Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Bram Stoker's Dracula
Price: £13.99

11173993-1034330577233617.jpg

The UK IS the 4k remaster

Certainly no mention on the j-card if that's the case - no mention of "4K" and no mention of "re-mastered" which you would surely expect to find if it was.
I believe the only re-mastered disc available of this film ATM is in the German Amaray for about the same price as this steelbook.

EDIT: Looking at the back of the slip of the 2012 "Special Edition" I can see:
AUDIO: ENGLISH 5.1 (ORIGINAL LANGUAGE), ENGLISH 5.1 PCM, CZECH/FRENCH/HUNGARIAN 5.1, RUSSIAN 4.0 LCRS, POLISH 5.1 VO
There are several more subtitle options on the previous edition than on this new one though including CHINESE (TRADIONAL MANDARIN), DUTCH, FRENCH, KOREAN, THAI, ENGLISH U.S.

Same special features on both editions as listed on the backs - new special features not listed on the steelbook data card so therefore these must be only on the menu.

Last edited:
AUDIO: ENGLISH 5.1 DTS-HD MA, CZECH, GERMAN, HUNGARIAN, ITALIAN, POLISH VO, SPANISH 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL, RUSSIAN 4.0 LCRS
These audio tracks are the ones of the new remastered edition (Europe doesn't get the Dolby Atmos track), same tracks as the 4K remastered german in amaray: previous disc got PCM tracks for all main languages (ENG/ITA/GER/SPA)

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
These audio tracks are the ones of the new remastered edition (Europe doesn't get the Dolby Atmos track), same tracks as the 4K remastered german in amaray: previous disc got PCM tracks for all main languages (ENG/ITA/GER/SPA)
Are they definitely on the disc? Or are they just being read off the back of the J-card though (which could be a misprint)

The languages listed on the UK J-card are those of the new European 4k remastered disc, however, these were also listed, incorrectly, on the German J-card.

The only way to tell conclusively which disc is included is to check the language menu of the disc itself.

If the disc's menu shows a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track then it's the new disc. However, if it shows a PCM 5.1 track then it's the old disc.

The languages listed on the UK J-card are those of the new European 4k remastered disc, however, these were also listed, incorrectly, on the German J-card.

The only way to tell conclusively which disc is included is to check the language menu of the disc itself.

If the disc's menu shows a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track then it's the new disc. However, if it shows a PCM 5.1 track then it's the old disc.
Nail and head!

That's what I was thinking.

So what have we got here then a new soundtrack but old transfer ?
New loading screen and menu, I'm looking at scenes on both discs, sound is easily recognisable as being upgraded but I am struggling to spot any diffeneces in the image quality.

Anyone know of any particularly crap looking scenes that I can compare?

Reactions: kingkarl1967
New loading screen and menu, I'm looking at scenes on both discs, sound is easily recognisable as being upgraded but I am struggling to spot any diffeneces in the image quality.

Anyone know of any particularly crap looking scenes that I can compare?
Does the Disc have these new extras
1)NEW: Audio Commentary: Director Francis Ford Coppola, Visual Effects Director Roman Coppola
2)Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker's Dracula
3)Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son

Does the Disc have these new extras
1)NEW: Audio Commentary: Director Francis Ford Coppola, Visual Effects Director Roman Coppola
2)Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker's Dracula
3)Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son

All of the above + Feancis Ford Coppola Introduction.

Also, I have started to notice a diffenece during the darker scenes, they do appear to be clearer.

And more colour in other scenes.

All of the above + Feancis Ford Coppola Introduction.

Also, I have started to notice a diffenece during the darker scenes, they do appear to be clearer.

And more colour in other scenes.
Its the new 4K transfer Disc then as these extras are only on the New 4K Remastered Disc

In the original too the night time scene in the maze had a strong blueish tint/colour to it. Now in tbe new remaster it should have gone back to being colour again.

So, so far the German steelbook has the old disc and the UK one has the remaster. I wonder where this leaves the Italian one?

Sony distributes this in German but Universal in Italy. Would that have anything to do with it?

Sony distributes this in the UK also though doesn't it?

So, so far the German steelbook has the old disc and the UK one has the remaster. I wonder where this leaves the Italian one?

Sony distributes this in German but Universal in Italy. Would that have anything to do with it?

Sony distributes this in the UK also though doesn't it?
All of the UK Pop Art Steelbooks are a Sony release in the UK