UK
Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: Bronson (live)
Price: £14.99

11243879-1444363307459379.jpg

11243879-1404363307927628.jpg

11243879-3684363307746830.jpg

Last edited:
The Canadian Kill Bill steels had no logos on the spines.

I hate spines without logos almost as much as I hate front covers without titles. Both of those things instantly make a product look bootleg/unofficial/homemade/cheap to me. I usually assume people who like that kind of thing must not have been exposed to the proliferation of rank-amateur-designed bootleg videotapes, CDs, and DVDs in the 80s and 90s.

Got to disagree with you about the studio and Blu-ray logos on steelbook spines as I'd prefer ALL steelbook spines to omit them altogether - they would look much classier/more elegant without them as in this BRONSON example I mentioned previously.
If they have to be somewhere I'd say the best place to put them is on the slipcover/j-card.
I've even seen the Blu-ray logo on the front of some foreign steels and all I can say to that is . . . excuse me, while I flush the loo.

Last edited:
Got to disagree with you about the studio and Blu-ray logos on steelbook spines as I'd prefer ALL steelbook spines to omit them altogether - they would look much classier/more elegant without them as in this BRONSON example I mentioned previously.
If they have to be somewhere I'd say the best place to put them is on the slipcover/j-card.
I've even seen the Blu-ray logo on the front of some foreign steels and all I can say to that is . . . excuse me, while I flush the loo.

Like I said, you probably haven't been exposed to a lot of crappy-looking, homemade, bootleg design. 'Cause that's what this spine looks like. Nothing classy or elegant about that. Quite the opposite.

But logos or age ratings on a front cover are definitely a no-no.

Last edited:
The Canadian Kill Bill steels had no logos on the spines.

I hate spines without logos almost as much as I hate front covers without titles. Both of those things instantly make a product look bootleg/unofficial/homemade/cheap to me. I usually assume people who like that kind of thing must not have been exposed to the proliferation of rank-amateur-designed bootleg videotapes, CDs, and DVDs in the 80s and 90s.
Like I said, you probably haven't been exposed to a lot of crappy looking homemade bootleg design. 'Cause that's what this spine looks like. Nothing classy or elegant about that. Quite the opposite.

Must be a US thing then, because most UK bootlegs I came across in the 90s were like magazine covers... logos and quotes galore!

Must be a US thing then, because most UK bootlegs I came across in the 90s were like magazine covers... logos and quotes galore!

Really? Do you mean they invented fictitious company logos and put them on the spines? I'm mostly talking about company logos on spines (not so much the "Blu-ray" or "DVD" logos) and movie titles on front covers. I don't like anything other than artwork and a title on a front cover, either.

I'm referring to truly cheap bootlegs made at a time when home computers with design programs aimed at average consumers (or anyone else, for that matter) didn't really exist, so people who made bootlegs didn't even have a way to apply a basic title to cover art, or do anything involving multiple layers in a single image. Such things could only be done with elaborate, expensive, professional setups. Or a Xerox machine . . . which was actually often the case, and that stuff looked even worse than the stuff without titles/logos.

Last edited:
Like I said, you probably haven't been exposed to a lot of crappy-looking, homemade, bootleg design. 'Cause that's what this spine looks like. Nothing classy or elegant about that. Quite the opposite.

Yes, you are quite right, I've never come across bootleg DVDs etc. and consequently have no experience of them.
What I do have is an experience of U.K. steelbooks from the beginning and just glancing across my shelves I've picked out some examples which I feel show that spines with titles and without studio and Blu-ray logos look very clean and elegant and certainly NOT cheap, nasty or tacky:-

These images not taken from my collection as most of mine are still sealed and are in order of release from earliest to latest.
91595.jpg
91583.jpg

118813.jpg

118810.jpg

COMPANY OF WOLVES

GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS

mib-5-jpg.18938

121881.jpg

BAYONETTA: BLOODY FATE

BRONSON poster designed by Thomas Fournier of Oink Creative Designs
BRONSON-Poster-Frame-PSD-MockUp.jpg

13245278_10208860625013479_1561460932941380626_n-jpg.241590

13267778_10208860574532217_8992952954532535703_n-jpg.241580

2016-05-28-15-39-49-jpg.242777

13319877_10208899383662421_3425049873953641177_n-jpg.242791

DQMlP0qU8AI7jcR.jpg:large

Last edited:
True, 'tis a matte finish, but a V.NICE sheen has been created on the red trickles that can be seen to best advantage in some of those unboxing videos such as this one (although taking off the shrinkwrap with a craft knife is a new one to me. .. ).
As mentioned previously it's just a case of tilting the steel left to right as you would one of those flip lentis and hey presto.
Granted it's not in the same league as spot glossing the red as you can only see the effect when you tilt the steel.

Reactions: milky
Last edited:
currently listed as 9.99 and in stock. but they are not shipping. I ordered 5 days ago and they sent me an email stating they were out of stock. WTF

currently listed as 9.99 and in stock. but they are not shipping. I ordered 5 days ago and they sent me an email stating they were out of stock. WTF

I'm in the same boat. Ordered with The Mist and Requiem For A Dream...Only Requiem has shipped.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
I got an e-mail saying "Sorry that the product has not been sent. We are following up and will keep you updated." Yet, they went ahead and charged my credit card already. By gum, what's going on?:confused: I may have to go 'Bronson' on them.:mad: