C.C. 95's 10,000th Post Steelbook GIVEAWAY! [CLOSED]

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
IMG_7231.GIF

To commemorate over 2 years & 10,000 posts of my inane blathering, I am having a giveaway!:D
Thanks to HDN, I have a place to share (with my fellow collectors and cinephiles) the things we love, and a community that is without peer.
So, as a thanks, I am giving away this Bundle O' Steel!!:woot:
(And I Will also cover the shipping!):OMG:
The Prize is a Bundle of 5 Mondo X steelbooks (all mint/new).:)
699B9A3F-313F-4BE0-96CB-543894DE354E.PNG

23AFBD15-7143-4371-BAB1-C21DCBFDACB5.PNG

TO ENTER:
1) Name your favorite steelbook you own.
(Except any Marvel ones. That will make it more interesting!)
2) Name one steelbook you just can't believe doesn't exist yet,
and should!

(0h, and thank the post!)

I will conclude the contest and declare a winner (By Random Number Generator) on December 16th.
(That should be plenty of time for HDN members to discover the giveaway.):thumbs:
Please feel free to PM any members about the contest. (And if you have these in your collection already, PM your friends who don't!).
Good Luck!:thumbs:
PARTICIPANTS:
1. Denizen
2. larson1977
3. bluray hunter
4. harry
5. Drum18
6. taher
7. Flloydo
8. Kuzco
9. Raimi
10. meaner
11. DADDYCOOL187
12. bigwednesday0
13. Slinchafi
14. xenith25
15. Brandbil
16. Marco86
17. Ricker
18. Steelselecta
19. claudius181991
20. dan8885
21. hal9000b
22. mams
23. Civer
23. AlienKing
24. SteelCollz
25. TommySyk
26. lights
27. Lollard2002
28. Rosby
29. mmz41
30. Dexter Skelter
31. Akina
32. bloodsnake007
33. bigfub
34. davidson
35. steven Taylor
36. ckman88
37. rj531
38. bobino 66
39. Bruckle
40. YellowCake
41. Alistair G
42. jaws finatic
43. navydavey
44. JackRegan

Last edited:
The favourite steelbook in my collection is actually the Drive Mondo steelbook. I know it is a little boring to call this one my favourite, but I am soooo glad to have it and will never ever open it, come whatever may.

A steelbook that definitely has to exist but does not yet is Rubber. A movie about a killing tire? HELL YEAH!

And thank you so much for this amazing giveaway!

Reactions: spass and C.C. 95
Thanks @dan8885 ! Mutual feelings on our shared love of cinema, comics, vinyl, etc.! (And you are quite Spammerific yourself!:rofl:).
I thought I had all the classic movie steelbooks - somehow I overlooked and missed Forbidden Planet!!:OMG::wow:
I better get on that!!!:LOL: Thanks, brother!:thumbs:

You really need to get it. It's available super cheap but a stunner :drool:

Reactions: C.C. 95
@C.C. 95 Aite man, I'm in.
So first of all, congrats on your inane blathering...erm...i mean your 10K posts :)

1) You know it's hard to pick a favorite one when you have so many steelbooks. So i'm gonna go with my most recent one. HMV Canadian exclusive for The Hateful Eight. It's not just floating faces or character poses, that's why i like it.
2) I can't believe a Mondo X for Matrix doesnt exist. C'on! Get on it already BestBuy. I'd grab like 3 copies for myself :LOL::p

Congrats on that milestone and thanks for the amazing give-away! :woot:

1. Favorite steel I own: I just have to go with Novamedia's Drive (Full Slip), that is just a true beauty to behold. :drool:
2. Most missed as a steel: True Lies for me as well.

@AlienKing
So first of all, congrats on your inane blathering...erm...i mean your 10K posts :)

IMG_7309.GIF
IMG_0578.GIF

1) You know it's hard to pick a favorite one when you have so many steelbooks.
HumbleBrag! HumbleBrag!:hilarious:
2) I can't believe a Mondo X for Matrix doesnt exist. C'on! Get on it already BestBuy. I'd grab like 3 copies for myself :LOL::p
Well, I like to believe that someone....One of these companies has been cooking up a supersecret, balls-to-the-wall, ultimate Matrix package. And they are just waiting for right time (or to get the permission) to drop it.
It only makes sense to do a red carpet edition of that series.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
My favorite steelbook is probably the german steelbook for 'Spring'. I haven't seen the film yet, but the steelbook is absolutely beautiful, especially in-hand!

And I think a steelbook for Green Room would be pretty badass!

Thanks for the giveaway! :)

Thanks, @Flloydo! I will check the show out!
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I very much grew up reading Douglas Adams, and Terry Pratchett and watching BBC shows - so that kind of humor is very much in my blood! My sister mentioned something about this very subject at Thanksgiving! She was talking about how when I was kid (being influenced by British Culture) I did stuff like spelling color with a U!:rofl: (CULTURAL APPROPRIATION POLICE!!!!!).:LOL:
I really hope you can get to a convension and get Kurt Russell's sig (or John Landis!:D)
BTW- the correct usage is in situations like, when a buddy says something really sarcastic to you...you just give him the look and say "Have you ever been severely beaten about the face and neck?"!!:D:LOL:
(Another good one is a Tom Hanks line from Bachelor Party - "Are you Hot? Can I take your life?").
:rofl:

Yeah we have spoken about that before. Very cool to grow up on that, and as for the BBC when it comes to comedy (more late night) and docs they are the best in the uk (followed by ch4 same with comedies and docs but it's funded differently - I prefer it)

Legaue of gentlemen is great, it's like a darker more sinister Monty Python. It's kind of a sketch show but all the characters live in one town and Intwine. Full of freaks and weirdos but most the characters have gone down in British comedy history (along with many many many other shows)

Yeah i definatley see that inspiration in your character and posts (otherwise I wouldn't of randomly mentioned it that time)

Haha even with the 'correct' spellings lol never understood the absence of 'U' in some words

i barely go conventions so i doubt ill ever meet him and i never take the steels out the house :LOL: but it would be cool to get both of them
signed by the legends

ill remember that and try and pull it off next time a mate winds me up

man its been a long time since ive seen bachelor party!

• Thanks
Congrats on the 10k posts, that's a lot!

1)It's so hard to pick a favourite, but I think 47 Ronin is the one. I just love the embossed Japanese writing on the front.

2) I really wish we had a release in the UK for The Lost Boys (I know there was an American release) but also how has a movie like The Breakfast Club not had a Steelbook?

Thanks for the giveaway.

Yeah we have spoken about that before. Very cool to grow up on that, and as for the BBC when it comes to comedy (more late night) and docs they are the best in the uk (followed by ch4 same with comedies and docs but it's funded differently - I prefer it)

Legaue of gentlemen is great, it's like a darker more sinister Monty Python. It's kind of a sketch show but all the characters live in one town and Intwine. Full of freaks and weirdos but most the characters have gone down in British comedy history (along with many many many other shows)

Yeah i definatley see that inspiration in your character and posts (otherwise I wouldn't of randomly mentioned it that time)

Haha even with the 'correct' spellings lol never understood the absence of 'U' in some words

i barely go conventions so i doubt ill ever meet him and i never take the steels out the house :LOL: but it would be cool to get both of them
signed by the legends

ill remember that and try and pull it off next time a mate winds me up

man its been a long time since ive seen bachelor party!
Whoa!!!
Be careful with that icicle @Flloydo !!
IMG_7329.PNG
11ky5gh.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The favourite steelbook in my collection is actually the Drive Mondo steelbook. I know it is a little boring to call this one my favourite, but I am soooo glad to have it and will never ever open it, come whatever may.

A steelbook that definitely has to exist but does not yet is Rubber. A movie about a killing tire? HELL YEAH!

And thank you so much for this amazing giveaway!

May I suggest getting another copy to open? ;) You should beacuse it's amazing in hand. I got one sealed and one opened.

Like I said, I'm not entering but just wanna point out one film that should have got steelbook treatment or at least blu-ray treatment!!

Blood In, Blood Out.

• Thanks
Whoa!!!
Be careful with that icicle @Flloydo !!
View attachment 279553
11ky5gh.jpg

:LOL: So painful, that would be so cold. True brain freeze

That pic was the last proper time we had snow a few years back and my conservatory had them going all around. First time I had seen them that big. And I'm laughing at my own joke "it's an ice saber" lol so sad

:LOL: So painful, that would be so cold. True brain freeze

That pic was the last proper time we had snow a few years back and my conservatory had them going all around. First time I had seen them that big. And I'm laughing at my own joke "it's an ice saber" lol so sad
My Christmas wish is that you guys get snow for Christmas:shy:. You gotta have snow!!
(It was just snowing here a few hours ago:)!)
oazpxk.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
LOL :LOL:
HumbleBrag! HumbleBrag!:hilarious:
Nice of you to notice :whistle::p

Well, I like to believe that someone....One of these companies has been cooking up a supersecret, balls-to-the-wall, ultimate Matrix package. And they are just waiting for right time (or to get the permission) to drop it.
It only makes sense to do a red carpet edition of that series.
Ultimate package? The BvS from HDz will probably cost my 2 - 300. I will probably buy multiple copies if its Matrix, so it'll go over $500 easily. Give it to me in small doses, not all together!

LOL :LOL:

Nice of you to notice :whistle::p

Ultimate package? The BvS from HDz will probably cost my 2 - 300. I will probably buy multiple copies if its Matrix, so it'll go over $500 easily. Give it to me in small doses, not all together!
You have a second kidney sittin' there doin' nothin'!:LOL: Put that bad boy up for auction!:hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Amazing amount of posts. Seriously impressed. The total recall one I like. One of the few Mondeo steelbooks I like and don't have.
Amazed we have never had a steelbook of The Red Shoes. One of the most iconic Powell and Pressburger films. It's screaming steel. Also The !958 film "a Night to Remember" especially as the titanic Quarter exhibition was just voted the world's best tourist attraction. A collector's edition steelbook available only at the centre would become the world's number one "hard to get hold of " item.

Amazing amount of posts. Seriously impressed. The total recall one I like. One of the few Mondeo steelbooks I like and don't have.
Amazed we have never had a steelbook of The Red Shoes. One of the most iconic Powell and Pressburger films. It's screaming steel. Also The !958 film "a Night to Remember" especially as the titanic Quarter exhibition was just voted the world's best tourist attraction. A collector's edition steelbook available only at the centre would become the world's number one "hard to get hold of " item.
Thanks! @Lollard2002 Does this post mean you want to be on the list for the giveaway?

1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy dvd steelbook
2. can´t choose one, so all of the old animated Tintin, Asterix & Luky lukes cartoons since I´ve loved those since my childhood

ps. no need to be entered own 2 out the five given away

great give away mate

• Thanks
Wow what an amazing giveaway, don't know if I would really be a worthy winner considering that I'm such a new member, but the prizes really are great.

1) My collection is still in it's inception, but I'd say the Filmarena Looper is my favourite steel thus far.

2) I would love to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford as a steel. Great looking movie and one of my favourites in the last decade that hasn't received a steel.