Premium Supporter
Jan 10, 2013
Germany
Release date: December 2, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 2,278 - ¥ 1,393

91LxxN4NFeL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agreed the Japanese looks better. Love to get my hands on these copies. Zavvi ones look simple.

I prefer the back art on the Canadian one. Forgetting what she's done in the past, Traci Lords is still pretty hot. Also there's no credits.

I agreed the Japanese looks better. Love to get my hands on these copies. Zavvi ones look simple.
There is no UK Steelbook for the first Blade movie. Only these Japanese and Canadian editions.

Which is a bit silly that they released parts 2 and 3 in steelbook in the UK but not the first.....

I prefer the back art on the Canadian one. Forgetting what she's done in the past, Traci Lords is still pretty hot. Also there's no credits.
Yes, there are pros and cons between the two.

I like the spot glossed front cover of the Canadian one compared to the Japanese one but the image is badly cropped.

Although both are matte, the finish on the Japanese one is much superior all round than the Canadian one. With that Canadian Blade it was nearly impossible to find a copy that didn't have paint chips or was dented....

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
There is no UK Steelbook for the first Blade movie. Only these Japanese and Canadian editions.

Which is a bit silly that they released parts 2 and 3 in steelbook in the UK but not the first.....[/QUOT

Which is a bit silly that they released parts 2 and 3 in steelbook in the UK but not the first.....

They have not released any yet. Date push back antill the new year.

Just be aware that Japanese steelbook is plain matte finish whereas Canadian steelbook has very nice spot gloss on Blade.
If the film itself is important to you...

The Japanese has the following Special Features:

• Extras:
    "La Magra" featurette (14:08)
    "Designing Blade" featurette (22:31)
    "Origins of Blade: A Look at Dark Comics" featurette (12:10)
    "The Blood Tide" featurette (20:02)
    Theatrical Trailer (2:09)

• Audio Commentary with actor/producer Wesley Snipes, actor Steven Dorff, screenwriter David S. Goyer, producer Peter Frankfurt, production designer Kirk M. Petruccelli, and cinematographer Theo van de Sande

The Canadian disc is Vanilla. None of these features are on it.

Japanese also has 6.1 DTS-HD MA whereas the Canadian has 5.1