Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99

11566759-4984541859589914 (1).jpg
11566759-1324541859508863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope someone produced a good documentary about the story of how the film became to be, a la "dangerous days" for Blade Runner, that's the best behind the scenes docu ever.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
Is the HMV release going in the Mondo thread?
HMV mondo steelbook exclusive is not a Mondo X steelbook as far as we know so that's why it's not in the Mondo X steelbook section

There are lot of other steelbooks with Mondo Artwork but these are not part of Mondo X range of steelbooks

• Helpful Post
Reactions: eps999
HMV mondo steelbook exclusive is not a Mondo X steelbook as far as we know so that's why it's not in the Mondo X steelbook section

There are lot of other steelbooks with Mondo Artwork but these are not part of Mondo X range of steelbooks

Cheers Paul. I questioned purely because it is being advertised directly as a Mondo. I just can't wait for #20!

Ed ☺

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
No bonus disc?
Extras on the Blu-ray releases are still to be confirmed it's not out till next year as in about 6 months from now

Some Blu-ray editions have listed includes a bonus disc it might end up all editions have a bonus disc just have to wait a few months until details are announced

• Thanks
Reactions: monterock
Was there any mention of there being a Director's Cut? I know the director has stated that what's in theaters is his director's cut, but I thought I saw on one of these threads that the blu-ray release was going to be extended?

Was there any mention of there being a Director's Cut? I know the director has stated that what's in theaters is his director's cut, but I thought I saw on one of these threads that the blu-ray release was going to be extended?

Too early to announce a Director's Cut.

They won't announce such a thing until every last steelbook purchaser on the planet has purchased a copy of this.

Then comes the Director's Cut.

Then the Final Cut.

With those disappointing opening weekend box office numbers....

...Then the definitive collector's edition.

I actually don't mind these two posters as this steelbook's cover art . . . and I dig the contrast between the cold front and the hot back . . . as I do the well-balanced artwork:-
upload_2017-10-18_23-59-55.png

If that's not possible should still ideally be quite different from the HMV Mondo . . .

Maybe something like this . . . faces within a face ..................................................................................................................... or even monotone moody MASTER AND COMMANDER style:-
DL9PLbBXkAAqLdH.jpg
upload_2017-10-19_0-12-18.png

. . . or maybe something "arty":-
upload_2017-10-19_0-30-17.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-10-19_0-37-38.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

upload_2017-10-19_0-6-41.png
upload_2017-10-19_0-7-57.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to further confirm this is officially confirmed that this is NOT a Mondo X release. FYI

if HMV is correct in having 2 skus with one being Mondo then we are looking at a release similar to that of Arrow Video's Hellraiser from UK. Featuring art by Matt Ryan Tobin in conjunction with Mondo but not Mondo X.

So this blade runner wouldnt have the plastic sleeve.

to further confirm this is officially confirmed that this is NOT a Mondo X release. FYI

if HMV is correct in having 2 skus with one being Mondo then we are looking at a release similar to that of Arrow Video's Hellraiser from UK. Featuring art by Matt Ryan Tobin in conjunction with Mondo but not Mondo X.

So this blade runner wouldnt have the plastic sleeve.

My apologies . . . should read "HMV Mondo style"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/mondo-style-posters/84322265/ vs. the real thing http://www.complex.com/style/2013/04/the-50-best-mondo-posters-so-far/et-the-extraterrestrial

Last edited:
My apologies . . . should read "HMV Mondo style"
Well Mondo is not a style ... its a Brand, and they also offer creative services. So in this case if they were hired to create art then its a SteelBook with art by Mondo. Where as "Mondo X SteelBook" is a branded collection of the two working together with their numbered line and sleeves always provided etc.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531