C.C. 95's 10,000th Post Steelbook GIVEAWAY! [CLOSED]

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
IMG_7231.GIF

To commemorate over 2 years & 10,000 posts of my inane blathering, I am having a giveaway!:D
Thanks to HDN, I have a place to share (with my fellow collectors and cinephiles) the things we love, and a community that is without peer.
So, as a thanks, I am giving away this Bundle O' Steel!!:woot:
(And I Will also cover the shipping!):OMG:
The Prize is a Bundle of 5 Mondo X steelbooks (all mint/new).:)
699B9A3F-313F-4BE0-96CB-543894DE354E.PNG

23AFBD15-7143-4371-BAB1-C21DCBFDACB5.PNG

TO ENTER:
1) Name your favorite steelbook you own.
(Except any Marvel ones. That will make it more interesting!)
2) Name one steelbook you just can't believe doesn't exist yet,
and should!

(0h, and thank the post!)

I will conclude the contest and declare a winner (By Random Number Generator) on December 16th.
(That should be plenty of time for HDN members to discover the giveaway.):thumbs:
Please feel free to PM any members about the contest. (And if you have these in your collection already, PM your friends who don't!).
Good Luck!:thumbs:
PARTICIPANTS:
1. Denizen
2. larson1977
3. bluray hunter
4. harry
5. Drum18
6. taher
7. Flloydo
8. Kuzco
9. Raimi
10. meaner
11. DADDYCOOL187
12. bigwednesday0
13. Slinchafi
14. xenith25
15. Brandbil
16. Marco86
17. Ricker
18. Steelselecta
19. claudius181991
20. dan8885
21. hal9000b
22. mams
23. Civer
23. AlienKing
24. SteelCollz
25. TommySyk
26. lights
27. Lollard2002
28. Rosby
29. mmz41
30. Dexter Skelter
31. Akina
32. bloodsnake007
33. bigfub
34. davidson
35. steven Taylor
36. ckman88
37. rj531
38. bobino 66
39. Bruckle
40. YellowCake
41. Alistair G
42. jaws finatic
43. navydavey
44. JackRegan

Last edited:
Congrats and Thanks for the Give Away @C.C. 95
1) Name your favorite steelbook you own.
Fav Steel is my Inglorious Basterds FutureShop

2) Name one steelbook you just can't believe doesn't exist yet,
and should!

Green Mile would be awesome.

Reactions: C.C. 95
10k. Impressive work and cheers for this giveaway!

Standalone favourite is probably Ex Machina. As a package Drive Nova Full slip

I'd love a Green Mile steelbook. Or The Beach if they ever get round to releasing it on blu-ray
Isn't is amazing that one of the highest regarded steelbooks is a WEA that was available from everybody?
I've heard a few Green Mile votes for steebook that doesn't exist yet... Interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Isn't is amazing that one of the highest regarded steelbooks is a WEA that was available from everybody?
I've heard a few Green Mile votes for steebook that doesn't exist yet... Interesting.

Nothing is precious simply because it is rare :)

Be nice to see Green Mile but I won't hold my breath

My favorite steel changes from time to time, but I do always go back to my Zavvi Guardians of the Galaxy with the purple hue. I love that steel.

I'm quite surprised the original BLOB isn't on steel. Honestly, it would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Congrats on the most impressive milestone.

My favorite steel changes from time to time, but I do always go back to my Zavvi Guardians of the Galaxy with the purple hue. I love that steel.

I'm quite surprised the original BLOB isn't on steel. Honestly, it would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Congrats on the most impressive milestone.
GOTG is Marvel. But, I'll let it slide...this time!:naughty:;)

My favourite steelbook (except Big trouble in Little China which was already mentioned so I thought I would choose another) is Who framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi exclusive edition #1)

mwut.jpg

Its an absolutely amazing looking steel - great colours and gloss, embossing and debossing and a fantastic movie all culminate in a perfect edition

Apart from The Shadow (Again mentioned in an earlier post (criminally underrated movie)) I would love Spaceball - the steelbook

1987-spaceballs-poster1.jpg

Thanks for the brilliant and kind giveaway :thumbs:

My favourite steelbook (except Big trouble in Little China which was already mentioned so I thought I would choose another) is Who framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi exclusive edition #1)

mwut.jpg

Its an absolutely amazing looking steel - great colours and gloss, embossing and debossing and a fantastic movie all culminate in a perfect edition

Apart from The Shadow (Again mentioned in an earlier post (criminally underrated movie)) I would love Spaceball - the steelbook

1987-spaceballs-poster1.jpg

Thanks for the brilliant and kind giveaway :thumbs:
Wasn't WFRR released TWICE in two different color schemes?

Well, I have well over 800 Blu ray steelbooks, and only around twenty or so DVD, so I have a great affinity for the very first of my stelbooks.
Withnail and I - Twentieth Anniversary 3 disc steelbook.

It's a great film that brings back some excellent memories, not least of introducing it to my very reluctant Mum; who ended up loving it so much she read the screenplay, and loved that too :)
And if you have enjoyed the film but not read the screenplay, shame on you! It is even funnier, sadder and extremely poignant in print.
Withnail dvd steel.jpg

Withnail dvd steel int..jpg

The film I want to see in steelbook is an extremely deserving case:

Lonely are The Brave - 1962

One of Kirk Douglas's pet projects (and when did he ever make a bad choice), the film co stars the wonderful Gena Rowlands and the equally wonderful Walter Matthau.
Written by the blacklisted Dalton Trumbo, who penned many a good screenplay in his time, this is perhaps one of the most under-rated and little shown films of all time.
From first to last it is quite amazing, and once seen will be a companion for life.

As an aside, my first copy (which I still own) came on LD, before it belatedly made it to DVD and lately Blu ray, and came all the way from a lovely guy in Tombstone, Arizona in mint condition.
Lonely are the Brave.jpg

@C.C. 95 Forgot to mention in all that waffle - 10,000 posts - wow!! Just imagine, another 8 thousand plus of my quirkly ramblings, and - I'll match you Sidney :)

Doesn't bear thinking about . . . . .

Last edited:
Well, I have well over 800 Blu ray steelbooks, and only around twenty or so DVD, so I have a great affinity for the very first of my stelbooks.
Withnail and I - Twentieth Anniversary 3 disc steelbook.

It's a great film that brings back some excellent memories, not least of introducing it to my very reluctant Mum; who ended up loving it so much she read the screenplay, and loved that too :)
And if you have enjoyed the film but not read the screenplay, shame on you! It is even funnier, sadder and extremely poignant in print.
View attachment 280678
View attachment 280679

The film I want to see in steelbook is an extremely deserving case:

Lonely are The Brave - 1962

One of Kirk Douglas's pet projects (and when did he ever make a bad choice), the film co stars the wonderful Gena Rowlands and the equally wonderful Walter Matthau.
Written by the blacklisted Dalton Trumbo, who penned many a good screenplay in his time, this is perhaps one of the most under-rated and little shown films of all time.
From first to last it is quite amazing, and once seen will be a companion for life.

As an aside, my first copy (which I still own) came on LD, before it belatedly made it to DVD and lately Blu ray, and came all the way from a lovely guy in Tombstone, Arizona in mint condition.
View attachment 280680

@C.C. 95 Forgot to mention in all that waffle - 10,000 posts - wow!! Just imagine, another 8 thousand plus of my quirkly ramblings, and - I'll match you Sidney :)

Doesn't bear thinking about . . . . .
Thanks!
Nice SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS reference, @JackRegan !;):thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
And....

it is time to pick a WINNER!

View attachment 281887
3o6Zt8pE7Idu4NGF8I.gif

View attachment 281889
View attachment 281890

CONGRATULATIONS, FRANKIE!!
View attachment 281891 View attachment 281892
@bloodsnake007

....AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU NINJAS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST!:thumbs::thumbs:
View attachment 281893

PM me your Vitals, Frankie, and your BOX O' MONDO STEEL will wing its way to Sunny AZ!!!:thumbs:
:OMG::OMG::OMG: WAIT! :stop: I WON? :OMG::OMG::OMG: Hell fu**ing yeah! :woot:
latest

This is fu**ing awesome! :woot: I just logged on and I can't believe it, thanks @C.C. 95 :notworthy: This is an amazing prize to have won, and I feel honored! Soon after this message I'll send you a PM with my shipping details! ;) Thank you again my Ninja Bro! :cool: :thumbs:

excited.gif