* Fist of Fury
* Game of Death

53829607.jpg

Attachments

• L.jpg
    L.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
What are the transfers like on these films ?

Wondering this as well. @Futurhythm Check it out! Any ideas?

It's also by FortuneStar. But damn pricey, gonna have to save up for it first.

Big Boss, Fist of Fury, and Way of the Dragon are true HD. Fortune Star claim that Game of Death is true HD, but general consensus is that it's an upscale.

Personally I think Big Boss looks fantastic. Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon don't look that great, but it probably has a lot to do with the quality of the original film stock and how things were shot. Fist seems to have better clarity than Way, but it has a slight green tinge to it (like what you see in old deteriorating film), while Way has better colours. Both lack detail though, especially in wide shots, but I don't know if it's soft focus photography/crappy film stock or if it's been filtered/DNR'd.

• Informative
Reactions: AlienKing
Iconic or not, the red slashes are out of place as they feature in Enter the Dragon which obviously isn't in this set. :cautious: Will wait to see it in hand before deciding as it's a bit on the pricey side. I expect it should be pretty nice though.

Big Boss, Fist of Fury, and Way of the Dragon are true HD. Fortune Star claim that Game of Death is true HD, but general consensus is that it's an upscale.

Personally I think Big Boss looks fantastic. Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon don't look that great, but it probably has a lot to do with the quality of the original film stock and how things were shot. Fist seems to have better clarity than Way, but it has a slight green tinge to it (like what you see in old deteriorating film), while Way has better colours. Both lack detail though, especially in wide shots, but I don't know if it's soft focus photography/crappy film stock or if it's been filtered/DNR'd.
Thanks for the info. I knew I can count on you :D. So pretty much, this is as good as it gets for now.

Reactions: Futurhythm
Thanks for the info. I knew I can count on you :D. So pretty much, this is as good as it gets for now.
Glad I can help. And yep, this is as good as it gets for now. Also, these movies were remastered in the States, and I think struck from sources taken from there which is why they look different to the Fortune Star DVDs.

Basically, this is the same as the Hong Kong and Shout Factory boxsets picture-wise. The Hong Kong boxset has two extra documentaries or something (on DVD I think), as well as Tower of Death, and it also doesn't have the original mono audio and only the horrible 7.1 remixes. The Shout Factory set doesn't have Tower of Death either, but does have the original mono audio, as well as the English dubs, and different/more extras. The extras for this set look like they've been gathered from all over the place as well. In other words, all the currently available Bruce Lee boxsets have different combinations of everything so you can't win 'em all. Not to mention there's also the Japanese releases...

Glad I can help. And yep, this is as good as it gets for now. Also, these movies were remastered in the States, and I think struck from sources taken from there which is why they look different to the Fortune Star DVDs.

Basically, this is the same as the Hong Kong and Shout Factory boxsets picture-wise. The Hong Kong boxset has two extra documentaries or something (on DVD I think), as well as Tower of Death, and it also doesn't have the original mono audio and only the horrible 7.1 remixes. The Shout Factory set doesn't have Tower of Death either, but does have the original mono audio, as well as the English dubs, and different/more extras. The extras for this set look like they've been gathered from all over the place as well. In other words, all the currently available Bruce Lee boxsets have different combinations of everything so you can't win 'em all. Not to mention there's also the Japanese releases...
I remember what you said about the 7.1 remixes. :cautious:
At least I know the packaging won't disappoint me. :LOL: