :D

@Flloydo

Excellent news. Getting sick of these catalogue titles at £15.99 though especially when most drop in price

Was hoping the Uk would get it but I might go for the Italian version when it drops and it's bound to drop.

Plus December is a bit busy for me now with pre orders and other bits. Not to mention about 10 premium editons I'm waiting on to go live. A few blu fans, manta and Zeta. Pricey

Also this has to be gloss. Matte will ruin those beautiful colours

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
wish zavvi would release these at 11.99 or something. I willl always go for the italian versions since they are 3-5 cheaper. I would normally say this will go to the 9.99 or under bin but with the 1000 print limit i doubt it will last that long

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Looks good :woot:

This and sleepy hollow are burtons only decent films since 1999!!!
By that I mean his best work since then

Had a few watchable ones since but not amazing like those 2 (alice, Charlie and corpse bride)

I haven't seen big eyes but i hear good things

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Love me some wraparound artwork :thumbs:
But . . . worrying development . . . this limiting more and more catalogue title steelbooks to 1,000 to justify continued high prices and got to hand it to the smart operators at Zavvi - these old titles, long available in the U.K. on Blu-ray, should be priced @GBP 11 at best not GBP 16 and limiting them only serves to encourage re-sellers leading to a quicker sell out than the steelbook deserves and lessens the chances of true collectors picking them up at sensible prices further down the line and for me at least that's a not a good thing.
Keep proper limited editions - up to 1,000 - for the premium steelbook brigade as they deserve something rare taking into consideration just how much those things are costing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
That's one way of looking at it.
Personally I like artwork that flows across the spine from front to back even when the back is almost a mirror image of the front (symmetry and all that jazz) and at least the sky appears to be different and as you mentioned no tree/title on the back . . .

There's also the rarity value with fewer than 20 out of 900 approx. U.K. steelbooks the last time I checked with wraparound artwork.

Except its poorly done in my opinion.
They just flipped the front image and removed the BIG FISH text / tree. Even the spine is just a cut out section from the front.

11366037-1154435603234188-jpg.275364

Oh Shiz! Never noticed that. Well that's annoying now!

Still looks lovely but yeah that is annoying

I'd rather not another pic of Ewan walking and just had that as the flat background carrying on and no path

Hoping the finish is good and not matte or zero varnish or satin finsh.

Debossed big fish title might work too.

Reactions: kaw