Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Notes:
Limited Edition Mondo Steelbook 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray

01-484056.jpg

02-484056.jpg 03-484056.jpg

01-484056 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At least HMV do get new releases to customers on the release date. New releases I ordered from Zavvi in the past would often arrive after the release date due to them not having the item in stock early enough to get it out on time
It's a bonus when we receive items early and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Admittedly no standout BLADE RUNNER 2049 steelbook revealed so far . . . but this Mondo style probably the second best looking of the 3 or 4 that I've seen to date. . .

Gold medal.
Perfectly balanced artwork in a matte or possibly zero finish yet does not look washed out thanks to the colour of the artwork.
upload_2018-2-4_12-25-14.png
upload_2018-2-4_13-10-8.pngupload_2018-2-4_12-26-34.png

Silver Medal
Cool artwork reminding me of the line from one of my favourite songs from Al Stewart's The Year of the Cat LP "She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running like a watercolor in the rain ..."
Zero finish reportedly better in hand than in pics - some of which can make the steelbook look really, I mean really, washed out.
Unboxing of the edition from Spain reveals metallic reflections not immediately obvious in regular pics.
upload_2018-2-4_12-32-10.png
upload_2018-2-4_12-32-52.png
upload_2018-2-4_12-33-40.png
upload_2018-2-4_12-47-6.png

Bronze Medal
Zero finish with metallic reflections to the title
upload_2018-2-4_12-50-55.png
upload_2018-2-4_12-51-29.png
upload_2018-2-4_12-52-53.png

KimchiDVD unboxing
Goes without saying the best part of this release is the cool textured KimchiDVD fullslip.

Also, the Best Buy exclusive with the same artwork but scaled differently - less "dead space" with bigger title and car.
3LOal3l.jpg

xMl9yBs.jpg
wGXIpo8.jpg
jkMgsCU.jpg
4YkR0xS.jpg
TMJ64a1.jpg
0sRTVUC.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this one today from Bluewater.Saw about 14 on display.Did not see any copies of the 3D steelbook anywhere instore.

Well my post just dropped and bugger all from HMV. I swear my post office must run a day behind.

Normally I would not be that bothered but it's been a crap day already and this is the release I have been anticipating the most since seeing this at the cinema. Useless berks.

Well, certainly is me that is off form today...the mail that came through the letterbox was leaflets and my steelbook arrived a bit later from my actual postie. *doh*

Chuffed to have any version of this in my hands, what a film. The steelbook is striking and quite different to anything else I have so I guess that's a thumbs up.

Last edited:
Well my post just dropped and bugger all from HMV. I swear my post office must run a day behind.

Normally I would not be that bothered but it's been a crap day already and this is the release I have been anticipating the most since seeing this at the cinema. Useless berks.
Bit early for mine yet. Postie usually comes around mid to late afternoon. But my local deliveries are always behind as well, even when I have arranged for a delivery on a specific day. Once, I arranged for a Wednesday delivery which ended up being delivered the following Monday!!

Bit early for mine yet. Postie usually comes around mid to late afternoon. But my local deliveries are always behind as well, even when I have arranged for a delivery on a specific day. Once, I arranged for a Wednesday delivery which ended up being delivered the following Monday!!
Having said that - when he did arrive (sometime around 3pm), he DID have my copy with him... :happy:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: moonbucket