Blade Runner 2049 (4K or 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: January 16, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21 2D ONLY

BR2049 4K.PNG BR2049 2D.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always print out and replace the inside artwork. I've frankensteeled a few copies before....

At this point, whenever I get steelbook signed, I normally pop off the cover and have the person in question sign the inside of the steel- that way I can seal it behind the wall of plastic when I pop it back on to the tray.

Reactions: kryptonite
Orange 'n' blue BD + DVD 2 disc steelbook unboxing:-

Love the balanced artwork on this steelbook already seen to great effect on the KimchiDVD fullslip:-
upload_2018-1-17_10-13-44.png

upload_2018-1-17_10-40-3.png
upload_2018-1-17_10-35-15.png

Same artwork but with a very different treatment . . . a marriage made in heaven methinks.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles and tono06
Group buy folks, I’ve placed a few more orders for the 2D version, I’ll list them for order on the GB when they are in hand.

I’ve sent all the 4K editions to members, none of those available at the moment.

Now I need to decide which to watch first the 4K or the 3D edition. I am leaning on 4k first and then 3D.
no compete, 4K for sure (and this comes from 3D fan) it has Atmos, great immersive/LFE and PQ too are just pure fantastic, this becomes my reference disc now and can't recommend enough!

anybody has the extra copy of 4K steelbook feel free to PM me :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel
I have to figure out how to do it without damaging anything.
Someone on the other site did this, and posted photos. Some people loved it, but it didn't really work for me. It mixes two different poster sets and seems not quite right to me.

As for taking apart a steelbook, there are some YouTube videos that give you the basic idea. Just remember to bend in toward the plastic inner case, not out toward the steel casing. The steel bends very easily, and you will cry. :)

(Do I speak from experience?...)

• Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel