Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Release date: February 14, 2018
Purchase links: SteelBook - Special Edition
Prices: €29.99 (Steelbook) - €199.99 (Special Edition)
Note: The Special Edition includes the 4K UHD disc, 3D Blu-ray, the Director's cut version and a Blaster replica
The Steelbook contains an exclusive bonus disc. It is not yet indicated if the director's cut version will also be present in the standard edition.

Blade-Runner-2049-Coffret-Edition-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-3D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you live ?
Item shipping from France, the more it has to travel the more risks there is.
As for the issues, like many major retailers it is matter of luck. Their customer service was efficient when i needed them.

PS : nice username :thumbs:

Reactions: Deckard
Thanks a lot,i live in Greece,so i guess that reduces the risk a bit.Anyway I managed to preorder the limited edition of the soundtack,but it appears that it wasn't limited at all since it will be soon available for retail,cheaper,with exactly the same content so,you cant be sure with those things...Lets just hope everything will work out in the end.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
Hi Deckard - I'm a newbie too. I ordered the set from FNAC, my payment went through, I received a confirmation email and the text about the overseas transaction from my bank (I'm in the US). The day after, I checked my order and it was canceled. I haven't received an email from them letting me know so I have emailed them. I'm still waiting on a reply. I'd recommend checking the order in the next day or so to verify that it's still good. My cancellation may be due to my location, but I'm not sure.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Deckard
Jost ordered and FNAC only charged me €163.39 + €16.39 Express Shipping to the US.

Thought others might like to know the price has dropped. It shows €199.99 but once it was added to my cart the price dropped!

So excited to get this! Unfortunately, when this sold out I ordered the 4K/3D steelbook from HMV and already paid for it. I guess I’ll just sell it once I receive it.

Jost ordered and FNAC only charged me €163.39 + €16.39 Express Shipping to the US.

Thought others might like to know the price has dropped. It shows €199.99 but once it was added to my cart the price dropped!

So excited to get this! Unfortunately, when this sold out I ordered the 4K/3D steelbook from HMV and already paid for it. I guess I’ll just sell it once I receive it.

that might be that the wont charge vat oun orders outside of EU

Reactions: Shaggy78

You can probably cancel the HMV order and get a refund.
The steelbook won't be out for months.

Price hasn't dropped. You weren't charged VAT as you live outside EU.

FNAC packages are usually shipped out of France via DHL, so you can expect to pay customs fees.

Hi Deckard - I'm a newbie too. I ordered the set from FNAC, my payment went through, I received a confirmation email and the text about the overseas transaction from my bank (I'm in the US). The day after, I checked my order and it was canceled. I haven't received an email from them letting me know so I have emailed them. I'm still waiting on a reply. I'd recommend checking the order in the next day or so to verify that it's still good. My cancellation may be due to my location, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the heads-up.I just checked and my order still stands but its weird that they cancelled yours without noticing you,makes me worry about their customer service.

Really?!? What is the rationale for that? I’ve never paid tax or customs on a single import.

Well, lucky you... i don't know where you live, but In Belgium or France, when de value of the package is above 40$ and sent by courrier, you will ALWAYS have to pay customs, and Taxes...

Thanks for the heads-up.I just checked and my order still stands but its weird that they cancelled yours without noticing you,makes me worry about their customer service.
I finally received a reply from FNAC. They requested proof of my address and some form of identification to prove I am who I am and that I live where I live. It was my first order with them, so that may be part of it, but my CC and all other info provided during the order was correct and matching. I asked, if I provided the proof, would they reinstate my order, to which they said no. Now it's out of stock on the website so a re-order is currently out of the question. Luckily, I work with a person from France who has ordered through them before and she graciously placed a back up order for me. So far, it's still active so my fingers are crossed that it will make it until release. I'm glad to hear that you're order is still active.

I finally received a reply from FNAC. They requested proof of my address and some form of identification to prove I am who I am and that I live where I live. It was my first order with them, so that may be part of it, but my CC and all other info provided during the order was correct and matching. I asked, if I provided the proof, would they reinstate my order, to which they said no. Now it's out of stock on the website so a re-order is currently out of the question. Luckily, I work with a person from France who has ordered through them before and she graciously placed a back up order for me. So far, it's still active so my fingers are crossed that it will make it until release. I'm glad to hear that you're order is still active.

Seriously... it would have been WAY more professional to : keep you from ordering before you provide your proof of ID - OR to keep your preorder on hold until you provide the requested info's...
Now it is OOS and they basically say that's sad, but so be it.

I had it preordered a few weeks ago, my credit card was only valid till 12/2017 so when i received the new card last week, i wanted to update my card data (like you do at amazon without any issue)
except that Fnac does not let you change anything to an ongoing order.
I check the product page, and i see that it is back in stock (probably not for long, so need to be fast)
i cancel my preorder
put the boxset in my basket and checkout....
BOOM : the article you have ordered is not in stock anymore....
i refresh, delete my cookie, history temp files and so on...
refresh again.
product page still shows as available
So i try again, same problem.
I call their customer service the next mroning, and they informed me that beacuse i preordered and cancel my preorder, i won't be able to preorder the same prodcut again from the same account...
But i can make a new account under the same name and CC and order again ! which i did, and indeed it worked !
But, come on, can't they just give you the right reason why you can't order when you are actually trying to on the product page ???
Amazon is not perfect and have their own issue, but man, Fnac has a lot to learn from them regarding their website !!!!

Last edited:
  • Thanks