Upcoming Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Season 8) [NBC]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
CMLnU1BUkAAzA-2.jpg:large

Detective JAKE PERALTA (Samberg) is a good enough cop that he’s never had to work that hard or follow the rules too closely. Perhaps because he has the best arrest record among his colleagues, he’s been enabled – if not indulged – throughout his entire career. That is, until the precinct gets a new commanding officer, Captain RAY HOLT (Braugher), who reminds this hotshot cop to respect the badge.

Jake may have collared more criminals, but Detective AMY SANTIAGO (Melissa Fumero, “One Life to Live,” “Gossip Girl”) is close behind, and she’s keenly aware of how many arrests she needs to close the gap. Amy grew up with seven brothers who were all cops. She’s the first girl in the family to put on a police uniform, and suffice it to say: she’s extremely competitive… about everything.

Also working cases in Brooklyn’s 99th precinct is Sergeant TERRY JEFFORDS (Terry Crews, “Bridesmaids,” “Everybody Hates Chris”), a linebacker of a man who’s lost his nerve, not because he’s a wimp, but because a year ago, his wife had twin baby girls – Cagney and Lacey – and he can’t imagine not seeing them grow up. Detective CHARLES BOYLE (Joe Lo Truglio, “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Superbad”), who idolizes Jake, is the precinct’s workhorse; he’s not that brilliant, he’s not physically gifted, but he tries harder than anyone else. He is in love with Detective ROSA DIAZ (Stephanie Beatriz, “Modern Family,” “The Closer”), with whom he stands no chance at all. Rosa is simultaneously tough and sexy and scary as hell. She’s vocally opinionated about everything. Cleaning up everyone’s mess is GINA LINETTI (Chelsea Peretti, “Parks and Recreation,” “Kroll Show”), the eccentric, civilian office manager who somehow gets involved in everyone’s business.

Together, these tightly knit – or is it tightly wound? – cops interrogate suspects, arrest perps and solve murders. But, ultimately, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE is a workplace comedy that’s not really about the job. It’s about the men and women behind the badge – singing karaoke, eating gourmet ham and hitting on each other – all while protecting the fine people of Brooklyn.

Attachments

• More-Andre-Braugher-and-Andy-Samberg-of-Brooklyn-Nine-Nine..jpg
    More-Andre-Braugher-and-Andy-Samberg-of-Brooklyn-Nine-Nine..jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FanOfGaming
I kinda quit watching after the first 3 episodes, but decided to binge watch the first 8 episodes, and fell in love. Great characters and funny as hell, like it has already been stated by others above me.

Threads merged. Folks lets please perform a search before creating new threads. Thanks :)

@AcIDc0r3 I Did do a search, but I guess with the thread title being "Brooklyn 99" vs "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", I didn't see it for some reason. Sorry.

One thing I just realized, I had thought for some reason that NEW threads were made for each season of a series (cause in the title it says Season 2, or Season 3, etc). But I now realize that is not the case. So I guess that each thread is a general discussion of all seasons from the start of the series? Why do we have the Season # listed in the title then? Sorry for the confusion. (MODs feel free to PM me if you like rather then posting in here)

Last edited:
@AcIDc0r3 I Did do a search, but I guess with the thread title being "Brooklyn 99" vs "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", I didn't see it for some reason. Sorry.

One thing I just realized, I had thought for some reason that NEW threads were made for each season of a series (cause in the title it says Season 2, or Season 3, etc). But I now realize that is not the case. So I guess that each thread is a general discussion of all seasons from the start of the series? Why do we have the Season # listed in the title then? Sorry for the confusion. (MODs feel free to PM me if you like rather then posting in here)
@kaw No worries, I did a search for just the word "Brooklyn" and they both popped up. You might try simplifying your searches to one or two common words which will yield you better results.

I did point out to the member that reported it that one was for season 1 and the other for season 2 and they changed it, so I too thought that the threads were based on seasons but I guess I was wrong. I don't normally moderate this section even though I'm a super moderator I can moderate every section but I guess I know now that the threads are more generalized. Sorry for the confusion. :sorry:

No worries though. :)

@kaw
I too thought that the threads were based on seasons but I guess I was wrong. I don't normally moderate this section even though I'm a super moderator I can moderate every section but I guess I know now that the threads are more generalized. Sorry for the confusion. :sorry:

No worries though. :)

@AcIDc0r3 ...I guess it's just to show what Season the series currently is in, maybe? haha

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lone Crusader
@AcIDc0r3 ...I guess it's just to show what Season the series currently is in, maybe? haha

Yes. It's to show what season the show is currently in. I get little to no help updating the threads, and i work 6 days a week from March-December, so i've pretty much resorted to only updating them when somebody posts in the thread.

Reactions: kaw
Really glad this show was saved last season. It's one of those shows like The Office or Arrested Development, where it's so much better, once you understand all of the characters.

Fox unveiled its midseason schedule, and the big news is that Nine-Nine — which currently airs on Sunday night — is moving back to its old Tuesday stomping ground. Beginning Jan. 5, Andy Samberg’s cop satire will air at 9/8c, where it will lead into Rob Lowe’s The Grinder, which shifts from 8:30 to 9:30.

I watched the first season in a time of 2 or 3 days and absolutely loved it. While most sitcoms are actually not funny, Brooklyn Nine Nine delivers some unbelievable fresh humour. Great jokes, great characters - very rewatchable.

Unfortunately last time I checked there was only season 1 on netflix, so I guess I still have to wait for more...

Love this show and the season finale was great!

FYI, The whole season is now available on Netflix here in Canada now.

‘New Girl’ and ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Are Getting a Crossover Episode!
The romantically intertwined, Manhattan loft-dwelling New Girl crew will team up with Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s offbeat, also somewhat romantically intertwined Brooklyn PD for a one-hour crossover event on Tuesday, October 11. First with Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s episode at 8:00 pm and concluding with New Girl at 8:30.

“The crossover episode has historically been the artistic high point of any show that has dared to attempt it. Maybe you remember ‘Blackout Thursday’ on NBC, or even further back the infamous ‘Alf’/‘Gilligan’s Island’ crossover of the late 1980s. NEW GIRL and BROOKLYN NINE-NINE will proudly and humbly go where few shows have gone since the 1990s. We know we have big shoes to fill, and we look forward to disappointing everyone. There’s a 50% chance Alf will also be in both episodes. But there’s also a 50% chance that is a lie.”

new-girl-brooklyn-nine-nine.jpg

@jcm Agreed! I think this is my favorite comedy on TV. It's consistently good every week and the premiere was fantastic. I bet this is going to be another great season.

Reactions: jcm