Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Notes:
Limited Edition Mondo Steelbook 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray

01-484056.jpg

02-484056.jpg 03-484056.jpg

01-484056 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are near a FOPP store, they also sell this steelbook, I got one in Edinburgh today, they did not have it yesterday so you need to keep checking.

I must say this artwork has grown on me big time, I like it a lot! Shame about the finish indeed, but even despite that it´s pretty vivid and beautiful. Boy oh boy this being in full gloss I think it would be in my top 5 steelbooks of all time!

I decided to swap the back on this with the back of the other steelbook

k1poTAj.jpg

N0V3Owu.jpg

I'm going to keep the mondo front with the other back version, the mondo art colours go nicely with the kimchi slip.

BqDSpNt.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I must say this artwork has grown on me big time, I like it a lot! Shame about the finish indeed, but even despite that it´s pretty vivid and beautiful. Boy oh boy this being in full gloss I think it would be in my top 5 steelbooks of all time!
Agreed,on the gloss
And am fussy as to what movie should/shouldn’t have gloss - this needed it

What does everyone think of the 3 shorts included on this disc?
The ones covering key dates (black out, Tyrell buyout attempt and backstory of the guy from the start)

Pretty much identical (minus the 4K disc) to my whiskey glass edition from Amazon France: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B077XSVZQQ/?tag=hidefnin0a-21 Same spot finish to Joi and the awning/sides on the front. Glad I got the set (shipped to U.S.) for just €36.91.
I got the hmv steel its sitting overseas at my parents house until i get shipped over with other stuff.
I had ordered the uk edition of the glasses but wished i had ordered this french glasses edition instead of the hmv steel as would have had for not much more set of glasses.
I do own the other blade runner steelbook but wished i did a bit of looking first before buying the hmv steel and got this.

What does everyone think of the 3 shorts included on this disc?
The ones covering key dates (black out, Tyrell buyout attempt and backstory of the guy from the start)

I've only seen the two shorts-
"Blade Runner 2036" and "Blade Runner 2048"- the latter two of which are mentioned.

To be honest, I'm not really impressed with either of them.
Not only do each of these shorts not necessarily find ways to be compelling based with the mere minutes that they have- but they're just all so blandly shot... and that's a real misrepresentation as to the beauty and methodical pacing of the film. That's not to say that the shorts in of themselves are 'bad', they're just... standard... and fine... they seem like typical "Student Films" based on their quality and production value- and that's just a shame considering the sandbox they were given to play in.

I've only seen the two shorts-
"Blade Runner 2036" and "Blade Runner 2048"- the latter two of which are mentioned.

To be honest, I'm not really impressed with either of them.
Not only do each of these shorts not necessarily find ways to be compelling based with the mere minutes that they have- but they're just all so blandly shot... and that's a real misrepresentation as to the beauty and methodical pacing of the film. That's not to say that the shorts in of themselves are 'bad', they're just... standard... and fine... they seem like typical "Student Films" based on their quality and production value- and that's just a shame considering the sandbox they were given to play in.
Watch the first one. The anime style one I thought was by far the best.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: FN-2187
3 of the 4 released so far courtesy STAPLATINUM
DW9SMNKUMAA8lB5.jpg:large

Backs & spines + the other 3 BLADE RUNNER 2049 steelbooks out / on the way:-
DW9SMNKU8AAyspz.jpg:large

DW9SMNKV4AEwJAz.jpg:large

Japan ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Film Arena ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Best Buy U.S. 4K -----------------------------------------------
upload_2018-2-26_21-34-12.png
upload_2018-2-26_21-35-15.png
upload_2018-2-26_21-41-33.png
upload_2018-2-26_21-53-10.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Definatly gained value for the time being, seems to be going for around £40-45 at the moment.
Nice

Something weirdly satisfying, getting a nice steelbook, of a great movie, as part of a prized collection...knowing it’s gained value :) have a number of these now (Frozen and Thor 2 kimchi's Probably being some of the most valuable I own and love)
Or is it just me?