Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 26th , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday February 3, 2018 at 18.00 (6PM) UK time)
Price: £17.99

11668594-2104549081051458.jpg

11668594-1494549080967737 (1).jpg 11668594-1734549080918477.jpg 11668594-7544548893701725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The original edition is one of the best Steelbooks ever released in my opinion. This is a cheap and cheerful alternative, which I’m sure will please those who missed out on the first one but in truth is nowhere near the same quality.

The original edition is one of the best Steelbooks ever released in my opinion. This is a cheap and cheerful alternative, which I’m sure will please those who missed out on the first one but in truth is nowhere near the same quality.

...in your opinion. Art is always subjective

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror

in truth its exactly the same quality steelbookwise ;P but i agree, the artwork on the original release is better.. at least to me

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I like both designs - the latest is good with me as it pushes the CBSFox/ VHS nostalgia button. As we are here I have to say this - take a close look at the face, head and neck of Kurt Russel on the Struzan. Its a fantastic likeness but everytime I look closely the face seems just seems a little out of proprotion like its been stuck on someone elses neck and head.. isn't it a little too high/small ?

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
As we are here I have to say this - take a close look at the face, head and neck of Kurt Russel on the Struzan. Its a fantastic likeness but everytime I look closely the face seems just seems a little out of proprotion like its been stuck on someone elses neck and head.. isn't it a little too high/small ?

I dunno . . . looks OK to me:-

upload_2018-2-27_14-21-51.png
upload_2018-2-27_14-12-9.png
upload_2018-2-27_14-17-9.png

Still not convinced - despite these pics courtesy kano5741 - by the amount of black on this steelbook, the triple title (OK, not unusual for Arrow or even Eureka to do this), the smaller than ideal artwork which is a direct result of the position of the title above instead of to the left side of Lo Pan's head.

From what I can see in these not great pics the finish looks good quality with none of the *streaks that are sometimes associated with steelbooks in this particular finish.
DXNvHfjVMAA8oqg.jpg:large

DXNvGsWVMAAsJ4w.jpg:large

*No idea why some matte steelbooks are streaked like crazy and others just perfect . . .
Just from today:-
BIG TROUBLE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AMERICAN ASSASSIN (Germany)
upload_2018-3-1_20-16-0.png
/
upload_2018-3-1_20-11-5.png

DISC / DISC ARTWORK: Looks to be the same disc and booklet as inside the Struzan steelie . . . this time, however, it at least matches the exterior artwork of the steelbook which is a plus:-
DXNvFoRUQAAOLgi.jpg:large

upload_2018-3-1_19-44-43.png

you have got it spot on its so dull in hand i will be getting rid of it the standard blu ray edition is nicer much more bright and colourful.

Sold out sometime last year
I can't remember exactly when but was a few months ago at least

It was still in the sale a few weeks ago. Wasn’t months.

Still need to pick it up and it will be back I guarantee

It was still in the sale a few weeks ago. Wasn’t months.

Still need to pick it up and it will be back I guarantee
It was sold out last year at one stage and obviously came back in stock if it was in the sale a few weeks ago this is not unusual for zavvi :rofl:

What was the price in the sale