Buy 1 Holy Grail steelbook or Buy 6 regular steebook?

Do you prefer 1 holy grail steelbook instead of 6 regular steelbook?

• I'm happy to spend $300 on 1 holy grail steelbook.

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • I'm happy to spend $300 on 6 regular steelbook.

Votes: 96 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MayFlower

Premium Supporter
Sep 28, 2011
I'm just curious what other collectors think about that question.

If you have $300 spending for steelbook, then what would you do?

Buy the holy grail steelbook like (Iron Man Futureshop, Rambo, etc) that you have been wanting to add

or

do you buy 6 individual steelbook at a price of $50 each.

I'm curious what you would do in that situation....

I see some members making comments like "I can't afford it", but then I see them with 50+ steelbooks in their collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at my collection..and I see a lot of mediocre steelbook that I paid $50 each for them...and I started thinking..."man...I wish I had not buy them and used those money toward the rare ones that I want more".

With so many collectors feeling so differently, did I just drop foolishly $300 for the last remaining Rambo that I always wanted? If I didn't buy it, then maybe it will come down to $100 in price? :)

Depends on the title, but I have no interest in Iron Man or any other titles I don't care to watch repeatedly. Things sitting on a shelf are useless to me, personally-been there done that. For me it's all about movies I'll watch, so price is secondary at this stage in the game.

If its a movie you want, the odds are it will be more expensive next year than now. Thats the way I see it. So to answer your qustion, no it is not foolish to do so if you want it. All these rare steels are going to be more rare as more collectors come in.

what if it's a movie that you love so much..and it costs $300 for you to obtain it. Do you buy it or do you skip it and use that money toward 6 cheaper steelbook?

Depends on the title, but I have no interest in Iron Man or any other titles I don't care to watch repeatedly. Things sitting on a shelf are useless to me, personally-been there done that. For me it's all about movies I'll watch, so price is secondary at this stage in the game.

Hey May-doesn't matter to me. The movie is the disc-I don't need a $300 edition because I 'love the movie'. I have spent far more on other editions (for rarity), but not on Steelbooks. I don't buy anymore for shelving or 'saving', keeping sealed, etc etc. That doesn't mean there won't ever be a Steelbook exception, but out of any other 'Rare' ones I don't have, I probably will never buy any at that price, just because it's 'rare'. As a matter of fact I sold most of my 'Rare' Steelbooks over a year ago, because they never got watched-just made no sense to me anymore...BUT, I am a long-time collector of other rare items, so I do understand and appreciate the urge to do so:)

Last edited:
Do or do not...there is no try...to be or not to be...this is a Hard Question...
;-)

I am going with quantity...because I already have Iron Man....hehehe!

Last edited:
Well guys I've spent just about that much for a steelie, IRON MAN, and it was well worth it, but I'm done spending that amount or anything close to that amount specially because I have the majority of the rare ones already. But if another steelie became rare I would look at doing it again.

I chose 6 for $300 but I think I would rather spend a bit more on 3-4 steels in the $80-100 range. $300 seems like you could get a lot more bang for your buck. But when I win Mega-millions all bets are off!

I think I have learned a lot from this thread.

Don't over-spend and the price will eventually fall. If the majority are not willing to spend, then price should fall.

I'm still looking for a rare one, I'm going to see if it falls from $200 to $100 within 6 months. I want to see if my theory is correct :) I have been cutting my spending and becoming more selective these days.

I almost always go for the "more bang for your buck" option.

It is an interesting question though.

"Free" or "Gift" money is much easier to spend than money you had to earn yourself.

I think I have learned a lot from this thread.

Don't over-spend and the price will eventually fall. If the majority are not willing to spend, then price should fall.

I'm still looking for a rare one, I'm going to see if it falls from $200 to $100 within 6 months. I want to see if my theory is correct :) I have been cutting my spending and becoming more selective these days.

Tell me which one and then I will tell you if your crazy or not. :hilarious:

hahaha..you never know. If more and more people start thinking that way...don't overpaid, then it will eventually fall :) I'll report back in 6 months hehehe.

Tell me which one and then I will tell you if your crazy or not. :hilarious:

This - I'm happy to spend $300 on 1 holy grail steel book (but it totally depends what movie it is)

Last edited:
$350 is the most I have ever paid and will ever pay for a steelbook, so I voted for 'Buy 1 Holy Grail steelbook'

I also think it is interesting that majority of the people who commented supported the 'Buy 6 normal steelbooks', but the poll results are almost equal

It depends on the title for me. The most i ever spent on a single Steel was 100€ but to be honest if i didn´t already have my IM i´d probably really pay 300$ for one or even more. So for now i wouldn´t spend the 300 on a single Steel but if another Holy Grail should grab my attention i really might spend the money for it.

I would rather buy one one rare steelbook than 6 cheap steelbook i have set myself a limited of £150.00 for the rare titles and have spent that ammount only once which was for john rambo and worth ever penny

Always a holy grail, it's away nice to look g your collection an have less but nicer more expensive steels as you know that others want them lol

Remember one thing folks! Today's regular steels are tomorrow's holy grails!

$300 = 6 amazon.co.jp steels, and those will definitely become holy grails, all of them!

:oohyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.