This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Black Panther - In theaters February 16, 2018

Discussion in 'Movies, Trailers, Cinema' started by kaw, Oct 28, 2014.

1. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,899
    Title: Black Panther (2018)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis and Martin Freeman

Plot: After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.
    [​IMG]

From IMDB

bpt.jpg

#1 kaw, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  2. Frshcoupe

Ratings:
    +147
    Yupp I just saw this not too long ago through the live blog of Marvels conference they're having. This is AMAZING news!!!

3. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +9,899
    Awesome concept art:
    bpath.jpg

- We will meet Black Panther in Captain America 3 in full costume
    - Boseman has signed a five film deal

chadwick-boseman-evans-downey-jr.jpg

#3 kaw, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Drum18

Super Moderator Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +24,485

6. stupidsuck

Ratings:
    +42
    Really dig that concept art. wonder if we'll see a cape too

7. denizen

denizen The Shadow Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Finally. Really excited about this one.

8. Wreck

Wreck That Guy
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +42,568
    Love the actor he's been killing it lately.

9. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +9,899
    Release Date Changed:
    Black Panther - 7/6/18 - Was 11/3/17

• Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  10. Basil

Basil The Helpful Fox
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,217
    was mooching about and found this story makes intresting reading

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/marvel-selma-director-ava-duvernay-for-black-panther-movie-26663/

here it is below not my words

[​IMG]
    Ava DuVernay made her voice heard with critically acclaimed civil rights drama Selma and now Marvel are hoping she’ll do the same with a big screen adaptation of the Black Panther or Captain Marvel – the studio’s first female-fronted superhero franchise.

The signs are all pointing toward Black Panther, which already has a release date penciled in for July, 2018. As the first black superhero of the Marvel Universe – both in print and on screen – T’Challa (his day-to-day alter-ego) is considered one of the eight most intelligent people on the planet. The leader of the fictional African nation of Wakanda, he must take charge of his father’s throne and avenge his death.
    [​IMG]
    Chadwick Boseman, who recently won huge acclaim of for his performance as James Brown in the 2014 biopic Get On Up, has been lined up play a younger Black Panther. Marvel’s first black superhero will be directed by Marvel’s first African American director, and first female director.

Although, The Wrap has also suggested her award-winning mastermind may fall with Captain Marvel. With an underlying dark past, Captain Marvel’s potential box-office pulling power is laced with possibilities. Despite the sometime US Air Force pilot’s history being blasted with trauma her unforgiving will to be a force for good is a story of courage, respect and power and is something we’d queue in line to see. However, Angelina Jolie is also being tipped for the job with reputable site claiming to have ‘inside knowledge” the film will be an all-female affair.
    [​IMG]
    Captain Marvel for 2018 release (Marvel)

Surprisingly, Marvel chose not to go with Scarlett Johnasson’s Black Widow for their first female-fronted movie – despite her familiarity to worldwide audiences with appearances in Iron Man, Avengers and Captain America.

Both films are part of Marvel’s plan to release nine movie in three years including: Captain America: Civil War, Benedict Cumberbatch’s debut as Doctor Strange, and a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.

---------------------------

anyway thats it folks
    basil :thumbs:

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727
    So only black people can make Black superhero movies, and only women can direct women lead movies?Way to go Marvel.

12. lolwut

Ratings:
    +2,786
    Sounds more like you have a problem with a black person directing a black superhero movie and a woman directing a woman-led movie.

13. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727
    Spoiler: I'm Black and i think it's stupid of them to try and force a Black director on to a movie just cause.The same goes for the female director .Pick the best fit and make a movie.Gender or Nationality should not be what they chose from.Less PC and more Good directors.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. lolwut

Ratings:
    +2,786
    Maybe they were the best fit. There are good female directors and good black directors.

15. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +9,899
    Release date changed:

• Helpful Post Helpful Post x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=126170

Anthony Mackie Doesn't See Why BLACK PANTHER Needs To Have A Black Director

“I don’t think it’s important at all. As a director your job is to tell a story. You know, they didn’t get a horse to direct ‘Seabiscuit!’ The thing is I don’t think the race of the director has to do with their ability to tell a story. I think it’s all about the director’s ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends. May the best man — or woman — win.”

[​IMG]

#16 dboy99, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +9,899
    "Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed Creed's Ryan Coogler, who had been in talks to direct Black Panther, will now officially direct."

Awesome news. Creed was great. I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  18. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Noodles

Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,754

A new era begins for the Black Panther! MacArthur Genius and National Book Award-winning writer Ta-Nehisi Coates (BETWEEN THE WORLD AND ME) and artist Brian Stelfreeze take the helm, confronting T'Challa with a dramatic upheaval in Wakanda that will make leading the African nation tougher than ever before.

When a superhuman terrorist group that calls itself The People sparks a violent uprising, the land famed for its incredible technology and proud warrior traditions will be thrown into turmoil. If Wakanda is to survive, it must adapt--but can its monarch, one in a long line of Black Panthers, survive the necessary change? Heavy lies the head that wears the cowl

20. dboy99

Ratings:
    +727
    I read the first new comic and wasn't really feeling it.