bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Blade Runner 2049

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Denis Villeneuve[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Gosling,[/ACTOR] Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Dave Bautista, Lennie James

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
aMpyrCizvSdc0UIMblJ1srVgAEF.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB

Harrison Ford back for a sequel -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31657466

blade_runner.jpg
bladerunner2049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So since it's been confirmed to be a bit of a flop at the box office (I thought the marketing would push it harder but oh well not like the original was an immediate hit either) I think I'll be seeing it again tomorrow before they pull it from my local screens. :watch:

Yeah, It didn't have the best opening weekend sadly. But I'm hoping it will have some legs.
It doesn't have a lot of competition this month. Probably one of the horror films coming out in the next few weeks will be a hit with Halloween coming.

I wonder if the runtime and the reputation of the original being "boring" is keeping people away?
I really hope word of mouth will encourage people to watch this in the theater, its worth seeing it on the biggest screen possible.

Yeah, It didn't have the best opening weekend sadly. But I'm hoping it will have some legs.
It doesn't have a lot of competition this month. Probably one of the horror films coming out in the next few weeks will be a hit with Halloween coming.

I wonder if the runtime and the reputation of the original being "boring" is keeping people away?
I really hope word of mouth will encourage people to watch this in the theater, its worth seeing it on the biggest screen possible.

I think they sold it in a pretty weird fashion. Blade Runner took its time to gain its status and the trailers and promos came out for this looking like any other sci-fi action movie. Blade Runner was not just another run of the mill sci-fi flick as we all know. While it earned its reputation with film buffs, the general public never truly warmed to it en masse. I think alot of people had a hard time with Harrison as really more of an anti-hero as well. Honestly the feeling I guess that I'm settling on with 2049 is that its almost a prestige project and one that maybe only really cares about satisfying the hardcore fanbase. Still like the first movie perhaps it'll find itself a larger audience over time... you just never know what kind of life a movie will take on down the line. The fact that seemingly most people who have been to see it rate it pretty highy is as good a sign as any.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I was in aweeeeee when looking at the movie and couldn't think how THEY could achieve such a masterpiece while on the other end of the spectre:
6CBLmW0.png

Oh and BTW, just watched this (yes I'm a fan of the original) and BOY this 2049 is good!!! Loved the story and of course, the visuals are breathtaking... and let's admit that Ana adds a little "fun" to the whole experience too (making K more human I mean...)
tumblr_ovo97hjLmT1vqbvcbo2_r1_540.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007