Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 19th of October, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi - Live Saturday 18:00 UK time
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 1000 copies

11164656-1414326698728788.jpg

11164656-1674326698717772.jpg 11164656-3544326698886909.jpg 11164656-1254326698710086.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a case of Italy vs. the U.K. then Italy won with this one.

Now let's see what happens today with 'Spartacus' - I expect to see more life on that thread than this because of the controversy surrounding the re-mastered disc.

EDIT: Italian 'Spartacus' steelbook suddenly N / A - I suppose because of the old disc / re-mastered disc issue ?

Last edited:
I've ordered this, but it's a blind buy for me. Never seen it and I'm not sure if it's my kind of film or not, but I'm a car guy and I haven't seen the famous car chase in this film yet. So I may keep the order, just for that.

I've ordered this, but it's a blind buy for me. Never seen it and I'm not sure if it's my kind of film or not, but I'm a car guy and I haven't seen the famous car chase in this film yet. So I may keep the order, just for that.

It is slick so funny and the music . You WILL be walking round doing the Mashed Potato, Fly , Monkey shaking your tail feather .

Rewatch value is infinite soundtrack is a marvel . OH and MORE THAN ONE memerable car chase .

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
It is slick so funny and the music . You WILL be walking round doing the Mashed Potato, Fly , Monkey shaking your tail feather .

Rewatch value is infinite soundtrack is a marvel . OH and MORE THAN ONE memerable car chase .
Thanks, but that's not helping. I hate musicals. :grumpy:

No love for any of these - not even one ?:-

THE PRODUCERS
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
GREASE
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
MARY POPPINS
OLIVER!
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT

And who can forget the great tunes in the Disney animated classics such as THE JUNGLE BOOK or LADY AND THE TRAMP or FROZEN to name but a few ?

Admittedly most of the 'classic' musicals fom the 1950's & very early 1960's and before, apart from THE KING AND I and maybe WEST SIDE STORY, leave me cold.

Last edited:
You're not going to like it then.

Seriously, if you're expecting an action comedy or you hate movies where they spontaneously burst into song (Aretha Franklin in the diner scene or Ray Charles in the music store scene) then this isn't for you.

Reactions: Flash
No love for any of these - not even one ?:-

THE PRODUCERS
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
GREASE
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
MARY POPPINS
OLIVER!
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT

And who can forget the great tunes in the Disney animated classics such as THE JUNGLE BOOK or LADY AND THE TRAMP or FROZEN to name but a few ?

Admittedly most of the 'classic' musicals fom the 1950's & very early 1960's apart from THE KING AND I and maybe WEST SIDE STORY leave me 'shaken not stirred' :)

NOPE NO NOT EVER NO . Thats why I haven't done Frozen yet catawaling .

You're not going to like it then.

Seriously, if you're expecting an action comedy or you hate movies where they spontaneously burst into song (Aretha Franklin in the diner scene or Ray Charles in the music store scene) then this isn't for you.

Yhea they burst into song its not hard on your ears though and the looks on Jake and Elwoods face with T.H.I.N.K . Loads more to this than the singing . I have hung on to get the BluRay of this .

I know some think frount back should be switched I LOVE IT AS IS .

Reactions: BluSteel2012
And this is a definite improvement on the Blu-ray slipcover with that annoying "CONTAINS A DIGITAL COPY" part of the design that should have been a sticker (n)

Last edited:
well week to go still available for pre-order, just cancelled this will come down in price i suspect if not can live without.

if anyone thinking of cancelling suggest doing now before getting charged

basil :thumbs:

If it's the same disc as in my 2011 slipcover edition, and I don't see why it shouldn't be, the disc in the steelbook will have both cuts of the film on it :)

Reactions: Scary Hair