11691058-1704570097850384.jpg
11691059-6214570097285037.jpg
11691058-1104570097530437.jpg
11691058-1864570097392101.jpg
11691058-1504555325304639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: zesty
If disappointed by the artwork on this steelbook there's always the great deal on the Marvel art books + BLACK PANTHER T-shirt bundle to fall back on and ease the pain.
4 Marvel softback artbooks in slipcase THE ART OF MAVEL STUDIOS for a penny under 20 quid reduced from just under £108 (£87.99 discount) . . . each offer includes a T-shirt in one of four different designs (two different AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, one BLACK PANTHER and one INFINITY WARS).
First choose T-shirt size and the grey order bar will switch to green for "go". At checkout just type in MARVEL for the discount to be applied automatically.

For example:-
upload_2018-3-20_20-21-37.png

Quick music only overview unboxing

Don't know if the poster seen in this unboxing is included in the Zavvi package . . . and, yes, maybe not as cool as the long OOP and now expensive hardback edition but still stunning.

I saw that email from Zavvi as well and decided to get a bundle too. I only really want it for the Thor book since I already have the Cap one and don't care about Iron Man, but it's still cheaper to buy them all together like that than it would be to get Thor by itself. I did get the BP shirt though since I liked that design the best. And it looks like they're the hardcover versions as well I think, which is awesome.

Not hard cover, that's the reason why it's cheap
I thought that must be the reason it's so cheap as well, but in the description it says:
Includes Iron Man: The Art of Iron Man the Movie HC, Iron Man: The Art of Iron Man 2 HC, Thor: The Art of Thor the Movie HC and Captain America: The Art of Captain America - The First Avenger HC.

What does HC mean if not hardcover? It doesn't make a difference as to me buying it in the end if it did turn out to be the paperback versions though.

I thought that must be the reason it's so cheap as well, but in the description it says:
Includes Iron Man: The Art of Iron Man the Movie HC, Iron Man: The Art of Iron Man 2 HC, Thor: The Art of Thor the Movie HC and Captain America: The Art of Captain America - The First Avenger HC.

What does HC mean if not hardcover? It doesn't make a difference as to me buying it in the end if it did turn out to be the paperback versions though.

The 4 books are softcovers housed in a HC slipcase. I have the Hardcover versions which is better but this is the next best thing.

The 4 books are softcovers housed in a HC slipcase. I have the Hardcover versions which is better but this is the next best thing.
Seems weird for the listing to have "HC" after each of the individual titles, but again, it won't affect my purchase of it either way and I suppose that info could just be wrong. And like I said, I only really want the Thor one anyway but don't want to pay as much as what the hardcover goes for, so it's all good.

I saw this yesterday and chatted with their Customer Service. They told me the individual books were hardcover. I made that clarification that I wasn't talking about the outside box. Unless it was usual Zavvi tactics in getting the wrong information... He went away to check and came back and said yes the books were hardcover

The plot thickens.

Is there a thread for these books somewhere on the site? Did a search but wasn't 100% sure what sub forum it would be.

I saw this yesterday and chatted with their Customer Service. They told me the individual books were hardcover. I made that clarification that I wasn't talking about the outside box. Unless it was usual Zavvi tactics in getting the wrong information... He went away to check and came back and said yes the books were hardcover

Good to know they are indeed the HC editions.

Good to know they are indeed the HC editions.
Now I'm not confirming anything by any means :whistle:

Just saying that I asked for confirmation about what books were in the set, and the Zavvi rep checked on it and replied back that it was hardcover books.

Maybe @zavvi can help us out. Are the individual books in these sets hardcover or just the outer box?

Is this one of those slips that won't fit the books after they have been read through? I had several collections that were housed in HC slips and once I read them, they got "fatter" and wouldn't fit anymore :(

Whatever Zavvi say, it' normal the opposite :rofl:

Just got my shipping notice for the books and t-shirt, guess we'll fine out soon whether they are the HC editions or not....

Got my email as well. I freaked out a bit because I saw a charge from Zavvi on my credit card last night and thought it was the steelbook for TLJ which I meant to cancel since I bought it locally. But the amount seemed to match to this so that's pretty cool being that the release date wasn't meant to be for 10 more days or so. But mine'll probably take a fortnight to get here since I'm in NZ, so I'll have to hear from some Brits about whether it's hardcover or not.

Anyone got new info on this? Final artwork would be nice one of these days.