Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: October 3, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $16.99

916J0eVUbyL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing
They would have to fix the current HD Masters first because they are plagued with framing problems
There aren't framing "problems". Cable outlets have screwed up by opening (removing) soft mattes and exposing stuff that was not meaant to be seen (the set, boom mics).
It was shot 4:3 (soft mattes on the side to make it 4:3) and when you remove the mattes to try to make it 16:9 it exposes areas never meant to be seen. (Cable companies thought this would be an easy way to make it 16:9).
It simply needs to retain its original AR of 4:3. Easy peasy. Star Trek: The Next Generation did this with their set (much to the consternation of some people saying "why didn't you make it widescreen 16:9? Not understanding that you can't turn a square into a rectangle). Joss Whedon himself has said that the intended ration is/was/always will be 1.33:1. Any change to this is incorrect.
The only "issues" that occur is when people futz with that.

This set of UK dvds are 16:9 and I would not want it any other way. I know what Joss said. His example was a 10 second close-up versus 6065 minutes. It's not like there's a boom mic in every scene -- those had to be pointed out and good luck trying to enjoy the series if that is what you are after in every scene. Seeing more of each scene is a pleasure.

I figured this thread would go here -- the series that is. not aspect ratio -- since there were already 4 replies, but to go to aspect ratio right away is ridiculous. This thread is way off topic thanks to CC.

412DZ397QNL._SY300_QL70_.jpg