Buyer Beware / Bad Traders List (FORUM MEMBER ALERTS ONLY)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread has been created to provide insight for folks trading and buying. Sometimes knowing that a guy/gal has some or MANY successful trades/sales is good peace of mind.

IF THE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF GOOD TRADER RATING FEEDBACK, AND YOU DONT KNOW THEM, THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE a Trading Moderator. We can try to get you the info you need to feel safe and or make a safe trade/purchase!

As we all know, trading is at your own risk. However, we are able to stop many deals from turning sour if you enable us. We have one bad person who has been a scam artist at many HT/Blu-ray sites besides ours.
EBAY TRADER / BAD TRADER DISCUSSIONS - please visit this thread.

Bad Traders

Goatrider
Swallahjaxx
brambrowers
harrytheparry
shabba
evert
Jaxx
Cythlover
Underhill
Shellmaster
Erik Schellekens
Wodan
Cees
aklass
vrising
Telchar
HiltonH
Hilton
blubook
Glaurung
Gelanor
Gus79
Astaldo
Isis
icon_netherlands.png
The above are all the same person - returned in Oct 2015 - Trading alert posted here

Other bad traders:

icon_mexico.png
MEDIAMEX - continued to delay shipments, up to weeks at a time. Would not reimburse members for items already received. Appeared to source OOP items, after trade was agreed upon.

icon_france.png
JEREMY13130 - member from France. States he has rare items for trade when he really does not. Be wary of members with no feedback that ask you to send first.

icon_unitedstates.png
OSCARLUCY - owed shipments to members here, delayed due to a number of different stories. Supposedly recently shipped items out to members, after 5+ months of delays.

icon_unitedstates.png
NELLYPLATINUM & YASAIRA1 - owed an item to a member here - trade occurred on another forum, had previously told trading mods he would make good on the amount owed. Never paid the seller.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
DLEAVEY81 - owed steebook (paid for) to user here. No response on forum or via e-mail. Also has an outstanding trade issue at AVF forums.

icon_unitedstates.png
SHONUFF6 - received items from a couple of members and has not visited this forum since the beginning of January 2013.

icon_canada.png
JEZHEAD - received items from one member and a HDN secret santa gift from another - sent nothing in return and has not visited this forum since December 2012.

icon_unitedstates.png
93COBRA - also known as Fast Eddie - defrauded members on BD forums and you tube of hundreds of dollars of items. General trading alert posted here.

icon_france.png
Marty mcFly - member from France. Owes members here items and has been delaying shipment since in contact with staff for weeks, some traders have been waiting months.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
AMEN - sent a member here damaged steels and the wrong steelbook. Would not resolve the problem with the other member or respond to mod / staff requests for more info.

icon_australia.png
Top_cat2-failed to complete numerous trades/communicate. Numerous traders waiting for items for several months (some since 2012).

icon_unitedstates.png
slackerz - failed to respond or to resolve a trading issue over months of promises to replace damaged items.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
TIGER - took funds for a "pre-order" of items not in-hand to one member and wouldn't refund, also failed to fulfill 6 steelbook trade with another member.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Roverite - owes at least 10 members various steelbooks from GB's he hosted in 2013. Various attempts to communicate but to no avail.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
humperklonk - Lack of communication to resolve trade issues backdating to end of last year. Owes one member 7x steels which were paid for but never sent the items. Another member is waiting on 1x steel to be sent.

icon_germany.png
Unisol1980 - Attempted to sell a High Value rare steelbook by randomly PM'ing members. This was after Trade Mods refused to approve his sales thread without him supplying the necessary references/info.

icon_germany.png
MrKrabs2013 - Created multiple account, which is NOT allowed on this forum. All the following names are the same person and have been banned:

MrKrabs2013
mrhanky
mrhanky2016
ninja2015
joinus2000
kurdish2012
bremennord
steelfreaky
marvelhero007
germansteeler
steelbookcollect
gandalf
judgedredd
hideohhb
progamer1995
bluemansteel
steelcollector1
blueknight
bucelli
snakeeater

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Cobster - Owes various members £ and steelbooks - no communication + hasn't been online since 17th July.

The posts below are from when this was a Good Traders/Bad Traders list ... from the date this OP has been updated ... this thread will only serve as a Buyer Beware and Hall of Shame for those bad traders out there. If you need info on good traders view their trader rating under their avatar in the post bit (to the left) or PM a Mod.

I suggest you PM a mod for any deal over $75 if you dont know the person, regardless if they have 3 successful feedbacks etc. This is YOUR community as much as it is OURS, and we'll make the time everytime to make it as safe as possible for all.

Added 1/23/2012:

Just a general reminder - If you are experiencing difficulty with a trade at our site, feel free to contact a Trade Moderator, and we can provide suggestions on how to resolve the matter, if the trade took place at our site.

If, despite repeated attempts to resolve the trade/contact the trader, you do not receive any communication, or items, etc, please use the Feedback system in place at the site, or the rest of the community will not be aware of issues with traders. In addition, you have a limited time frame to file Paypal disputes, so please familiarize yourself with that process, just in case, to further protect yourself. In addition, the Staff will take action against accounts for repeat offenders if absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep you updated. Any eBay sellers I highly suggest you add this Buyer to your block list. These are the buyers you do want to get involved in.

Reactions: tono06
^^ Most of my £20+ items go via GSP Shipping for export and cuts out any "did not receive it" crap...also any item damage I counter against eBay

Says that HDN are the worst.......two guesses where he is a member from then!

A highly respected member of this forum took money from me about a year ago and now seems to be no longer active as a HDN member it wasn't a large amount but it was the principle & because I'm not a vindictive person I didn't chase it up so they kept my money. I could never do that to someone it's wrong.

A highly respected member of this forum took money from me about a year ago and now seems to be no longer active as a HDN member it wasn't a large amount but it was the principle & because I'm not a vindictive person I didn't chase it up so they kept my money. I could never do that to someone it's wrong.

Name and shame! If they are a member here, we need to know about them

Listen to the Mods @Travis Bickle. Threads like this help and protect the members of HDN. If someone's screwed you (albeit for a petty amount or whatever amount quite frankly!)- they need to publicized. Sorry to hear this buddy.

I want to make you aware of this scammer from Greece:

ebay ID: adakapetanaki-0
**Name and Address removed pending outcome of case on ebay**
https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=adakapetanaki-0&ftab=AllFeedback

The story begins when the Buyer asks for a discount for a Nova steelbook I was selling. He claims that he had problems with a Korean seller and that the item had not arrived now he is desperately trying to buy this as a gift for this friends birthday. He wanted a discount so fine I accepted his offer. Item was sold and shipped Royal Mail tracked and signed same day 14th February.

A week later the buyer comes back and says that the steelbook from the Korean seller had arrived (what a coincidence!) and asks if he can 'refuse to accept the item' and claim a refund? I'm thinking, are you serious?? :confused::confused: So short of it the answer was No. Buyer accepts this.

Now today Buyer has raised a claim on eBay that the item has NOT been received without even contacting me first. Normally when the buyer doesn't contact you and goes straight to a claim it is usually tells me one thing, something smells very fishy, in otherwords I spell the word S-C-A-M-M-E-R.

Buyer claims the Greek postal does not recognise the tracking number?? On tracking it states the item was passed to the overseas postal service but no update tracking details on the other countries postal service. Regardless I put to the Buyer that he was a scammer. I confronted him that there is the same issue with the Korean Seller that sold him the item, and that he went to eBay made a claim and got a refund and now is doing the same thing to me. The Buyer did not dispute he got his money back from eBay but stated 'I gave his money back'? That I do not believe. So it is clear that the Buyer has an ISSUE with his shipping address and that there are clear delays. Buyer is exploiting this delay and claiming a refund from eBay after 13 days it was sent. So buyer is claiming for a refund and then eventually keep the item WHEN it arrives.

I've explained this all to eBay. I have a photo of the shipment and original receipt from the post office.

Here's some messages we exchanged before I made the post on HDN. As you can see he did not seem to care! He thinks HDN are the worst steelbooks ever :facepalm: This scammer is obviously a member from this forum. So he did not care if I reported him so I did as I got nothing to lose and name and shame him on HDN. I showed him the link to the post and now he does not appreciate me doing this :LOL: and trying to defend himself saying he isn't a scammer etc.

So now he has seen and read the post he has become how I should say, a little more cooperative but still has thinks I am unprofessionally and compared to another seller called steelbook boutique to show his item arrived in like 4 days from the UK and why I did not use the same service as him, when in fact I did :rofl:

He also claimed he isn't a scammer because he's got 100% feedback that's because Sellers can't give negative feedback!!

• Basically what has happened was the Korean seller sold him the steelbook which took one month and ten days to get him, so he says and it didn't arrive.
  • He made a claim got his money back.
  • Buyer then purchased mine, but surprise surprise the seller's steelbook arrived. Buyer claims the Korean seller was an idiot and unprofessional because it took so long when in fact it was shipped ECONOMY services (he told me this later today) so of course it's going to take over a month!! Either way Buyer gets the refund AND the steelbook, but claims he 'gave his money back' allegedly :whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • Now because he has got his free steelbook and his money back he no longer wants the identicle steelbook he bought from me so wants to 'refuse shipment'!!
  • I say No obviously.
  • Now the Seller thinks, oh I can get my money back as tracking doesn't say it's delivered and that the local tracking in Greece doesn't work??
  • So now he's trying this on to make a claim knowing too well he will get his money back and eventually the steelbook when it arrives.
  • So I chat to Royal Mail on the phone and they explained shipping to Greece there is a delay and it goes to a Hub in Germany before it gets to pass to an overseas courier in Greece. As it stands the package has not left the Hub in Germany which explains why Mr Dimwhits here has not received any tracking.
  • Now the Buyer states he is willing to 'wait' and then make an escalation to eBay on the 5th March 7 days from today if it has not arrived. The fact is the Buyer is NOT waiting 7 days. Buyers on any claim have to wait one week before they can get their money back, otherwise he would had asked for his money back straight away. Point is, he is not waiting and does not want to wait after the 5th March and just have some patience for Christ sake!

So in otherwords, buyer got a refund and kept the steelbook from a Korean seller

Then didn't want mine and wanted a refund and refuse shipment.

I said No.

Now he's thought, I can do the same thing to this seller and just say Item not received, not willing to wait anymore, and hopefully I get my money back as I didn't want it anyway and then keep the steelbook when it arrives :whistle::whistle: :LOL:

Sorry my friend, but all this smells like Bull crap to me and I sniff a rat. :wtf:

View attachment 362131

View attachment 362131

Just an update guys. Since I made these posts on HDN the Buyer has heavily defended himself on the eBay case stating that he is not a Scammer at all because the package has not arrived to Greece were it can be locally tracked. The reason for this defense is I can only assume his personal details are now on public in HDN. Buyer originally stated that on Monday the 5th March, where the eBay case can be escalated, he will refer this for them to make a decision. In otherwords we all know eBay WILL refund him. I have explained to the Buyer that any right minded collector and logical individual would simply be patient and WAIT! It's VERY rare for a Royal Mail International Signed For delivery to get lost!

Today the Buyer has contacted me and stated he has thought about what I said and contacted the Greek Post office and WILL WAIT another 20 days for this to arrive which I am happy with. And if it doesn't arrive, or there is no tracking available in Greece then he will get a refund.

Buyer has accepted he got angry that the steelbook did not arrive and made a claim straight away and now seeing I am an established seller he is happy to wait. OP personal details edited as Buyer appears to be have become much more cooperative now.

Whether the Buyer is a Scammer or just angry that his item has not arrived, the main thing is we have progress. I can only thank this thread for being very public and open and transparent in what we do. Without this bad trader thread I am sure the Buyer would continued and escalated the case for a refund leaving me rather confused and angry :confused::mad:.

I have agreed to update this thread with our progress and when this gets resolved as he is aware that his reputation is at stake. The case continues and hopefully the next thing I post is case resolved!! :joy:

Here's the final update and it's not good news either.
The short version is, the Buyer ADAM KAPETANAKIS is a SCAMMER. I will now refer this buyer as Scammer and the Scammer has been refunded so I am out of pocket £82 including shipping (n)

Scammer's Name and Address:
Adam Kapetanakis
Emm.Kakepaki 2
Heraklion Crete 71601
Greece

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=adakapetanaki-0&ftab=AllFeedback

Okay so what happened?

So it all started off with a message I received today from the scammer stating that he will be escalating the case on Monday with eBay as that will be his last opportunity. Tracking for GLS (which is the courier Royal Mail passed to Greece) is still not updated so I've had no choice but to refund him.

upload_2018-3-17_15-58-33.png

I managed to find out through the negative feedback left by the scammer was to a German seller called mrfloppy.
upload_2018-3-17_15-20-17.png
upload_2018-3-17_17-9-2.png

I discovered that mrfloppy has sold to the scammer the same steelbook - Drive Novamedia. So I contacted mrfloppy today to enquire if he has had the similar problem as I have. Here is his response:
upload_2018-3-17_15-23-35.png

So it appears that the scammer has done the same thing, purchased an item, didn't receive it, then made a claim against the seller which mrfloppy has had to refund. But the item arrived and the scammer never returned it??

Now if you read back on the previous messages, the scammer has said he had an issue with the Korean seller which mysteriously got lost....and then decided to purchase my copy, which apparently is lost as well...........(or just not arrived yet....?)

Then a week later during shipping he states the Korean seller's copy arrived and asked if he could refused to accept the package which I declined. He then said he paid back the Korean seller's money and no longer wants my item. Now he has admitted on that message that he purchased a gift for his friend's birthday because he waited too long for my one? What about the Korean seller's item that arrived which he paid back??? Err.. story keeps changing :cautious:

So that is three seller's the scammer is having trouble with :rofl: EEK! but can still have the audacity to say we are unprofessional!! :facepalm:

Well I confronted the scammer with this and he tells me that he returned mrfloppy's package back.
I asked the tracking number and he has declined to let me see it LOL! So I went back to mrfloppy and told him the scammer returned it which he was never given a tracking number and has ignored him.

upload_2018-3-17_15-48-47.png

I asked to see the Korean seller's Paypal transaction to show that he sent back the money when it did arrive. Of course he's declined! The scammer now states that the item arrived damaged from Korea, so I asked to see the return shipping tracking or proof of postage which of course he cannot provide stating it's personal info.....

In the scammer's defence he is stating that he will 'refuse my package' so it will be returned to me. But doesn't look like the Korean or mrfloppy's package was ever returned.

He gets his money back and keeps the item.

What a waste of space he is. Here are some of the messages below. Excuse me for swearing but I was pissed off with him!

screen shot 1
upload_2018-3-17_15-36-26.png

screen shot 2
upload_2018-3-17_15-37-44.png

screen shot 3
upload_2018-3-17_15-38-21.png

screen shot 4

upload_2018-3-17_15-53-16.png

I know for sure the package will never return to me. The scammer is just buying himself some time so he doesn't look bad on the public forums. Even if my package does arrive back, he has still scammed two other sellers.

I DO NOT reccommend dealing with this guy. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of all that @sunnyx! o_O:ugh: I have since added him to my block list just in case. Can't be dealing with unreasonable people like that :squint:

Are you literally out of pocket then or can you somehow claim that back as item hasn't been (or show as) "delivered"??

Reactions: sunnyx
Sorry to hear of all that @sunnyx! o_O:ugh: I have since added him to my block list just in case. Can't be dealing with unreasonable people like that :squint:

Are you literally out of pocket then or can you somehow claim that back as item hasn't been (or show as) "delivered"??

With a Signed and Tracked item from Royal Mail is a tricky one. No tracked package from RM has ever been lost. The longest I've had was one went to Italy which was a month, one to Australia which never even said delivered :LOL: I know, it's crazy, it got stuck in Australia somewhere but the buyer never complained so I assumed it was delivered even though tracking showed it wasn't :rofl:. The funniest was a package to Holland which for some reason went to Australia and returned back to Holland which took six weeks :hilarious: None of these buyers made claims, they contacted me first as any normal person would.

I had a chat with the owner at my local post office who I have known for like 10 years and he said he has NEVER encountered an official lost RM signed/tracked package. It is very rare.

The point of all this is RM will be in NO rush to refund me as they can wait upto 90 days to process my claim according to their conditions for International Shipment. By 90 days I am sure the package will be delivered! RM will then refuse to refund on the basis it has been delivered during my claim period. The chances of success at best are 50-50 on the basis no signed and tracked RM has been declared lost from my experiece. I won't be surprised that I will receive the classic 6 first class stamps you normally get when making a claim with them.

With a non-tracked it's much easier to make a claim as you can't track it and the eBay/PP info shows a claim has been made/you refunded the buyer.

So yeah, made a claim, not hopeful, I've just had to accept I'm out of pocket £80 and life moves on.....(n)

Reactions: Mickle_89
I want to make you aware of this scammer from Greece:

**Name and Address removed pending outcome of case on ebay**

The story begins when the Buyer asks for a discount for a Nova steelbook I was selling. He claims that he had problems with a Korean seller and that the item had not arrived now he is desperately trying to buy this as a gift for this friends birthday. He wanted a discount so fine I accepted his offer. Item was sold and shipped Royal Mail tracked and signed same day 14th February.

A week later the buyer comes back and says that the steelbook from the Korean seller had arrived (what a coincidence!) and asks if he can 'refuse to accept the item' and claim a refund? I'm thinking, are you serious?? :confused::confused: So short of it the answer was No. Buyer accepts this.

Now today Buyer has raised a claim on eBay that the item has NOT been received without even contacting me first. Normally when the buyer doesn't contact you and goes straight to a claim it is usually tells me one thing, something smells very fishy, in otherwords I spell the word S-C-A-M-M-E-R.

Buyer claims the Greek postal does not recognise the tracking number?? On tracking it states the item was passed to the overseas postal service but no update tracking details on the other countries postal service. Regardless I put to the Buyer that he was a scammer. I confronted him that there is the same issue with the Korean Seller that sold him the item, and that he went to eBay made a claim and got a refund and now is doing the same thing to me. The Buyer did not dispute he got his money back from eBay but stated 'I gave his money back'? That I do not believe. So it is clear that the Buyer has an ISSUE with his shipping address and that there are clear delays. Buyer is exploiting this delay and claiming a refund from eBay after 13 days it was sent. So buyer is claiming for a refund and then eventually keep the item WHEN it arrives.

I've explained this all to eBay. I have a photo of the shipment and original receipt from the post office.
Just in case, tagging @apsmith21 as he ships for group buys etc, in case he has run ins with same person.

Reactions: sunnyx
@taher No idea at all....
But one thing for sure is he doesn’t appreciate me posting his details up on here. The fact that he has scammed me and an established seller from Germany, and this mysterious Korean seller tells a lot. He will continue this trick and abusing the Ebay seller protection programme.

The good thing for this thread is making the community aware of buyers that spoil this hobby for others so no one can deal with them again. That is why he has been sooo Defensive about Not being a
Scammer.

Calling ANY members from Greece, please let this forum know any information about this buyer. The more information we share better to protect us from scams.

I'm going to ask this once and I'm probably going to regret asking this. Why can't the police deal with these clowns if ebay won't?