Blood Simple (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 26, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order February 17 at around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11686921-2194554282765951.jpg

11686921-2054554327703191.jpg

Great movie
Shite steelbook.
Awaiting inevitable gushing review by virkia

“Stick your finger up the wrong person’s a–”

Sorry to disappoint . . . liking the images - especially the back - but that cropped pistol irritates me tremendously athough admittedly not as much as you irritate me . . .

Anyway, prefer the remake set in a different time and place and undertitled, "A Woman, a Gun and a Noodle Shop"
upload_2018-2-14_22-58-57.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the lower right hand side print, "THE DEBUT FILM FROM JOEL AND ETHAN COEN" : Don't mind it al all . . . no different after all to what we see on some of the Tarantino steelbooks . . . at least here not combined with the title making for a wodge of text . . . and definitely not as distracting as the "DC" logo on ML's WONDER WOMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE:-
upload_2018-2-15_0-0-4.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-30-51.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-33-6.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-35-21.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-47-24.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-55-40.png
upload_2018-2-14_23-57-36.png

Last edited:
:LOL::bag:

I've never seen the film to be honest, but have wanted to for the longest time, since most things by the Coen's tend to be masterpieces!
You need to see it mate, one of my favourite Coen movies! Definatly worth watching if you are a fan.:)
The Steelbook looks decent but that cropped gun is a little distracting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
You need to see it mate, one of my favourite Coen movies! Definatly worth watching if you are a fan.:)
The Steelbook looks decent but that cropped gun is a little distracting.
Cheers mate, I'll be sure to give it a watch soon! :thumbs:

The cropped gun and vertical text are my only issues with this... apart from that I really like it, especially the colours. Hopefully it'll be glossy!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
Cheers mate, I'll be sure to give it a watch soon! :thumbs:

The cropped gun and vertical text are my only issues with this... apart from that I really like it, especially the colours. Hopefully it'll be glossy!
Definatly needs to be gloss so the colours pop!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
that moment when of your favourite films gets the zavvi steelbook treatment and the art is ehhh at best. Grosse Pointe Blank the same but the art slightly less bad. American Psycho still way way way way way worse. Ah well, I have an Asian slip version of Blood Simple. Don't love the art on that either but as there was no UK blu ray release hands were kinda tied.

anyone who hasn't seen it, this film is amazing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill