Blade Runner (Special Edition Digipack) (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: September 25, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £39.99 (Zavvi) - £34.99 (Hmv - Amazon)

11533443-1244508388223530.jpg

4K UHD Disc

• Final Cut Feature
    • Intro by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Screenwriters
    • Commentary by Technical Crew
Blu-ray Disc 1

• Final Cut Feature
    • Intro by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Screenwriters
    • Commentary by Technical Crew
Blu-ray Disc 2

• Director's Cut
    • Original Domestic cut
    • Original International Theatrical Cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Director's Cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Original Domestic cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Original International Theatrical Cut
Blu-ray Disc 3

• Workprint featurette
    • Workprint introduction by Ridley Scott
    • Workprint commentary by future noir author Paul M. Sammon
    • Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner documentary
    • The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick featurette
    • Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film featurette
    • Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews featurette
    • Signs of the Times: Graphic Design featurette
    • Fashion Forward: Wardrobe and Styling featurette
    • Screen Tests: Rachel and Pris featurette
    • The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth featurette
    • Deleted and Alternate Scenes - Including introduction by Ridley Scott
    • On the Set featurette
    • Convention reel
    • Behind-the-scenes outtakes
    • 1981 teaser trailer
    • 1982 theatrical trailer
    • 1982 TV spot - trailers and TV spot
    • 1992 Director's Cut trailer
    • 2007 Dangerous Days teaser trailer
    • 2007 Final Cut trailer
    • Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art featurette
    • Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard featurette
    • Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers featurette
    • All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut featurette
    • Blade Runner Stills Gallery ## 1,042 Images

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lionet and gigan72
YES!! This is exactly what i wanted from a blade runner box all these years, a nice thick slipbox with a digipack and booklet, dreams come true after all :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Ah man, mine just arrived, the trays have been shattered during shiping and the digipack is crinkled as well, hope the replacement copy will be in better shape..

Ah man, mine just arrived, the trays have been shattered during shiping and the digipack is crinkled as well, hope the replacement copy will be in better shape..
Sorry to hear that, as I know this has been the set you have been waiting on. Hope it gets resolved for you in a timely manner so you can enjoy this set in all it's spendor.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vega
Sorry to hear that, as I know this has been the set you have been waiting on. Hope it gets resolved for you in a timely manner so you can enjoy this set in all it's spendor.

Yeah man, they shipped it in such a thin cardboard it's like a thing between paper and actual cardboard. Got my apocalypse now redux from amazon uk as well and it arrived absolutely pristine, so i hope i'll be lucky next time :)

Disappointed that the booklet is a reprint of the previous hardcover version that was included in the previous Blu-ray boxset that came with the miniature vehicle/car.

Which cut of this is best and/or watch first?
Thanks

The Final Cut
Especially if you want to view the best version and if you have not seen any version of the film yet
I would then suggest after watching the final cut you watch the excellent Dangerous Days Documentary that's on the Blu-ray extras disc

After viewing the dangerous days documentary then watch the Theatrical Cut and Director's Cut and then the workprint version

If you are anyway tired you likely will fall asleep if you watch the Theatrical Cut as your first choice if you never watched any version of the film yet :LOL:

Only watch the Dangerous Days Documentary after you watched the film itself as the Documentary contains spoilers

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
The Final Cut
Especially if you want to view the best version and if you have not seen any version of the film yet
I would then suggest after watching the final cut you watch the excellent Dangerous Days Documentary that's on the Blu-ray extras disc

After viewing the dangerous days documentary then watch the Theatrical Cut and Director's Cut and then the workprint version

If you are anyway tired you likely will fall asleep if you watch the Theatrical Cut as your first choice if you never watched any version of the film yet :LOL:

Only watch the Dangerous Days Documentary after you watched the film itself as the Documentary contains spoilers

Thank you for your answer makes a lot of sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
The Final Cut

Thank you for your answer makes a lot of sense.
The workprint is a favorite of mine - because it is the famous "Denver/Dallas Cut" that led directly to the alterations that would manifest as the Theatrical cut. It includes things that did not make it into either the Theatrical/Director/Final Cuts. (Also, the last reel has Planet of The Apes music instead of Vangelis because the music was not yet finished for that part of the film).
It is a workprint (and therefore pretty loose)- but it is the uncut raw vision that Ridley had before all the alterations.
Dangerous Days is one the greatest "making of" documentaries ever made. It was directed by Charles de Lauzirika - and if you don't know his name, you know his work. He has made just about every great "Special Edition" DVD/Blu ray/Laserdisc Out there. Alien Quadrilogy set, Alien & Aliens Special Editions, Terminator Special Editions - he puts those all together.
He's the Spielberg of Special Editions and "Making of Docs" on discs - and
Dangerous Days is his Masterpiece. 3 hours never seemed so short!
IMG_3932.JPG

Last edited: