bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Blade Runner 2049

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Denis Villeneuve[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Gosling,[/ACTOR] Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Dave Bautista, Lennie James

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
aMpyrCizvSdc0UIMblJ1srVgAEF.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB

Harrison Ford back for a sequel -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31657466

blade_runner.jpg
bladerunner2049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They honestly couldn't have chosen a better director IMO.

Woah you've changed your avatar.
Threw me for a second

Yeah I agree. Fincher would of been a cool choice too but I'm happy with Denis

Reactions: Noodles
Woah you've changed your avatar.
Threw me for a second

Yeah I agree. Fincher would of been a cool choice too but I'm happy with Denis
Haha well don't get used to it... I might change it back soon. :p

Fincher never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it, I agree... he also would've been a great choice!

Reactions: Flloydo
Haha well don't get used to it... I might change it back soon. :p

Fincher never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it, I agree... he also would've been a great choice!

Well it a good choice and cool pic. Drive/ gosling/ storm troopers are all good in my book and you have taste anyway so thumbs up lol

Yeah I love fincher, he's in my top 5 anyway and only made one crap film (we all know what that is and he's fully ashamed and nearly quit directing because of it so for that I let it slip lol)

Off topic a little but I'm eagerly awaiting his next project but in honesty I wish he got Rooney and Craig back for another two films of a certain franchise. Would love to see him continue those

Well it a good choice and cool pic. Drive/ gosling/ storm troopers are all good in my book and you have taste anyway so thumbs up lol

Yeah I love fincher, he's in my top 5 anyway and only made one crap film (we all know what that is and he's fully ashamed and nearly quit directing because of it so for that I let it slip lol)

Off topic a little but I'm eagerly awaiting his next project but in honesty I wish he got Rooney and Craig back for another two films of a certain franchise. Would love to see him continue those
I've decided to stick with Mr Driver for now... will no doubt go back to the Stormtrooper at some point though. Who's that in your avatar by the way? I always assumed it was you, as I know you have long hair... but then so do a lot of famous people lol.

Fincher's easily in my top 5 too mate. I know exactly which film you're referring too (I need to rewatch that one to be fair), but I'm also not a fan of TGWTDT... I loved Rooney's character, but the story felt very flat to me, especially for a Fincher film. There was no major twist or anything and nothing all that exciting ever happened IMO.

Back on topic though... Villeneuve is fast becoming one of my favourite directors too. I love everything of his that I've seen so far... even his short Next Floor. Hopefully he's given a lot of freedom with Blade Runner 2 so that he can add his own style to it, because Ridley Scott can be hit or miss for me, so I'm hoping he doesn't actually get too involved (apart from writing the story, of course).

It'll be interesting to see how much better Blade Runner 2 does at the box office because Blade Runner only became fairly successful retrospectively and even then, although critics adore it not many know of its existence.

I've decided to stick with Mr Driver for now... will no doubt go back to the Stormtrooper at some point though. Who's that in your avatar by the way? I always assumed it was you, as I know you have long hair... but then so do a lot of famous people lol.

Fincher's easily in my top 5 too mate. I know exactly which film you're referring too (I need to rewatch that one to be fair), but I'm also not a fan of TGWTDT... I loved Rooney's character, but the story felt very flat to me, especially for a Fincher film. There was no major twist or anything and nothing all that exciting ever happened IMO.

Back on topic though... Villeneuve is fast becoming one of my favourite directors too. I love everything of his that I've seen so far... even his short Next Floor. Hopefully he's given a lot of freedom with Blade Runner 2 so that he can add his own style to it, because Ridley Scott can be hit or miss for me, so I'm hoping he doesn't actually get too involved (apart from writing the story, of course).

Yeah thats me in my avatar.
I used one of those colouring apps and painted over it and changed the effect. I was down the pub and my mate met me in one of those coats with the goggles in the hood (think it's a Japanese design)
It was a quality coat. Photo is a few years old though, don't think i have that kings of Leon shirt anymore.

Yeah I love everything that guy has done minus the film we won't name lol it's like the Voldemort of the film world hah
Ahh I loved TGWTDT, it's one of my comfort films lol (quite a few of his are my comfort film, especially zodiac)
There was a pretty big twist though! I do agree it's not his most exciting but there's something I love about it. Rooney is amazing. I find Craig hit and miss. Especially at accents like in defiance. But he's great as bond, in layer cake, the jacket and TGWTDT

He's great director. I still need to see Sicario but I loved prisoners and enemy and a few others. I've not seen that short but I'll check it out.
Ridley Scott is a strange one, he's made some fantastic films but he's done some awful ones too. I agree very hit and miss. Although I watched the Martian the other day and loved it. But that probably means his next one will be cr*p lol

I know Prometheus gets a lot of stick but I'm actually a big fan of that film.
Yeah I hope Denis gets a lot of freedom too.
I wonder if gyllenhaal will be in this maybe? Considering his history with the director? He would/ could be a great villain.
I would love to see him and gosling in a film together and this would be perfect

Yeah thats me in my avatar.
I used one of those colouring apps and painted over it and changed the effect. I was down the pub and my mate met me in one of those coats with the goggles in the hood (think it's a Japanese design)
It was a quality coat. Photo is a few years old though, don't think i have that kings of Leon shirt anymore.

Yeah I love everything that guy has done minus the film we won't name lol it's like the Voldemort of the film world hah
Ahh I loved TGWTDT, it's one of my comfort films lol (quite a few of his are my comfort film, especially zodiac)
There was a pretty big twist though! I do agree it's not his most exciting but there's something I love about it. Rooney is amazing. I find Craig hit and miss. Especially at accents like in defiance. But he's great as bond, in layer cake, the jacket and TGWTDT

He's great director. I still need to see Sicario but I loved prisoners and enemy and a few others. I've not seen that short but I'll check it out.
Ridley Scott is a strange one, he's made some fantastic films but he's done some awful ones too. I agree very hit and miss. Although I watched the Martian the other day and loved it. But that probably means his next one will be cr*p lol

I know Prometheus gets a lot of stick but I'm actually a big fan of that film.
Yeah I hope Denis gets a lot of freedom too.
I wonder if gyllenhaal will be in this maybe? Considering his history with the director? He would/ could be a great villain.
I would love to see him and gosling in a film together and this would be perfect
I thought it was probably done with a photo filter/effect or something... looks cool though! And you can't go wrong with some Kings of Leon merch. :thumbs:

I was quite young the last time I watched Alien 3, so I'm interested in watching it again now that I'm a little older... I find I appreciate certain films a lot more now. What was the big twist in TGWTDT? I would've expected it to be the killer, but that character was never really involved in the story until the "reveal", so we didn't know anything about them until then, which made it quite boring IMO. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Craig either... didn't think he was anything special in TGWTDT.

Sicario I was little disappointed with, but I did still enjoy it... think I'll probably like it more on rewatch. Prisoners is great, but Enemy is my favourite! The short is pretty weird FYI, so be warned lol. I also recommened checking out Incendies and Polytechnique. Yeah, I reckon Ridley's best days are behind him... he's still able to deliver an entertaining film every now and again, but I can't see him ever treating us to another classic like Blade Runner, Alien or Gladiator.

Dude, that would be awesome! Gyllenhaal has always creeped me out in a way (his grin gives me shivers lol), so he'd definitely make a great villain. Easily one of my favourite actors anyway, along with Gosling. :D

I thought it was probably done with a photo filter/effect or something... looks cool though! And you can't go wrong with some Kings of Leon merch. :thumbs:

I was quite young the last time I watched Alien 3, so I'm interested in watching it again now that I'm a little older... I find I appreciate certain films a lot more now. What was the big twist in TGWTDT? I would've expected it to be the killer, but that character was never really involved in the story until the "reveal", so we didn't know anything about them until then, which made it quite boring IMO. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Craig either... didn't think he was anything special in TGWTDT.

Sicario I was little disappointed with, but I did still enjoy it... think I'll probably like it more on rewatch. Prisoners is great, but Enemy is my favourite! The short is pretty weird FYI, so be warned lol. I also recommened checking out Incendies and Polytechnique. Yeah, I reckon Ridley's best days are behind him... he's still able to deliver an entertaining film every now and again, but I can't see him ever treating us to another classic like Blade Runner, Alien or Gladiator.

Dude, that would be awesome! Gyllenhaal has always creeped me out in a way (his grin gives me shivers lol), so he'd definitely make a great villain. Easily one of my favourite actors anyway, along with Gosling. :D

I went off the Kings a few years back after the fourth album but I have some cool merch, badges, records and box sets etc. Some of their rare EP records too.
still love the first 3 albums though. And crawl on the fourth

I find I appreciate certain films now I'm older too. I'm not sure if alien 3 will be one for me as I've seen it a couple times and just bores me although the dog alien is quite cool. Resurrection is better but not by much.

Yeah there was the kind of twist of stellan being the killer who had taken over from his dad (he mentions his dad was more sloppy with it) that whole scene at the end in his messed up room still freaks me out and then lisbeth breaks his face with a golf club and turns out neither him or his father killed his sister and turns out she's still alive pretending to be the cousin or something plus it turns out she killed the dad I think (also stellans dad also - think he witnessed it). Also plummers character was lying and didn't have any info on the guy Craig's character wanted to **** over.
I just enjoyed the dark tone (he loves to use those bleek greens and blues in his films - puts me in the mood lol)
Although i haven't read the book my mate who has tells me there is something missing or they brush over quickly in the fincher film and he reakons fincher much of read the book so much and knows the story inside out he left this little detail out but i wouldn't know what that is and it's just his guess.

A few friends said I will like Sicario and told me del toro is awesome. I'll give it a go soon.
I absolutely loved enemy. Great film. That ending! Wow.
Yeah weird is fine with me lol
okay cool I'll check those 3 out.

Yeah Ridleys best days are behind him but for an older dude he seems to bang films out like no tomorrow. That does impress me considering they are quite big scaled films the majority of the time. He must have a great team with him.

Gyllenhaal is one of my favourite actors too. Yeah especially his grin in nightcrawler. Watched it again the other night. Love him in that. So creepy and has no limit.
The scene at dinner with rene gets me everytime. He owns it even in the weirdest was possible. Puts her in a serioulsy messed up position.

I'm really looking forward to the new gosling and Crowe film. Looks quality and looks like gosling will do that kind of comedy well.

I think gosling will really suit blade runner. Will be interesting anyway.
After talking about jake I really want him in this now aswell lol

I went off the Kings a few years back after the fourth album but I have some cool merch, badges, records and box sets etc. Some of their rare EP records too.
still love the first 3 albums though. And crawl on the fourth

I find I appreciate certain films now I'm older too. I'm not sure if alien 3 will be one for me as I've seen it a couple times and just bores me although the dog alien is quite cool. Resurrection is better but not by much.

Yeah there was the kind of twist of stellan being the killer who had taken over from his dad (he mentions his dad was more sloppy with it) that whole scene at the end in his messed up room still freaks me out and then lisbeth breaks his face with a golf club and turns out neither him or his father killed his sister and turns out she's still alive pretending to be the cousin or something plus it turns out she killed the dad I think (also stellans dad also - think he witnessed it). Also plummers character was lying and didn't have any info on the guy Craig's character wanted to **** over.
I just enjoyed the dark tone (he loves to use those bleek greens and blues in his films - puts me in the mood lol)
Although i haven't read the book my mate who has tells me there is something missing or they brush over quickly in the fincher film and he reakons fincher much of read the book so much and knows the story inside out he left this little detail out but i wouldn't know what that is and it's just his guess.

A few friends said I will like Sicario and told me del toro is awesome. I'll give it a go soon.
I absolutely loved enemy. Great film. That ending! Wow.
Yeah weird is fine with me lol
okay cool I'll check those 3 out.

Yeah Ridleys best days are behind him but for an older dude he seems to bang films out like no tomorrow. That does impress me considering they are quite big scaled films the majority of the time. He must have a great team with him.

Gyllenhaal is one of my favourite actors too. Yeah especially his grin in nightcrawler. Watched it again the other night. Love him in that. So creepy and has no limit.
The scene at dinner with rene gets me everytime. He owns it even in the weirdest was possible. Puts her in a serioulsy messed up position.

I'm really looking forward to the new gosling and Crowe film. Looks quality and looks like gosling will do that kind of comedy well.

I think gosling will really suit blade runner. Will be interesting anyway.
After talking about jake I really want him in this now aswell lol
I went off KOL at one point too, but then eventually came around to their new stuff, and now I love everything they've done lol. I agree that you still can't beat their first three albums though!

Wait... WHAT?! I obviously must have missed something in TGWTDT then, because I thought he was revealed as the killer and that was basically that. Maybe I was so bored by that point that I wasn't paying attention or something. What you described actually sounds rather good though, so I guess I need to rewatch it! I've heard good things about the book to mate, but I'm not much of a reader,and the film didn't exactly make me want to check it out lol. Have you seen the Swedish version with Noomi Rapace? I've been meaning to watch that trilogy for a while now.

Del Toro certainly is awesome in Sicario. He stole the show... whereas Blunt was a bit one-dimensional IMO. I didn't understand Enemy in the slightest after my first viewing, yet I still loved it lol. Now that I do understand it though, I honestly think it's a masterpiece! Haha the ending just about gave me a heart attack.

That's true... Ridley has a lot of experience, so clearly knows what he's doing when it comes to filming. I always really enjoyed his brother's (Tony Scott) movies too. Would've been cool to seem them team up at some point and write/direct together.

I always found Gyllenhaal a bit creepy in Donnie Darko, and then he went full on psycho in Nightcrawler... his character/performance kind of reminded me of Christian Bale in American Psycho. Loved him in everything I've seen him in so far though, and he seems really cool off camera too.

Yeah, Nice Guys looks like it's going to be pretty funny. Gosling and Crowe obviously have good chemistry with each other, so I'm sure that'll only add to the humour. Can't wait to see Gosling play a bad ass (in Blade Runner) again! :D

I went off KOL at one point too, but then eventually came around to their new stuff, and now I love everything they've done lol. I agree that you still can't beat their first three albums though!

Wait... WHAT?! I obviously must have missed something in TGWTDT then, because I thought he was revealed as the killer and that was basically that. Maybe I was so bored by that point that I wasn't paying attention or something. What you described actually sounds rather good though, so I guess I need to rewatch it! I've heard good things about the book to mate, but I'm not much of a reader,and the film didn't exactly make me want to check it out lol. Have you seen the Swedish version with Noomi Rapace? I've been meaning to watch that trilogy for a while now.

Del Toro certainly is awesome in Sicario. He stole the show... whereas Blunt was a bit one-dimensional IMO. I didn't understand Enemy in the slightest after my first viewing, yet I still loved it lol. Now that I do understand it though, I honestly think it's a masterpiece! Haha the ending just about gave me a heart attack.

That's true... Ridley has a lot of experience, so clearly knows what he's doing when it comes to filming. I always really enjoyed his brother's (Tony Scott) movies too. Would've been cool to seem them team up at some point and write/direct together.

I always found Gyllenhaal a bit creepy in Donnie Darko, and then he went full on psycho in Nightcrawler... his character/performance kind of reminded me of Christian Bale in American Psycho. Loved him in everything I've seen him in so far though, and he seems really cool off camera too.

Yeah, Nice Guys looks like it's going to be pretty funny. Gosling and Crowe obviously have good chemistry with each other, so I'm sure that'll only add to the humour. Can't wait to see Gosling play a bad ass (in Blade Runner) again! :D

I liked Mary on come around sundown but I gave up after that album. Maybe I should give he new stuff a listen. But I truly love the first 3 albums. I used to try and look a bit like caleb (even though naturally I looked more like the drummer Nathan) back in the day with the skinnys and tight short tops and long hair with the ears showing lol hahahaha when I look back at photos it's quite funny and like a mum or dad looking back at their 80's style lol
See them in their prime quite a few times too even though the aha shake heartbreak yours wee quite messy and raw (apparently they were huge cocaine addicts by then and it showed)

Yeah I think you missed a few bits lol so sorry for ruining it now!
But it is a slow burner so I can imagine you may of been bored by then and switched off lol I've done it millions of times

I haven't seen them but I've got them on PS3 somehow. But I don't think they have subtitles so I don't think i can watch them. Hopefully will one day becaue like yourself I don't do the books and want to see how the other 2 turn out. Isn't cra his character played by the villain in MI 4 and John wick?
I loved Noomi in promethheus but she's a dead ringer of my ex in that film (minus the accent - my ex is a northerner from where your from I think although it's not too northern lol) freaks me out a little watching it now

I understood enemy as in who's who at the end and that psychological part but the spiders I was confused with, then I looked into the film and realised that's how he views women. Then the end end when he walks in the room made sense to me and he hasn't changed etc (it freaked me out so much mate - spiders are my fear, I seriously freak out over them and I even hate how I react to them)
Love that film but I've only seen it once. I'll have to watch it again to see if it's better on a second view and see if I notice more bits

My favourite Tony Scott film is true romance and I was never really a fan of mush of his other stuff. Top gunn was good and so was last Boy Scout, enemy of the state, and the fan but I find them all hard to watch now. Same with man on fire and spy game. I used to love them but can't stand them now. I've always prefered Ridley personally but just not as much in recent years. I like the martin and Prometheus but they was the first of his films since body of lies or matchstick men that i liked. Oh and loved gladiator and black hawk down

Oh he's very creepy in donnie darko. One of my favourites too and I'm dying for a epic steel for it. Kimchi blu collection or something. Would suit that collection.
Yeah he was a bit American phycho/ bale in it. Same mate even the day after tomorow. Oh except prince of Persia. Wasn't a big fan of source code either. He was ok but the film killed it for me. Had such high hopes for it too.

Have you seen "kill your friends" with Nicolaus hault? Think you might like it. Its very American psycho meets 24 hour party people. I enjoyed it anyway. He don't act as psycho as bale or gyllenhaal but it and he has a simular fell

Gosling and Crowe do look like they have great chemistry in that film. Always makes it work better and I reakon it's going to be a gem

Wouldn't be surprised if Crowe has a man crush (like carrel) for gosling and gosling sees Crowe as a hero/ inspiration and it just worked lol like carrel and gosling in crazy stupid love

Lol we've taken this thread well off topic

I liked Mary on come around sundown but I gave up after that album. Maybe I should give he new stuff a listen. But I truly love the first 3 albums. I used to try and look a bit like caleb (even though naturally I looked more like the drummer Nathan) back in the day with the skinnys and tight short tops and long hair with the ears showing lol hahahaha when I look back at photos it's quite funny and like a mum or dad looking back at their 80's style lol
See them in their prime quite a few times too even though the aha shake heartbreak yours wee quite messy and raw (apparently they were huge cocaine addicts by then and it showed)

Yeah I think you missed a few bits lol so sorry for ruining it now!
But it is a slow burner so I can imagine you may of been bored by then and switched off lol I've done it millions of times

I haven't seen them but I've got them on PS3 somehow. But I don't think they have subtitles so I don't think i can watch them. Hopefully will one day becaue like yourself I don't do the books and want to see how the other 2 turn out. Isn't cra his character played by the villain in MI 4 and John wick?
I loved Noomi in promethheus but she's a dead ringer of my ex in that film (minus the accent - my ex is a northerner from where your from I think although it's not too northern lol) freaks me out a little watching it now

I understood enemy as in who's who at the end and that psychological part but the spiders I was confused with, then I looked into the film and realised that's how he views women. Then the end end when he walks in the room made sense to me and he hasn't changed etc (it freaked me out so much mate - spiders are my fear, I seriously freak out over them and I even hate how I react to them)
Love that film but I've only seen it once. I'll have to watch it again to see if it's better on a second view and see if I notice more bits

My favourite Tony Scott film is true romance and I was never really a fan of mush of his other stuff. Top gunn was good and so was last Boy Scout, enemy of the state, and the fan but I find them all hard to watch now. Same with man on fire and spy game. I used to love them but can't stand them now. I've always prefered Ridley personally but just not as much in recent years. I like the martin and Prometheus but they was the first of his films since body of lies or matchstick men that i liked. Oh and loved gladiator and black hawk down

Oh he's very creepy in donnie darko. One of my favourites too and I'm dying for a epic steel for it. Kimchi blu collection or something. Would suit that collection.
Yeah he was a bit American phycho/ bale in it. Same mate even the day after tomorow. Oh except prince of Persia. Wasn't a big fan of source code either. He was ok but the film killed it for me. Had such high hopes for it too.

Have you seen "kill your friends" with Nicolaus hault? Think you might like it. Its very American psycho meets 24 hour party people. I enjoyed it anyway. He don't act as psycho as bale or gyllenhaal but it and he has a simular fell

Gosling and Crowe do look like they have great chemistry in that film. Always makes it work better and I reakon it's going to be a gem

Wouldn't be surprised if Crowe has a man crush (like carrel) for gosling and gosling sees Crowe as a hero/ inspiration and it just worked lol like carrel and gosling in crazy stupid love

Lol we've taken this thread well off topic

:cautious::dunno::whistle::rofl:

:cautious::dunno::whistle::rofl:

You think I'm joking,
Carrel has expressed his love for gosling quite a few times in interviews jokingly and serious.
The last interview I see of Crowe was jonathon Ross and he was horny as hell lol.
Gosling probably sees him as an inspiration due to his CV and let's face it gosling is a good looking man.
I think their chemistry looks great in nice guys

Plus I said "I wouldn't be surprised"

Let's just see in the promotional interviews etc

You think I'm joking,
Carrel has expressed his love for gosling quite a few times in interviews jokingly and serious.
The last interview I see of Crowe was jonathon Ross and he was horny as hell lol.
Gosling probably sees him as an inspiration due to his CV and let's face it gosling is a good looking man.
I think their chemistry looks great in nice guys

Plus I said "I wouldn't be surprised"

Let's just see in the promotional interviews etc

got you.

I like Gosling too, exept in the big short. some how did not like his performance at all. Bale was pure gold - as always.

got you.

I like Gosling too, exept in the big short. some how did not like his performance at all. Bale was pure gold - as always.

Yeah I didn't think much of that film.
I also thought bale was good and carell too.
But the film bored me tbh