Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 26th , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday February 3, 2018 at 18.00 (6PM) UK time)
Price: £17.99

11668594-2104549081051458.jpg

11668594-1494549080967737 (1).jpg 11668594-1734549080918477.jpg 11668594-7544548893701725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this is the version that starred David Hasselhoff?:rofl:
Was thinking a bit of David Keith too . . .
upload_2018-1-27_10-34-13.png
upload_2018-1-27_12-46-23.png

We all know what artistic licence can lead to . . .
Marie-Therese Walter .................................................. 1937 portrait courtesy Picasso
upload_2018-1-27_12-51-31.png
upload_2018-1-27_12-53-39.png

My last word on the Kurt Russell poster likeness debate can best be summed up by these poster images from as far away as Africa . . .
Forget the UK poster for a minute - with its so-so likeness of KR - and wallow in these from further afield to see how poor ol' Kurt has been portrayed . . .

Courtesy Zoran Jovanovic (1986 French poster)
upload_2018-1-28_22-6-44.png
upload_2018-1-28_22-15-30.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . . or these from Ghana (no, don't know artist/s) - but obviously for domestic consumption only.
As the blurb goes,
"In the 80s, Ghanaian mobile cinemas showed movies in villages that didn’t have electricity. This form of entertainment—typically a truck equipped with power generators, TVs, and a library of movies—was an instant success, spawning competing companies. One way to get villagers lining up at your truck was to advertise with outrageous, colorful, hand-painted posters".
upload_2018-1-28_22-35-38.png
upload_2018-1-28_22-38-5.png
upload_2018-1-28_22-39-19.png
upload_2018-1-28_22-50-28.png

Last edited:
Not sure this is really needed, especially as it's nowhere near as good as the previous release.
It's a release that will sell very well and I expect will also sell out as there are lot more steelbook collectors now than who purchased the previous release
Lot of the steelbook collectors who was purchasing steelbooks back in 2013 even missed out on getting the Arrow Video 2013 steelbook release as it sold out very fast

I'm actually surprised this is not a trade wide release

John Carpenter Films = lot of purchases be it an Amaray or a Steelbook

As a big fan of John Carpenter films I will be getting this even though I already have the previous 2013 Arrow Video Steelbook
I'm getting this new arrow video steelbook because it's using the original UK poster artwork from 1986

Yeah I guess, but with that logic every steelbook that sells out should get a re-release, which kinda cheapens the hobby. It just seems to me that there are far better candidates for a steelbook release, including plenty that don't even have one release yet.

Totally agree with you mate :coffee:

Even if Zavvi released Vampires or Ghosts Of Mars instead.

Although these are two of Carpenters weaker movies I'd probably still get them in steelbook form for my collection.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
Totally agree with you mate :coffee:

Even if Zavvi released Vampires or Ghosts Of Mars instead.

Although these are two of Carpenters weaker movies I'd probably still get them in steelbook form for my collection.
UK distribution rights for Vampires and Ghosts Of Mars is with powerhouse films and they have released these as limited edition amarays with booklets it would be very unlikely they will get involved with steelbooks fow now as they will be releasing these as standard amaray editions without booklets after they have sold out the limited editions

Your best hope for steelbooks releases would be from a distributor in another country like Germany or South Korea

Last edited:
It's a release that will sell very well and I expect will also sell out as there are lot more steelbook collectors now than who purchased the previous release
Lot of the steelbook collectors who was purchasing steelbooks back in 2013 even missed out on getting the Arrow Video 2013 steelbook release as it sold out very fast

I'm actually surprised this is not a trade wide release

John Carpenter Films = lot of purchases be it an Amaray or a Steelbook

As a big fan of John Carpenter films I will be getting this even though I already have the previous 2013 Arrow Video Steelbook
I'm getting this new arrow video steelbook because it's using the original UK poster artwork from 1986

Oh yeah I'm not disputing the talents of John Carpenter, it's just that anyone that calls themself a big fan of this particular film would a) already have snapped up the first release at the time or b) would be better off getting hold of the superior first version even if they're new to steelbook collecting. Of course there are a few like yourself that like to buy multiple editions, but I still think this may end up at £5.99.

Oh yeah I'm not disputing the talents of John Carpenter, it's just that anyone that calls themself a big fan of this particular film would a) already have snapped up the first release at the time or b) would be better off getting hold of the superior first version even if they're new to steelbook collecting. Of course there are a few like yourself that like to buy multiple editions, but I still think this may end up at £5.99.
Really can't see this release dropping to £5.99 if anything it will probably sell out as this is quite a popular film imo :angel:

Guessing the price will be the same as HELLRAISER, SOCIETY, DRILLER KILLER, THE BURNING and most other Arrow steelbooks (£17.99).
If I remember correctly the original BIG TROUBLE... was also £17.99 at pre-order.

Hoping it will not be the same price as THE THING (£19.99)

. . . and I'd be pleasantly surprised/over the moon if it was priced @ £15.99 :watch:

I for one am extremely pleased they are releasing this, one of my fave fliks, and since they have elected to change the artwork, those who covet the uniqueness of the first release are not overly impacted.
I quite appreciate this artwork as has been mentioned, it was one of the initial drafts. The stark black background (on back) is quite supportive of the design and getting Lo Pan in the (front) design is a stoke of brilliance. :D