Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I selected my copy weeks ago but I'm French and I'm not sure I understood how it works. Cooey is gonna sent a message?

Not from my GB you haven't. Perhaps you're getting confused to which group buy you are looking for? My group buys have only been live this week (the complete package was made live last week)

Not from my GB you haven't. Perhaps you're getting confused to which group buy you are looking for? My group buys have only been live this week (the complete package was made live last week)
Wasn't there a list or something we had to register in (for Black Panther because the quantities were limited)?

Reactions: cooey
your never goona stop that just be funny if they did get lumbered:hilarious:

one thing i have noticed and not here i might add there is one gb on a site where some of the the people have got the way more than one edition
examples without names
Oneclick + Double Lenti x2 + Lenti + Fullslip + 1/4
Oneclick + Double Lenticular + Lenticular + FullSlip + 1/4
Oneclick + Double Lenticular + Lenticular + Fullslip + 1/4
Oneclick + Double Lenticular + Lenticular + FullSlip + 1/4

now your not telling me there not heading to the bay that imho is just dam wrong its no wonder why blufans are becoming harder to get all the time when this is happening on that sort of scale and that is just a few, there are loads more like that sort of screws up collecting for the majority.

all im grateful is i got my dl and well happy with that tbh :thumbs:

basil :thumbs:

If people buy the OC(with or without the 1/4 slip) then it should be strictly ONE single copy of either individual version. Not another one of each version on top (IMHO)
Then again, with the numbers seemingly available, it’s not appearing to be an issue on this release.

Yeah I don't want to dwell on this but no, I wouldn't be buzzing, but I understand its part of what makes collecting worth while.
I like my copy of Doctor Strange more, knowing that it's sought after. The sheer anxiety before those group buys made the whole experience a lot of fun in my opinion.
You win some, you lose some.
It’s nice to know I have some steels that are worth more or are still in demand(bit of, I have what you want, ner ner childishness I guess. Lol) BUT I have some prized steels that I believe can be bought for cost or below cost price now : Kimchi’s Good Dinosaur I think, lost value quite quick, Inside out I believe can still be bought direct. There are a few others, in fact, probably 70% of my collect lost value (Or half he premiums) but unless I double dip(for example I’m likley going to ebay my Nova Civil War in place of the preordered Weet version) I will not be letting go of any premiums.
This, as with the small few other One Clicks,,are the exceptions -can’t spilt a set. Did it once and regret it now,
Actually it most always does. Unless the demand is high enough.
Really? Is that why people don't like scalpers? Because they depreciate the value of the releases?
Not personally. I hate when they stop me getting an order in for what I want due to greedily buying them all.
But for some, it’s value.
Part of collecting is always value. Obtaining that whichever has value, whether monitory or otherwise.

• Thanks
Reactions: Modulus and Basil
quite surprised atm there are the numbers left at the moment on this gb, maybe not as popular film as first thought.

suppose they may allow second copies in the near future to shift them all and keep blufans happy at the same time.
after all we don't need numbers cut down on future releases and make it worse when more popular films come along, it could end up causing right pain in the arse for us all in the long run.

Hi folks. I'm new to these forums. I've managed to secure a DL of this and ive made payment. Is there anything else i should be doing? Do i just wait now? Thanks.
Welcome, congrats on your first purchase. Now just wait until cooey sends the tracking numbers in a few weeks time.

quite surprised atm there are the numbers left at the moment on this gb, maybe not as popular film as first thought.
What??? Not as popular? Why? Where did all those people go? They didn't go anywhere, a lot of them have been sold, add them up and see.
It seems as if you're worried this hasn't sold out yet. Why? Aren't you just interested in getting a copy or two?
Are you saying the market is going to need "scalpers" with more than 1 copy per edition to have this sell out?

Reactions: Radagast
What??? Not as popular? Why? Where did all those people go? They didn't go anywhere, a lot of them have been sold, add them up and see.
It seems as if you're worried this hasn't sold out yet. Why? Aren't you just interested in getting a copy or two?
Are you saying the market is going to need "scalpers" with more than 1 copy per edition to have this sell out?

right lets start at the begining shall we.

normally blufans sold out within hours if lucky, not days normally.

i know wreck went and asked blufans to up the print run they did, added think around 1500 odd to the print run if memory serves.
i have bought my 1 dl the only one ill be buying i might add so not looking for a second copy either, i dont do that and neither have that money to spare its bad enough paying for one.

some people collect one for sealed for there shelf and 1 to watch there are some who collect on that basis only and not to scalp, i find it a very strange concept myself but some people are way ocd than me.

point being this
'if these all fail to sell swifty blufans may not ever raise a run on the basis of yes we have high demand here again'
have you thought of that?
it could cause hdn a kick in the teeth and all of us

so the easy soloution after say after a while, offer people to buy a second copy of the same if they would like.
and not be stuck with aload over.

currently
1/4 20 left
fs 23 left
dl 11 left
oc 13 left

i have seen how many have sold btw and i am aware how blufans run here at hdn as well for last few years.

basically its called damage limitation, would you want the next blufans gbs numbers cut down and then you could not get one.
i for one would not, its not rocket science. personally just think all sold happy us . happy blufans.

i think was one of the star wars hanged around for an age they then cut the numbers down and then a couple after was doc strange and that was the biggest bloodbath i can remember and there where many people that could not get one.

so its all after looking after the numbers and us here. all of us.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I'll start off by saying I think HDN and cooey in particular have done a fantastic job getting an allocation that will cover the needs of HDN's users. That's their job and they have done it well IMO.

right lets start at the begining shall we.

normally blufans sold out within hours if lucky, not days normally.
As you know I'm a noob but I can't remember any other Blufans since I've been on, apart from Beauty and the Beast, that didn't sell out in minutes.
i know wreck went and asked blufans to up the print run they did, added think around 1500 odd to the print run if memory serves.
I don't know if it was Wreck or if it was only Wreck who asked for this, maybe other forum admins did too. It doesn't really matter. Blufans are the final authority as to what their print run should be, it's their responsibility. Going from a 2500 print run to a 4000 print run is a massive 60% increase. That's not going to work unless there's at least 60% more demand. Clearly someone was overly optimistic.
i have bought my 1 dl the only one ill be buying i might add so not looking for a second copy either, i dont do that and neither have that money to spare its bad enough paying for one.

some people collect one for sealed for there shelf and 1 to watch there are some who collect on that basis only and not to scalp, i find it a very strange concept myself but some people are way ocd than me.

point being this
'if these all fail to sell swifty blufans may not ever raise a run on the basis of yes we have high demand here again'
Well, that's exactly what should happen. Someone at Blufans had a knee-jerk reaction and decided to increase production 60%. Blufans do a GREAT job with their print runs normally, just look at them, they're generally highly sought after and keep the market alive. I'd go as far as saying they're the best at balancing supply and demand out of all premium retailers. Not this time though. What changed? They probably felt the pressure to increase production run to satisfy clients and in doing so went overboard. Was there more demand than for 2500? Probably. 60% more? Probably not.
have you thought of that?
I have. I would have gotten a copy of BP regardless of print run, I am that determined if I want it bad enough I'll find a way. I might end up paying more, but I'll get one.
it could cause hdn a kick in the teeth and all of us
I see what you're saying. Well maybe, but I don't think so... Ultimately I think it's their own fault for not wanting to seem like they don't listen to their customer base. Too politically correct if you ask me.
so the easy soloution after say after a while, offer people to buy a second copy of the same if they would like.
and not be stuck with aload over.

currently
1/4 20 left
fs 23 left
dl 11 left
oc 13 left

i have seen how many have sold btw and i am aware how blufans run here at hdn as well for last few years.
I understand why you said it, and that's fine, I have nothing against buying more than one copy for those that want to.
basically its called damage limitation, would you want the next blufans gbs numbers cut down and then you could not get one.
i for one would not, its not rocket science. personally just think all sold happy us . happy blufans.
Indeed, it's not positive if it doesn't end up selling out. It's just a hiccup, a bump in the road, I'm sure they'll be back to their regular routine after this test.
i think was one of the star wars hanged around for an age they then cut the numbers down and then a couple after was doc strange and that was the biggest bloodbath i can remember and there where many people that could not get one.

so its all after looking after the numbers and us here. all of us.

Bloodbaths are good for the brand, they generate more demand. They're not good for those that miss out initially but that's another matter.

The above is just my point of view, it's not gospel, you probably disagree with a lot or all of it, which is fine, but you're paying attention to the numbers as much as anyone, so you know something has been off with this one.