Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start off by saying I think HDN and cooey in particular have done a fantastic job getting an allocation that will cover the needs of HDN's users. That's their job and they have done it well IMO.

As you know I'm a noob but I can't remember any other Blufans since I've been on, apart from Beauty and the Beast, that didn't sell out in minutes.
I don't know if it was Wreck or if it was only Wreck who asked for this, maybe other forum admins did too. It doesn't really matter. Blufans are the final authority as to what their print run should be, it's their responsibility. Going from a 2500 print run to a 4000 print run is a massive 60% increase. That's not going to work unless there's at least 60% more demand. Clearly someone was overly optimistic.
Well, that's exactly what should happen. Someone at Blufans had a knee-jerk reaction and decided to increase production 60%. Blufans do a GREAT job with their print runs normally, just look at them, they're generally highly sought after and keep the market alive. I'd go as far as saying they're the best at balancing supply and demand out of all premium retailers. Not this time though. What changed? They probably felt the pressure to increase production run to satisfy clients and in doing so went overboard. Was there more demand than for 2500? Probably. 60% more? Probably not.
I have. I would have gotten a copy of BP regardless of print run, I am that determined if I want it bad enough I'll find a way. I might end up paying more, but I'll get one.
I see what you're saying. Well maybe, but I don't think so... Ultimately I think it's their own fault for not wanting to seem like they don't listen to their customer base. Too politically correct if you ask me.
I understand why you said it, and that's fine, I have nothing against buying more than one copy for those that want to.
Indeed, it's not positive if it doesn't end up selling out. It's just a hiccup, a bump in the road, I'm sure they'll be back to their regular routine after this test.
Bloodbaths are good for the brand, they generate more demand. They're not good for those that miss out initially but that's another matter.

The above is just my point of view, it's not gospel, you probably disagree with a lot or all of it, which is fine, but you're paying attention to the numbers as much as anyone, so you know something has been off with this one.

right without trying to derail this thread much more.
cooey and wreck have been outstanding as normal :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

be my last bit to say, i get what your saying and a fair amount i agree with some of it but with but usually a 4000 print run is normally gone and is i would have to say the considered norm and also this being a marvel film i would have expected this to be gone alot faster.

maybe people on this occasion didn't think this particular film/art was upto there cup of tea etc.
but alot of people also can not afford the secondary market and do not have the money to throw at it like maybe you do.

i was considering the bigger picture overall for all members and thinking this could hurt us here on future numbers, yes it is blufans decision to up the numbers as you said but also will be there deision to make sure they dont get burned either in the future and that imho will make gbs harder in future.

especially with all the newbies we have had in the last year or so getting into blufans(no disrespect to newbies either) but i do wander how many people that joined the sign up thread to dl was 170 posts and oc sign up thread 101 posts actually did but i bet you further down the line they will all want another blufans at least some of them.

dl actual sold was 92
oc actual sold was 26
oc complete sold was 64
so both oc gbs sold was 90

rest of numbers
1/4 actual sold was 15
fs actual sold was 22
sl actual sold was 45

so for me these numbers sold was lowish, the dl and the oc so much prob about normal numbers but as to what people said 'they would have',
quite a difference.
just goes to show talk is cheap.

anyway thats my bit hope you can see what im getting at:thumbs:

all the best
basil :thumbs:

Reactions: DMD4k
right without trying to derail this thread much more.
cooey and wreck have been outstanding as normal :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

be my last bit to say, i get what your saying and a fair amount i agree with some of it but with but usually a 4000 print run is normally gone and is i would have to say the considered norm and also this being a marvel film i would have expected this to be gone alot faster.

maybe people on this occasion didn't think this particular film/art was upto there cup of tea etc.
but alot of people also can not afford the secondary market and do not have the money to throw at it like maybe you do.

i was considering the bigger picture overall for all members and thinking this could hurt us here on future numbers, yes it is blufans decision to up the numbers as you said but also will be there deision to make sure they dont get burned either in the future and that imho will make gbs harder in future.

especially with all the newbies we have had in the last year or so getting into blufans(no disrespect to newbies either) but i do wander how many people that joined the sign up thread to dl was 170 posts and oc sign up thread 101 posts actually did but i bet you further down the line they will all want another blufans at least some of them.

dl actual sold was 92
oc actual sold was 26
oc complete sold was 64
so both oc gbs sold was 90

rest of numbers
1/4 actual sold was 15
fs actual sold was 22
sl actual sold was 45

so for me these numbers sold was lowish, the dl and the oc so much prob about normal numbers but as to what people said 'they would have',
quite a difference.
just goes to show talk is cheap.

anyway thats my bit hope you can see what im getting at:thumbs:

all the best
basil :thumbs:
You bring up some good points Basil :thumbs::thumbs:
I just want to say one last thing, and that there's nothing wrong with saving up for something you want, even if it takes 6 months or more to get what you want on ebay or in our own trade section here.

I just want to say one last thing, and that there's nothing wrong with saving up for something you want, even if it takes 6 months or more to get what you want on ebay or in our own trade section here.
Hmmm
Pay cost price at preorder time and get it on release day because of high print run
Or
Pay inflated price six months later because of limited print run

I know which one I would prefer

I’m literally doing that atm for the infinity war one click. Been putting £20 to the side each month ready for it lol

I only have 2 one clicks so I don’t do it often and can no way afford it all in one month on top of other pre orders or premiums.
And If I don’t like the art on the slips then I’ve saved some money for somthing else lol

• Thanks
Obviously @StifflersDad. I didn't intend that for this particular release, just in general. It didn't sell out in 5 min. so whoever wanted a copy for GB price got a copy.
I'll open another can of worms, when did demand decrease? (Or did it?) Did it have anything to do with the greater print run? :naughty: I'll back away slowly now.

I’m literally doing that atm for the infinity war one click. Been putting £20 to the side each month ready for it lol

I only have 2 one clicks so I don’t do it often and can no way afford it all in one month on top of other pre orders or premiums.
And If I don’t like the art on the slips then I’ve saved some money for somthing else lol
Well done, I think it's a smart way to go about it. Most of the time we know in advance the titles the premium retailers are working on so we actually do have time to save up a little for them ahead of time.
I guess you managed to get your copy yesterday?

Reactions: Flloydo
Well done, I think it's a smart way to go about it. Most of the time we know in advance the titles the premium retailers are working on so we actually do have time to save up a little for them ahead of time.
I guess you managed to get your copy yesterday?

I budget myself an amount each month for premiums and then other pre orders or vinyl etc (I collect a few things). If I didn’t do that then I’d spend crazy money and it would be too stupid. I need a life outside of collecting too. Some months I don’t spend that whole budget and it means I have money for other stuff or to roll over to the next month (for example could of done with that last month due to July being a bit more of a crazy month this year)

I try to budget myself to 3 premiums a month so i have to save a little in advance for a one click considering it’s pretty much the price of 3 premiums

Yeah all good yesterday. Nice and smooth and I can pay it next month now. Which is what I needed

• Thanks
If we just can escape having another Doctor Strange, I’m happy. I’m not too obsessed with the numbers and when this one comes I’m not going to think about it for a second that this didn’t sell out instantly. It’s more important to me that I’m able to get one at cost. What does matter though is how this affects Blufans. Hopefully they won’t lower future runs to a level where we get a new Strange based on this.

On the upside of this whole not selling out rubbish. At least if it arrives damaged then getting a replacement should be all good

Especially after the savage Thor delivery’s we’ve seen

Being new to this, does Blufans only do pre-orders through GB's and resellers? I don't find any mention of Black Panther on their site. Been scratching my head over it for a while now.

No direct sales from their website AFAIK. I don't think they ever have. It's not updated with any consistency. Not sure of the purpose of having it.
There was one release they sold direct on the Blufans store website it was Mondo X The Avengers Steelbook

They not sold anything else since then even though they have listed a lot of other releases

Reactions: monanza
i like both versions of the back so im definitely ok with the new one! I really loved Shuri's character

do think it wouldve been even cooler if the lenti changed between 4 characters or something