[CANCELED] Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchamp444

Dark Knight Blufans GB Survivor
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2016
Canada
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

br2049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've got no doubt when this comes around they will doing a good package. However, this could take months or even years to come through and the steelbook art for the FAC release is great so I'm going to grab the E3 if I can through the GB. I'll then wait it out and see what Manta come up with

Interesting that you're going to go via the GB for FA's. Are you expecting it to be hard to get by purchasing directly? I'm in that quandary myself....

Seeing as this thread missed the info yesterday

*BladeRunner 2049*
- Again... we are rejected with few ideas so we are starting over with the designs. We hope to release this by end of this year

[AUGUST UPDATE] - www.mantalab.com
Hello everyone! We hope everyone is having a great summer! We are very sorry for posting the update later than what we promised! It means we are working hard on production so we hope our customers can understand
1f642.png

:). `We have a lot of good news for this update so please read below for more information

1. EX_MACHINA
All materials have arrived to the packing facility and we are packing them at the moment. We hope to ship out everything on time. Thank you very much.

2. Ready Player One
Pre-order is tomorrow at 8PM, August 3rd, 2018! We thank everyone for coming to our pre-order.

3. The Greatest Showman
Pre-order will be in August and we are scheduling the pre-order at the moment. This release includes something we have never made before and we hope it will come out as our expectation.

4. The Shape of Water
Pre-order will be in September. We have finished all designs and we are currently producing the materials so packshots will be updated soon.

5. Deadpool 2
We are currently working on the Exclusive Steelbook for the Deadpool 2 and we hope to release another amazing release like the first one! More info will be updated after approval.

6. Forgotten releases....
1f641.png

:(
*Kingsman 2*
- Approvals have been quite difficult with this release because our entire designs have been rejected few times. We are working on this again but the release is going to be delayed until later this year.

*Dunkirk*
- There's a good news about this release because we were having problem with the approval from the director but we've heard that the approval process is moving again. We hope to post good news about this release.

*Alien Series*
- TBA, we are working with one of the best illustrators in the industry for our package and hope there's more news on this within this year.

*Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them*
- 50% of production has been finished and we are planning to release it in around October.

*BladeRunner 2049*
- Again... we are rejected with few ideas so we are starting over with the designs. We hope to release this by end of this year.

7. Steelbook Production and feedback
As our customers know that we've been switching back and forth with the steelbook production for our products and we thank everyone for the honest feedback. In our opinion, we are having difficult time deciding which production we want to use for our products because different factories have different pros and cons. Traditionally, we've been using super glossy steelbooks for our products but the problem we've faced was that the super glossy steelbooks have softer coating and it's more vulnerable than the hard coating. Regardless of the production we use, we will continue to QC our product to send out the best products for our customers.
Thank you very much and we hope to publish more good news with our next update.
Best regards,
Manta Lab

Reactions: yeslek and C.C. 95
Indeed. Some folks don't visit each and every thread and some don't even see embedded posts from Facebook due to some limitations on their devices, so posting the whole thing is for those members.

I get that, that's why I clearly in plain text pasted the exert relating to Blade Runner separately

Manta Lab updated

Blade Runner 2049: Design is still in progress. This might be our first release with Sony so we are adapting to their style for the designs and specification.
In other words... the design might not be great.

Reactions: tono06
What are people's thoughts on something like this? I tweeted it to Manta months ago and whoever runs their account liked it, but I wonder if they've already tried something similar that's already been denied anyway.

w0Qj4qu.jpg

Also this could be a nice alternative contrasting rear cover instead of the Atari flyover, if formatted for portrait by moving the hologram text up and behind Joi, and with the actual shot of K instead of this weird illustrated one:

xOnKOlml.jpg

Going to be very hard to top what Film Arena did with theirs and that's pretty much perfection when it comes to this film

Going to be very hard to top what Film Arena did with theirs and that's pretty much perfection when it comes to this film
This ^

Still, Manta always seem to knock it out of the park, so I have faith they're deliver something awesome!

I mean, there's lots of possibilities, since every frame of the film is stunning...

This ^

Still, Manta always seem to knock it out of the park, so I have faith they're deliver something awesome!

I mean, there's lots of possibilities, since every frame of the film is stunning...

I believe that Film Arena's steelbook is a perfect steelbook. But for steelbook collector's, when it comes to this movie, I don't believe that it has to be topped. I believe people will want more than one release if done right.

I would like it much better if they would only announce releases that have already been approved rather than a laundry list of the ones they hope to get approved. The same way so many FAC threads are now redundant due to the fact that they took on too much. These threads IMO offer a hope that may never come to be.

Agree...Tomb Raider for example wasn‘t mentioned again in their newest update :offtopic:...so what is the status of this project?

Reactions: frankfish44
Agree...Tomb Raider for example wasn‘t mentioned again in their newest update :offtopic:...so what is the status of this project?
Exactly. Some of these endeavors are not guaranteed. It would be more prudent if they only shared with the steelbook community what they can deliver. I really detest the fact that so many are probably committing to ignore /pass on other solid releases in the hopes of getting one that may never see the light of day.

• Thanks
Reactions: rj531 and Radagast
Status
Not open for further replies.