Blade Runner (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: November 13, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £19.99 (Amazon & HMV) - £22.99 (Zavvi)

11533506-1144508416607889.jpg

11533506-9664508701298298.jpg
11533506-6954508701426251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was really pleased when I saw it announced, but this is about as disappointing as it gets.

Anyone who pays that amount needs their head examined. Money for old rope.

Everyone complaining about the Amazon price, relax. They always have high pre-order prices. The price will drop and you'll get the price that it drops the lowest too, even if it drops then increases before release.

Easy pass for me though. I have the collector's set from a few years ago. 4K or GTFO.

I just don't get it, why is this less the 4K disc ?, I thought this was the point of the Final Cut re-release..?

This is just the sort of thing that makes me regret ever getting into steelbooks, movie studios screwing customers over and over, and making utter mugs out of us.

I for one won't be ordering, quite happy with my standard US 5 disc set, I've had for years.

Utterly shameful...

Disregard that silly framing border cutting through the artwork on the mock-ups here in the U.K.

Confirmed same steelbook as released previously.

Proper mock-up (for France) vs. mock-up for the U.K.:-
upload_2017-8-16_15-34-17.png
upload_2017-8-16_15-37-22.png

Reactions: robbodoc
As a huge sci fi fan and lover of scott I've only ever seen this film once and I hated it lol. I really wanted to enjoy it but just couldn't get on with it.

I couldn't tell you what version it was though so I should give the "definitive version" a go (or another go if it's the version I've already seen) because I really like the look of the new film and the director hasn't made a bad film yet

As a huge sci fi fan and lover of scott I've only ever seen this film once and I hated it lol. I really wanted to enjoy it but just couldn't get on with it.

I couldn't tell you what version it was though so I should give the "definitive version" a go (or another go if it's the version I've already seen) because I really like the look of the new film and the director hasn't made a bad film yet

The Final Cut is generally perceived as the preferred cut. If you haven't already checked out that version then I'd highly recommend you do mate, the theatrical ending is too ponderous and doesn't really gel but the FC is a masterpiece IMO. But I get why not all people like it, the Vangelis score was quite divisive from what I remember.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo

It's takes a few viewings to appreciate the film
Most first viewings especially the theatrical cut can be hard to watch and especially if your tired as you will likely end up falling asleep :LOL:

The Directors cut or Final Cut is best cut to view first and it's recommended after viewing dangerous days making of blade runner and then viewing the theatrical cut

When the film was first released lot did not get the film and was later it became a cult classic when released on home video and later Dvd releases

I saw the film in the cinema back in 1982 and fell asleep and same happened with later video and Dvd viewings :LOL:

When you watch dangerous days you get a better understanding of the film

The Final Cut is generally perceived as the preferred cut. If you haven't already checked out that version then I'd highly recommend you do mate, the theatrical ending is too ponderous and doesn't really gel but the FC is a masterpiece IMO. But I get why not all people like it, the Vangelis score was quite divisive from what I remember.

Cheers, I'm going to give the final cut a go. I wouldn't even be able to remember what version I've already seen but I'm up for giving it another go

I know about all the history of versions anyway and what came first etc and cult status but I'd rather watch the final cut as Ridley had full control over it and his original vision.

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I just don't get it, why is this less the 4K disc ?, I thought this was the point of the Final Cut re-release..?

This is just the sort of thing that makes me regret ever getting into steelbooks, movie studios screwing customers over and over, and making utter mugs out of us.

I for one won't be ordering, quite happy with my standard US 5 disc set, I've had for years.

Utterly shameful...

I've got the same 5 disc set, totally agree with you no point in upgrading to a single disc that is well overpriced.