Buster Keaton: 3 Films (Volume 1) (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Eureka - Masters of Cinema) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase links: Eureka - Amazon UK
Price: £37.99
Includes: Sherlock Jr., The General, Steamboat Bill, Jr.
Notes: Limited to 3,000

71qvgLTmB4L._AC_SX342_.jpg

20294335_1667152519962104_2121872860381388798_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
happy days. :) just finished watching every single excellent extra on these discs after several viewings of the films, which remain 3 of my favourite films of all time :drool:. seriously. and i noticed there weren't any in-hand shots :Snap: on this thread, so... :rolleyes:

i appreciate this is being posted when this set is now out of print, but if you can find a copy on the market, even an open one - do. Eureka! remain one of the best companies out there for restorations and reissues of fims that deserve such a time- and resource-intensive service. i owned several different 'restored' copies of these films before this set, and they're all going out now. there's simply no need, the picture quality on these is superb, the restoration job on them superlative. and especially not since Eureka! also released the short films and their additional 2 other '3 films' sets.

containing (for me) some of his biggest and best stunts (The General), some of his best comedy (Steamboat Bill, Jr.) and some of his best film-making ideas (Sherlock Jr.), this is right up there in that 'if you only buy one Buster Keaton set...' category (although if you do, you're missing out).

the exterior box is sturdy and i love the front cover image. rear is the usual Eureka! credits and contents list:

the discs all have alternate modern artwork, all of which i quite like. i took these shots ages ago but never got around to posting, and my camera's packed up at the moment, so just a few shots. the rears are credits again, but the interior artwork is good:

@svespojeno @Jezca i'd throughly recommend buying this limited edition if you can find it for the 'booklet' - although there's a lot of content for that term. it's the usual Eureka! high standards.

probably the best set from the best retailers/restorers of one of the world's greatest cinema contributors. bar none. seek it out. :thumbs:

buster keaton GIF by Kino Lorber

Last edited:
happy days. :) just finished watching every single excellent extra on these discs after several viewings of the films, which remain 3 of my favourite films of all time :drool:. seriously. and i noticed there weren't any in-hand shots :Snap: on this thread, so... :rolleyes:

i appreciate this is being posted when this set is now out of print, but if you can find a copy on the market, even an open one - do. Eureka! remain one of the best companies out there for restorations and reissues of fims that deserve such a time- and resource-intensive service. i owned several different 'restored' copies of these films before this set, and they're all going out now. there's simply no need, the picture quality on these is superb, the restoration job on them superlative. and especially not since Eureka! also released the short films and their additional 2 other '3 films' sets.

containing (for me) some of his biggest and best stunts (The General), some of his best comedy (Steamboat Bill, Jr.) and some of his best film-making ideas (Sherlock Jr.), this is right up there in that 'if you only buy one Buster Keaton set...' category (although if you do, you're missing out).

the exterior box is sturdy and i love the front cover image. rear is the usual Eureka! credits and contents list:

the discs all have alternate modern artwork, all of which i quite like. i took these shots ages ago but never got around to posting, and my camera's packed up at the moment, so just a few shots. the rears are credits again, but the interior artwork is good:

@svespojeno @Jezca i'd throughly recommend buying this limited edition if you can find it for the 'booklet' - although there's a lot of content for that term. it's the usual Eureka! high standards.

probably the best set from the best retailers/restorers of one of the world's greatest cinema contributors. bar none. seek it out. :thumbs:

buster keaton GIF by Kino Lorber
Great review, thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen a single Keaton film when these sets were released, so I didn't realise I'd be such a big fan until I eventually sat down to watch some clips of his work... obviously now I regret not picking up all 3 Volumes when I had the chance. :grumpy:

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart