Blade Runner 2049 (4K or 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: January 16, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21 2D ONLY

BR2049 4K.PNG BR2049 2D.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Must have been recently added as I've been checking BB's site and couldn't find the listing. Hopefully the price drops a little. Preordered.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
OH MY I've been checking daily for the past month for this! I'm dying to know what the artwork will look like! HMV has Mondo art that hasn't been shown yet, while this one doesn't give us any details. Do you guys think the Mondo art could be WWA or just exclusive to the HMV? If the Best Buy steel is just a metal case with the theatrical poster, I'm gonna need to find a way to get my hands on the HMV release.

That would be great news! Do you know where you read that? I'd like to know for sure so I can cancel my spot in the HMV group buy.
There is 2 steelbooks so far with different artwork

HMV UK not yet updated the website to show the Mondo artwork

Mondo Steelbook
333869-b0457e45f61232a31946c3c7cd52a457.jpg

Trade Wide Steelbook
Artwork TBC

81-elZuTbdL._SY445_.jpg

It's not known yet which artwork best buy steelbook will be using

Because it isn't Mondo? Or because it isn't the Mondo art release?

The latter.
I like to view a Steelbook as a unique canvas that illustrates an original look at the film. I personally feel that if a Steelbook simply re-uses promotional art (or worse- the standard BluRay art) then there’s no point in the Steelbook existing- because it fails to take advantage of the sole reason the medium has for existing.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T