Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wreck thank you for the update. This is awesome news bud and really appreciate all the work that yourself and other HDN staff do behind the scenes to keep the cogs spinning at full capacity. In HDN we trust to give us members a smooth ‘n’ fair GB experience wether we are just starting our journey or trekked many miles in the wonderful world of steelbook collecting at HDN :thumbs: I was never to fazed about the raffle and if it came to be so be it but knew deep down the mighty $ and overwhelming demand for Black Panther would prevail in the end and applaud the effort that you may or may not have in that decision ;) Being only a noob to this site it was enlightening to read the many previous pages about the raffle and can totally understand both sides. It must have been a tough call deciding wether to do a raffle or fastest finger for a very LE Blufans Premium release :ohno: but come the end of the day it’s HDN site with their rules plus guidelines which I totally respect :thumbs: Can’t wait for the Black Panther GB to go live as there should be enough numbers now for everyone to get their cut of what they desire :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
You can’t really require that. A person can do whatever he / she wants to do with it.
I think when the time is there you will see lots of pre-orders selling on eBay, like Thor: Ragnarok right now.

And to be honest, if it’s that difficult to get a copy, I might as well try my luck on eBay (if not picked in the raffle).....yes, you pay a high price for it, but this is what Blufans wants, right? Otherwise they make more of them.

So when not picked in the raffle, I really hope people will put them on eBay.
I’d really like to own a copy.

If you get a copy and sell, this means that you are not interested as a collector. Or that you have obtained another copy in another forum, and you want to have another copy to do business and so in this way you remove the possibility of obtaining a copy from a person who wants that copy as a collector. I do not agree with you either.

I want a copy as a collector, and a person who will enjoy it.

I accept that you take your copy and you sell it, but the situation of the raffle is a special situation.

If you get a copy and sell, this means that you are not interested as a collector. Or that you have obtained another copy in another forum, and you want to have another copy to do business and so in this way you remove the possibility of obtaining a copy from a person who wants that copy as a collector. I do not agree with you either.

I accept that you take your copy and you sell it, but the situation of the raffle is a special situation.
That’s your opinion yes. In some cases you could be right.
But I think you can’t forbid people from selling it. Once bought it’s theirs.
If they want to do a “smash my XBox” ritual with it no one can’t stop them from doing it. Whether I like it or not.

That's not entirely true.

I'm currently in several GBs, which took place some weeks ago. But then, this week it turned out that I have to pay some unexpected bills.
Before I cause any troubles to the GB hosts or violate the GB rules, I might have to sell some of them afterwards.
It hurts, but I don't have a choice.

But I'm still a collector, no way a scalper ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Genla and DMD4k
That's not entirely true.

I'm currently in several GBs, which took place some weeks ago. But then, this week it turned out that I have to pay some unexpected bills.
Before I cause any troubles to the GB hosts or violate the GB rules, I might have to sell some of them afterwards.
It hurts, but I don't have a choice.

But I'm still a collector, no way a scalper ;)

giphy.gif

Easy pass for me, didn't like at all this movie.

Reactions: yy0925
Easy pass for me, didn't like at all this movie.
I often think, do most people collect Marvel blufans cos they're marvel blufans, or cos they love the movie. I personally would rate this movie about a 6/10. Liked the idea but too many cliches but I need to have this to complete my collection. By far the weakest Marvel, along with the 2nd Iron Man IMO.

I agree that having a copy to simply sell on straight away shows no interest in collecting and purely for profit for your own pocket. That being said, as much as against it I am myself I also know there's very little (if anything) any of us can do about it. On the back of that, some genuinely want a collection and want to scalp too.

My issue isn't so much that 'straight scalp' of buying up copies to sell on... it's more to do with people pretending they don't do it when they do for fear of being banned from forums or groups etc, so they stay quiet and skulk about sniffing out their copies here and there. Can't stop that either. Scalping isn't illegal and it's only immoral to those who oppose it, and sadly will continue. On a personal level I don't care that it happens as long as I obtain my own copy for me to enjoy through fair means and I don't see any BS from anybody doing it. Anything I do sell on (which has been VERY limited and to only specific people) has been items sat around for a few years, mainly opened/sealed zavvi steels at cost or less for me to claw back some money to put towards these nicer releases. The people I have sold to can vouch for that too. I'm looking out for me and only me unless I can do somebody a fair favour, because that mindset of buying an Avengers Ultron Nova set for £400 is silly to me personally, but it's not being 'ripped off' if you are prepared to pay that much for it. I don't blame scalpers for doing what they do but I don't think it's right to hop into a group buy and take away copies to sell on that others may genuinely want in their collections. Unfortunately it cannot be proven or stopped but you know what my biggest peeve of it is? When people sell on at over the odds but won't drop their pricing because they say "this is what I paid for it... no can do i'm afraid"... well, if they wanted it that badly in the first place to pay over the odds themselves then why are they selling on again straight away? You just know they obtained it via scalping and are looking to profit, but there we go. It's something that will go on forever. I think just be happy you get a copy as I'm always grateful to get the editions I want/need here.

Opinions will always differ and I know myself what I see from my own experiences over the years, which is why I stick to coming here and collecting to enjoy. The releases that have passed me by are not unaffordable at all, it just may take longer to save the money to buy one but in the meantime while they are all out there floating around in scalping world here I am buying up the new release at the price I want to pay, and when those sell out at least I have comfort in knowing I already have mine. Releases will only get better as time goes on and everything else always drops in price eventually, however long it takes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Josebus
I’m typical a-team Voice “I love it when a plan comes together”

I will be closing raffles today. Likely will not have to use them as qty is now getting increased and we should be seeing a damn good amount.

If I need to use them barring some mishap they will be used for that

However if I don’t need to use them They will still be used for some giveaways!!! This way you all get to see how the process works etc and maybe it’s something we will use in future if really limited stuff etc.

@digitalbabe @apsmith21 @cooey

Awesome AWESOME news, made my day :thumbs: