Brave (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 7, 2012
PHX,AZ
Here is hoping this means BBY will have the Brave Viva!
Possible link: Best Buy.com

Group buy for international members here

$7.50

Special Offers:
Free Shipping
Brave (Pre-Sell Collectible Case) (Bby) (DVD)
SKU: 6800822
Format: DVD Release Date: 11/13/2012

Actual pics thanks to urbeenjammin:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/urbeenjammin/P1020831-3.jpg

Attachments

• 33e6dko.jpg
    33e6dko.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 353
  • P1020831-3.jpg
    P1020831-3.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 908
  • P1020852-2.jpg
    P1020852-2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 358
  • P1020859-2.jpg
    P1020859-2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 375
Last edited by a moderator:
Best buy is always so frustrating get there and of course they had none out. Then of course you got find an employee the wait 30 minutes until they find you a copy. Got mine but man best buy is so clueless when it comes to steelbooks.

Reactions: DJ IXS and jcm
Just got back, Picked up a couple of copies for some buddies. Had to stand around for a half an hour while they found them. The manager told an employee where to put them on the shelves, when the kid finally showed up, he said he forgot and all 10 of them were left at the register. Got those and 20 Enteman's Pumpkin Pies. Yummmmm.:hilarious::hilarious:

Such a beauty

picture.php

picture.php

a nice surprise especially before the storm

Last edited:
Each store I went to had about 10. I have to say, these are in much better condition than Cinderella was. I don't know if it is a better paint used, but I did not find anything wrong with any that I looked through. Except the same 2yr old is in the back shrink wrapping them. :cool:

Reactions: steelbook95060
Each store I went to had about 10. I have to say, these are in much better condition than Cinderella was. I don't know if it is a better paint used, but I did not find anything wrong with any that I looked through. Except the same 2yr old is in the back shrink wrapping them. :cool:

You got that right Chris, One of mine had a hole from where they kept the heat gun on a little too long, luckily there was nothing wrong with the surface. I do think they are a lot more durable than Steelbooks, though I still love my Steels.

It definitely seems more limited than past Best Buy releases. Not sure if there will be are re-stocking or not. But if no, then it's hard to get. Not to mention, it's also being released later than prior Steelbooks/Viva Metal Boxes, as usually there's more like a 1 month lead time than 2 weeks.

Not sure who Best Buy is marketing these to, though. I only found out about it because of this forum and I showed up within 2 hours of store opening. And I still had to go to a second store. I get the feeling most of these are heading to eBay and not something the normal customer will have much chance of buying.

Reactions: DJ IXS
This artwork seems to be really nice, could this be the pictures are playing the tricks ?
Sweet colour combination. Great job in taking those picture Ben.

Mod. Edit: Trading/Buying/Selling posts are not permitted in the main VMB threads. Please accumulate more than 30 posts per forum rules in order to gain access to the trading forums.

It was in Sunday's best buy ad you would think with it in the ad they would do a better job at getting these on the shelf.

Went to my BB and could only get one. They had them all in the back and said they are starting to keep pre-orders in the back to keep people from grabbing all them. Maybe this is a good thing..??

Went to my local best buy and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Went through about 5 different employees trying to help me and each one was clueless, even after showing them the ad they continually pointed out the 11/13 release date which made me facepalm myself a few times :wtf::wtf:. They checked in the back and found nothing, I walked out with my head hanging

Has anyone ordered a pre-sell case from the best buy website before? I just tried ordering one and it just concerns me that it lists it as DVD instead of blu ray...

Went to my BB and could only get one. They had them all in the back and said they are starting to keep pre-orders in the back to keep people from grabbing all them. Maybe this is a good thing..??

if they put "limit one" then they have every right to hold them in back ...if there is no limit description then it should be fair game. imho

i've even spoken to managers about whether these are limited per customer and they have all said, if it's not in the ad or signage then they aren't allowed to withhold them from customers

Mod. Edit: No trading/selling/buying posts are permitted in the main metalbox threads. Get to 30 and more posts to gain access to the trading forums and post there for your trading/buying/selling needs. Thank you for your cooperation and participation.

if they put "limit one" then they have every right to hold them in back ...if there is no limit description then it should be fair game. imho

i've even spoken to managers about whether these are limited per customer and they have all said, if it's not in the ad or signage then they aren't allowed to withhold them from customers

Think I might just have to go back and complain on that if there was no mention of a limit. I wanted 2 so I could open 1 and keep the other sealed.

Think I might just have to go back and complain on that if there was no mention of a limit. I wanted 2 so I could open 1 and keep the other sealed.

There is a limit to 5 copies of any item a single customer can bought at any one time but never limited to 1 per customer unless it is clearly stated. Depending on how the "discussion" went and your time availability, you could also come back into the store 5-10 minutes and get another one.

My store limited it to 3 per customer, but the Manager was nice and told me to use the back register and then go to the front register. And if the employee is handing them out 1 at a time to customers, you would have to keep coming back at the workshift change.