Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Blackhat
Price: EUR 17.99

1540-1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuzco
Loved the movie but when I see the last Universal France Fnac exclusive steelbook (Dracula Untold)
we can expect the worst:
-French title ("Hacker" yes french editors love to translate an english title into another english title o_O)
-Printed back
-Printed blue banner
-No inside art
-etc...
we'll see...

When I see the last Universal France Fnac exclusive steelbook (Dracula Untold) we can expect the worst:

StatlerandWaldorf(2).JPG

Dracula Untold is the last and also the only Universal France FNAC exclusive steelbook thus far it seems, so I wouldn't make assumptions that Blackhat would have printed banner/back and no inside art just based on that.

The film made a total of $17,7 million at the box-office out of a $70 million budget (not including marketing)... So even if the French title "Hacker" had been chosen before the film started bombing at the US box-office in January, I can see the reasoning - as in, much like in the US evidently, few people know what a "blackhat" is (and it's a... hacker, so the French title doesn't shock me, even if obviously the original title would be much better).

1.png

One interesting thing is that the FNAC listing does not indicate the release of a Blu-ray amaray (well there's the pic of the amaray but that's "temporary"). Either it's a mistake (and a new page will soon be created for the amaray), or the amaray won't be released in FNAC stores (unlikely), or, sadly, the "steelbook" part could very well be a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised.

This :

Blackhat.jpg

This is the only poster for the film (and not a very good one either imo), and it is obviously the artwork chosen for the amaray. So I don't see what type of art they'll use to put on the shelves that differenciates the steelbook from the amaray. And as I said, the film flopped badly.

Me thinks this steelbook won't happen :( — that'd be too bad, I love Michael Mann's films (missed this one in theaters though) and I'd love it if all of them could have steelbook editions (The Insider is at the top of my list!).

Here are the specs listed on amazon.fr:
Audio : English (DTS-HD 5.1), French, Italian, German, Spanish and Hindi (DTS 5.1).
Subtitles : English (HoH), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Icelandic, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Arabic and Hindi.
Region free.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: augustus
Dracula Untold is the last and also the only Universal France FNAC exclusive steelbook thus far it seems, so I wouldn't make assumptions that Blackhat would have printed banner/back and no inside art just based on that.

Just remember Bourne Legacy ;)
The fact is that when Universal France marketing team are the decision maker, it's always disastrous...Bourne Legacy, Fast'n Furious 6, Dracula Untold...:vomit:
Fingers crossed that Universal international will be the decision maker on this title...

I thought it was a really tedious film (and it's over 2 hours long, boring!). Rotten Tomatoes 34%...
I'd pretty much forgotten all about it until I saw this thread.

The January/February release in most of the world probably didn't help the takings, but I think this took less than $18 million worldwide. A serious waste of Chris Hemsworth's talent.
Perhaps one for Michael Mann fans and those that want to see Chris Hemsworth taking his shirt off :)

The filming locations (Indonesia, Malaysia, China) may help the possibility of an Asian steelbook release.

Reactions: goufcustom
I actually enjoyed the movie, great Cast Viola Davis, Chris Hemsworth and just loved the vibe of it.
some say there is not enough action but I really enjoyed it, it's not an typical 'action movie'' but I would say Drama/Thriller
it's those types of movies that you get into it...
some find it weak I thought it was very nice, I watched it twice...

@Actarus really? You watched it twice? I'm really the easy to entertain person (I really enjoy the new TMNT :D) but IMHO I think this is the worst's Michael Mann movie that I've seen... oh boy where's the guy who directed Heat and The Insider...

Last edited:
Being a French steelbook with I assume no one else announcing it, it won't have the English title, although I don't mind 'hacker' as a title to be honest.

Not that I want the steelbook, or to ever have to sit through this movie again (not that it was so bad I walked out)

hmm watched first trailer on imdb and thought no doesn't look that good then watched trailer no.1 and no.2 on you tube which seemed to show it in more of a die hard 4 situtaion with the hackers creating the war if the trailers on utube are right.
i don't want any spoilers but is that the gist of it???
as i can't make my mind up on this one?

cheers
basil :thumbs:

No need to ask if there will be an internal artwork, printed back or printed banner. You just watch: Front Artwork uninteresting, French texts everywhere and reversed spine. Not to mention the English title replaced by an English title. Still a great success as we know do.

I wish there would be other countries doing a steel for this movie as I feel it deserves one.

Nice quality movie but the FNAC edition is just not sitting right with me, I hate English title translated in french, they are so bad at times that it makes me roll my eyes...reason why I pay extra to buy amarays when I need some from Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca just so I don't have the french title on it.
it is so bad at times doesn't even make sense,

langs/subs
AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
—– ——– ——- ———–
DTS-HD Master Audio English 3676 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 3676 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS Audio Spanish 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio German 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio Hindi 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio Italian 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
—– ——– ——- ———–
Presentation Graphics English 24,722 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 21,002 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 16,980 kbps
Presentation Graphics German 23,559 kbps
Presentation Graphics Hindi 18,479 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 21,712 kbps
Presentation Graphics Portuguese 21,287 kbps
Presentation Graphics Arabic 11,598 kbps
Presentation Graphics Danish 19,595 kbps