The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Bram Stoker's Dracula
Price: £13.99

11173993-1034330577233617.jpg

I want to get this but I'll either wait for Italy to get more stock or zavvi to dramatically drop in price in about a month and half.

Couldn't give a toss if the j card is not in English, I take them off and put them in a box anyway. Same steel so I'm not bothered.

I think this is the thread for the Zavvi exclusive other versions should be discussed in their own threads :)

The pop art series are all pretty awesome but this one is gorgeous

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Doesn't mention anything about this one having the 4K remaster either......

11173993-1334330577220444.jpg

I have the Amazon USA Supreme Series Digibook on its way to me and that is the 4K transfer with new extras

The Back of the Jcard shown on Zavvi website don't list any of the new extras so it is possible this wont be the new 4K transfer as it don't list the new extras

Missing extras not listed on Zavvi Jcard
4K Transfer Disc new extras
1)Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker's Dracula
2)Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son
3)Audio English: Dolby Atmos

This looks to be a gaffe by Sony UK. Although there is no mention on the J-card of this being the new 4k remastered disc or, for that matter, any mention of the inclusion of the new extras ported over from the Criterion LD, the clue that this is indeed the new disc is provided by the language tracks.

DTS-HD MA 5.1 English. DD 5.1 Czech, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

These are identical to the language tracks of the recent German and Spanish editions, already released and confirmed to be the new disc, as well as the Scandinavian edition, due for release on the 26th October and also confirmed to be the new disc. The presence of an Italian language track also supports the premise that the forthcoming Italian Steelbook will also include the new disc.

The language tracks of the previous UK Blu-ray were very different.

PCM 5.1 English. DD 5.1 English, Czech, French, Hungarian, Polish, Russian.

It looks very much to be the case that this will be the new disc, although anything is possible given Universal's blunder with this month's other high profile catalogue release.

Simple solution is Zavvi sell at the same price as Amazon Italy and not end up missing out on sales and be left with unsold stock
Zavvi will in a few months end up dropping the price to sell them as most already have been ordering from a source that's cheaper
They already had to do this with the previous Pop Art Steelbooks reduce the price to sell them

These Pop Art Steelbook releases are exact same in every respect no difference at all in Europe
USA/Canada yes there was some differences like Desperado and they had other titles not released in Europe

The Pop Art steelbooks are a sony release manufactured by Scanavo and offered to various retailers across europe
Jcards are made by a different company and are separate to design and production of a steelbook
Pop Art Jcards in Europe most are the same with these release with minor differences and majority are in English on the front
Back of the jcard will be the language of that country for specs of the release
Uk Jcards will be only different on the front by having ratings logos

The PopArt Steelbook releases in Europe are the exact same and the Disc inside will be the exact same

Sony offer these steelbooks at the same dealer price to retailers and even less to likes of Zavvi as they would have even further discounts built in as in a file discount and other discounts

I keep Jcards with my steelbooks all of them but it don't matter to me if the language on the front or back is not in English
It is the Steelbook itself that matters what language it in
I does though matter to me the steelbook title itself be in English when there is a title on the front/spine steelbook itself
If a steelbook release the title on the steelbook is not in english then I will get the UK release instead majority of the time

But I have broken that rule on a few occasions if the price difference is a factor and some ended up been better steelbook with debossing/embossing and been a gloss finish instead of been matte finish

These Pop Art Steelbook all are in English on the Front and Spine in Europe they are the exact same steelbook
They are from the same batch from Sony sold by various retailers across europe

If any of you missed out on Zavvi Taxi Driver and Desperado Pop Art Steelbooks
The exact same steelbooks can be pre ordered from Amazon Italy release date Nov 11th

Last edited:
Ordered but will watch it now and remind myself of what it was like, cant say I was too impressed first time around but it has very good reviews and being remastered it could look exceptional

Simple solution is Zavvi sell at the same price as Amazon Italy and not end up missing out on sales and be left with unsold stock
Zavvi will in a few months end up dropping the price to sell them as most already have been ordering from a source that's cheaper
They already had to do this with the previous Pop Art Steelbooks reduce the price to sell them

These Pop Art Steelbook releases are exact same in every respect no difference at all in Europe
USA/Canada yes there was some differences like Desperado and they had other titles not released in Europe

The Pop Art steelbooks are a sony release manufactured by Scanavo and offered to various retailers across europe
Jcards are made by a different company and are separate to design and production of a steelbook
Pop Art Jcards in Europe most are the same with these release with minor differences and majority are in English on the front
Back of the jcard will be the language of that country for specs of the release
Uk Jcards will be only different on the front by having ratings logos

The PopArt Steelbook releases in Europe are the exact same and the Disc inside will be the exact same

Sony offer these steelbooks at the same dealer price to retailers and even less to likes of Zavvi as they would have even further discounts built in as in a file discount and other discounts

I keep Jcards with my steelbooks all of them but it don't matter to me if the language on the front or back is not in English
It is the Steelbook itself that matters what language it in
I does though matter to me the steelbook title itself be in English when there is a title on the front/spine steelbook itself
If a steelbook release the title on the steelbook is not in english then I will get the UK release instead majority of the time

But I have broken that rule on a few occasions if the price difference is a factor and some ended up been better steelbook with debossing/embossing and been a gloss finish instead of been matte finish

These Pop Art Steelbook all are in English on the Front and Spine in Europe they are the exact same steelbook
They are from the same batch from Sony sold by various retailers across europe

If any of you missed out on Zavvi Taxi Driver and Desperado Pop Art Steelbooks
The exact same steelbooks can be pre ordered from Amazon Italy release date Nov 11th

It is likely that all editions will be the same but the UK edition of Desperado was different to the others so there is no guarantee.

It is likely that all editions will be the same but the UK edition of Desperado was different to the others so there is no guarantee.

A number have foreign writing on the front and the J card which I personally don't want so would prefer to get UK editions.

I think this is the thread for the Zavvi exclusive other versions should be discussed in their own threads :)

The pop art series are all pretty awesome but this one is gorgeous

I fear you are wasting your time trying to be reasonable as this forum has been hijacked and overrun by Zavvi haters - the company which singlehandedly supplies 99% of our U.K. steelbooks - and consequently haters of the U.K. steelbooks itself.

If by chance you don't believe me I'd like to take this opportunity to direct your attention to the last few pages of the BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY U.K LIMITED EDITION TO 1,000 release thread and you will see to what I refer.

The main issue from what I can make out is THE PRICING of the U.K. steelbook - which is something that applies to ALL U.K. retailers and NOT JUST to Zavvi - against the pricing of the so-called same steelbook from other European countries.

I think this is a non-issue and in an ideal world these characters who grab any opportunity to lay into anyone who has any positive comment to make about Zavvi (and U.K. steelbooks) should move out of these U.K. threads designed for U.K. steelbooks and go where they belong - and that is to threads designed for steelbooks for other European countries as I personally am getting fed up to the back teeth of being reminded of the thousand-and-one places I can buy the so-called same steelbook for half of the price of the U.K. edition.

Anyway,keep up the good fight as I will and don't be discouraged by the negativity and the mocking and the unsaid and insulting implication that because we buy U.K. steelbooks we are retarded in some way.

Reactions: lgans316 and Flash
I fear you are wasting your time trying to be reasonable as this forum has been hijacked and overrun by Zavvi haters - the company which singlehandedly supplies 99% of our U.K. steelbooks - and consequently haters of the U.K. steelbooks itself.

If by chance you don't believe me I'd like to take this opportunity to direct your attention to the last few pages of the BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY U.K LIMITED EDITION TO 1,000 release thread and you will see to what I refer.

The main issue from what I can make out is THE PRICING of the U.K. steelbook - which is something that applies to ALL U.K. retailers and NOT JUST to Zavvi - against the pricing of the so-called same steelbook from other European countries.

I think this is a non-issue and in an ideal world these characters who grab any opportunity to lay into anyone who has any positive comment to make about Zavvi (and U.K. steelbooks) should move out of these U.K. threads designed for U.K. steelbooks and go where they belong - and that is to threads designed for steelbooks for other European countries as I personally am getting fed up to the back teeth of being reminded of the thousand-and-one places I can buy the so-called same steelbook for half of the price of the U.K. edition.

Anyway,keep up the good fight as I will and don't be discouraged by the negativity and the mocking and the unsaid and insulting implication that because we buy U.K. steelbooks we are retarded in some way.

Very well said and I totally agree but don't worry I am not so easy fazed by ramblings, they can say and do as they please.

We are all entitled to opinions and what we choose to buy. I want and like UK steelbook with no foreign writing anywhere simply people saying "..oh it's cheaper if you get the foreign one.."

No offence to anyone who likes them or has no preference either way but when I see the ones like the earlier German releases of Back to the future that said on the front "Zuruck in die Zukunfr"

I don't want that on my steelbook and we are all entitled to get the additions we all want so saying this one or that one is cheaper and the film etc is the same well to be honest we can all get some of these films for peanuts but we chose to buy them again in steel boxes funniest/saddiest one I saw was just after we got the terminatior steels I saw the films on dvd in Cex for like 0.20p each lol but it's the life of steelbook collectors.

I'm sorry but the foreign writing there's just something that it reminds me of years ago dodgy guys at car boot sales selling knock off films and they would have like foreign writing on the covers and they said "...they are the same.." Lol

Anyway back on this steelbook. This is one of my favourite films and can't wait to have this lovely steelbook. I just wish they would hurry up and do a UK Interview with the Vampire steelbook

Reactions: virkia
Very well said and I totally agree but don't worry I am not so easy fazed by ramblings, they can say and do as they please.

We are all entitled to opinions and what we choose to buy. I want and like UK steelbook with no foreign writing anywhere simply people saying "..oh it's cheaper if you get the foreign one.."

No offence to anyone who likes them or has no preference either way but when I see the ones like the earlier German releases of Back to the future that said on the front "Zuruck in die Zukunfr"

I don't want that on my steelbook and we are all entitled to get the additions we all want so saying this one or that one is cheaper and the film etc is the same well to be honest we can all get some of these films for peanuts but we chose to buy them again in steel boxes funniest/saddiest one I saw was just after we got the terminatior steels I saw the films on dvd in Cex for like 0.20p each lol but it's the life of steelbook collectors.

I'm sorry but the foreign writing there's just something that it reminds me of years ago dodgy guys at car boot sales selling knock off films and they would have like foreign writing on the covers and they said "...they are the same.." Lol

Anyway back on this steelbook. This is one of my favourite films and can't wait to have this lovely steelbook. I just wish they would hurry up and do a UK Interview with the Vampire steelbook

Omg it's different if the actual title on the steelbook is in a different language!!!
We are not on about that. A huge bunch of people don't give a **** about foreign text on a j card (that is removable) and if the rest of the steel is in English and the same as the U.K. Steel or from other countries and cheaper then it's a no brainier. Unless you keep them sealed I seriously don't get why getting the same steel from from Germany, France etc is a problem.

How else would you get the signal? Enemy? Howard the duck? 47 Ronin? Nurse 3D? Jupiter ascending? Interstellar? Birdman? John wick? Her? Etc (those are some examples of steels you can't get in the uk but are fine and in English except the j card

Yes your entitled to your opinion on Anything but we are pointing out a fact that nothing really changes apart from the j card and unless you keep the sealed it really don't matter where they are from.

I wouldn't buy back to the future from Germany for the same reason you stated only a few steels get the title in another language.

There are certain exceptions when a steel is different like our glossy desperado but then we lost out on a debossed title on kick ass 2 to Germany. So a few are different from time to time but it's rare.
Also sometimes the finishes are different and other countries get a better finish to us.

If the title on the steel is in foreign I won't buy it, if the spine is upside down I tend to not buy them (I've gone against that rule 3 times plus inside Davis uk was upside down)

I also own a few I can't play but that purley down to art like mondo, German raid and now HDN tenebrae when it's released.

The U.K. Don't always get the best steels so by not importing sometimes your missing out. I was strictly uk for a few years until my eyes were opened

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pop wave turns out as there are a few I want but need pics first apart from hook.
I'm hoping this, hook and da Vinci code are glossy

Last edited:
Omg it's different if the actual title on the steelbook is in a different language!!!
We are not on about that. A huge bunch of people don't give a **** about foreign text on a j card (that is removable) and if the rest of the steel is in English and the same as the U.K. Steel or from other countries and cheaper then it's a no brainier. Unless you keep them sealed I seriously don't get why getting the same steel from from Germany, France etc is a problem.

How else would you get the signal? Enemy? Howard the duck? 47 Ronin? Nurse 3D? Jupiter ascending? Etc (those are some examples of steels you can't get in the uk but are fine and in English except the j card

Yes your entitled to your opinion on English steels but we are pointing out a fact that nothing really changes apart from the j card and unless you keep the sealed it really don't matter where they are from.

I wouldn't buy back to the future from Germany for the same reason you stated only a few steels get the title in another language.

There are certain exceptions when a steel is different like our glossy desperado but then we lost out on a debossed title on kick ass 2 to Germany. So a few are different from time to time but it's rare.
Also sometimes the finishes are different and other countries get a better finish to us.

If the title on the steel is in foreign I won't buy it, if the spine is upside down I tend to not buy them (I've gone against that rule 3 times plus inside Davis uk was upside down)

I also own a few I can't play but that purley down to art like mondo, German raid and now HDN tenebrae when it's released.

The U.K. Don't always get the best steels so by not importing sometimes your missing out. I was strictly uk for a few years until my eyes were opened

It's a matter of opinion, if I can't get it in the UK i just buy normal amaray I don't want foreign steels, each to their own

Let's move on shall we ;)

How does everyone rate this as a film in the mass of vampire flicks?

It's a matter of opinion, if I can't get it in the UK i just buy normal amaray I don't want foreign steels, each to their own

Let's move on shall we ;)

How does everyone rate this as a film in the mass of vampire flicks?

Lol
Your like a steelbook racist.

Baffles me. So what if it's a foreign steelbook (say from USA) and has English text on the j card?
Would you still not get it because it's foreign? Or is that ok because the writing on the throwaway paper is in English?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Lol
Your like a steelbook racist.

Baffles me. So what if it's a foreign steelbook (say from USA) and has English text on the j card?
Would you still not get it because it's foreign? Or is that ok because the writing on the throwaway paper is in English?

No I only purchase from within the UK, can you please stop rambling, it's extremely tedious, simply discuss the film and this specific steelbook

Off to bed ;)

Last edited:
Apologies, my post was a simple act of adding levity to an increasingly ridiculous (yet highly amusing) game of verbal table tennis ;)

Reactions: Flash