Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Breaking Bad: Season 1
Price: £19.99

11028961-1412874594-409974.jpg

11028961-1412874594-410405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively, you can get the entire Steelbook series plus a nice box from the Netherlands, for £102.00 delivered (at current exchange rates - as the cost is 129.47 Euros inc P&P) which includes track & trace shipping to UK - currently cheaper than getting the individual steels from Zavvi.

A great series, but an easy pass for me as I don't like the artwork, plus it's on Netflix.
Art by Ralph Steadman again so should be the same as the German release.
Yep, same as German/Netherlands releases - means they should look like this:

Series 1:

breaking-bad_-seizoen-1-_limited-dutch-steelbook-edition__4838_0.jpg
(Click for fullsize image!)

All Steelbooks (box not included when ordering individual Steelbooks):

-de-complete-serie-_lim_-dutch-steelbook-edit___4837_2.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this artwork?
Nope, I'm definitely not a fan of it. If I was going to buy the series I'd get the Amarays over this any day of the week.

Last edited:
Only the parents of the 5 year old that designed them is gonna like this, who's idea was this to draw these god awful pictures and stick them on one of the most successful TV shows in recent times :wtf:

Hopefully there is a steelbook collection of all of the series in the UK which turns out cheaper, because thisis way overpriced imo... Great to see a UK release though :D

The price probably isn't final, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops to £19.99 when it goes live.

The price probably isn't final, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops to £19.99 when it goes live.
Even if that were the case, it'd still be £17.94 cheaper to get the complete series steelbook box set from the Netherlands if you were after all of them (and you also get the outer box that you don't with individual steels that way).

Plus considering most of the individual breaking bad season box sets on bluray are £18.79 from Zavvi, I'm not convinced they'd drop the price that much.

Last edited:
Even if that were the case, it'd still be £17.94 cheaper to get the complete series steelbook box set from the Netherlands if you were after all of them (and you also get the outer box that you don't with individual steels that way).

Plus considering most of the individual breaking bad season box sets on bluray are £18.79 from Zavvi, I'm not convinced they'd drop the price that much.

They did, the price is now £19.99 ;)

Still a lot of money plus I already own the barrel. I wonder what the print run is. If these were around for a while and dropped even more then I would jump on them.