Blue is the Warmest Colour (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Ex. No.4 - Second Edition) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 28th, 2015 (The pre-order date is November 27th, 2015)
Purchase links:
Plainarchive.com
Triple Pack (with Ernest & Celestine A+B)
Quad Pack (with Ernest & Celestine A+B, The King of jokgu)
Price: $32.49
Note : PA004 Blue is the Warmest Colour Second Edition starts at minimum print run of 1,500. But if you place a pre-order before the end of December 6th, you're guaranteed a copy regardless. The actual print run, therefore could end up bigger than 1,500.

12307422_780649915412826_7928451289200332188_o.jpg

BITWC_Sticker.jpg

tumblr_nwu5al1Yrw1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Video! - Its official - PA is in the $$$ game - They (dont care) care about their first collectors/customers...

Last edited:
Reactions: anae31
What's your point exactly? Does this version looks like the first one or what am I missing here? I don't own the first edition so I am seriously interested in this one.

Probably because it's the same number? Does seem like an overreaction - a company likes some easy money what a shocker right? :LOL: Personally don't care for this version but no doubt some people will want it. Also good for people who aren't picky and missed out last time in getting a copy of the original version. PA are in it to make money at the end of the day and continue to make money they shall. I think for anyone reading this as some kind of collector betrayal should just take a deep breath and remind themselves that they're not obligated to buy a copy.

@flugel83

for sure its not a 1:1 re release...french title, another frontcover.
But the finish seems the same and the style looks identical.if i had known this before, me (and i am sure) some other people wouldnt speed that $150 or more for the 1st release. Of coure most people will say "I need them both".
Its a infinite discussion whats the "best" for collectors. Lets stay a release alone and all the people who own it are happy they own something special. Or re-release something and make more people happy, but making some people sad.
For me its just riding the cash train. I had no problem when they did a 2nd release with a different design like melancholia, but this is just doing $$$ imo.

Anyway PA lost a lot credit of me. But also i know, they dont care.. ;)

Well I think it is way too easy to say PA is just trying to cash with this second release, but I can understand the frustration when you paid a fortune to own the first release. For me it's quite simple because I will never ever pay those expensive eBay prices. If I missed a GB, pre-order of whatsoever, that's just a pity. In case of La Vie D'Adele it's a great opportunity for the ones who missed the first one.

Reactions: Tchalla
@flugel83

for sure its not a 1:1 re release...french title, another frontcover.
But the finish seems the same and the style looks identical.if i had known this before, me (and i am sure) some other people wouldnt speed that $150 or more for the 1st release. Of coure most people will say "I need them both".
Its a infinite discussion whats the "best" for collectors. Lets stay a release alone and all the people who own it are happy they own something special. Or re-release something and make more people happy, but making some people sad.
For me its just riding the cash train. I had no problem when they did a 2nd release with a different design like melancholia, but this is just doing $$$ imo.

Anyway PA lost a lot credit of me. But also i know, they dont care.. ;)

take it this way. original numered will have it's position as number one. but we who missed it can give a finger to scalpers and buy this one. for me this will do just fine.

:thumbs:

Reactions: Last Lizard
PA004 Blue is the Warmest Colour Second Edition starts at minimum print run of 1,500. But if you place a pre-order before the end of December 6th, you're guaranteed a copy regardless. The actual print run, therefore could end up bigger than 1,500.

Interesting. Does kind of feel like a direct response to the ebay prices and the desire to make sure everyone who wants one won't have to deal with disappointment/inflated prices again. At the risk of annoying the collector mentality I think it's a good idea. Part of the appeal is of course knowing some of your low print items will become sought after but it's nice when everyone can manage to get what they want as well. :D:angel:

I for one am happy for this release, because I passed on the 1st release and regretted it later. I was going to pass on this one as well until these new pics.