Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 19th of October, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £13.99

11170754-8104324937800782.jpg

11170754-1194324937740443.jpg 11170754-1584324937771877.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have nothing against this artwork and much prefer it to the artwork on my 2007 Blu-ray (one of my very first Blu-ray purchases) as it perfectly conveys the feeling of being watched / eye-in-the-sky etc.and reminds us of the fact that we are under surveillance as soon as we leave our front doors until we return home.
We can see your house from here . . .
The fact is that we are the 'most watched / spied upon' people in history.
From the Daily Telegraph "In our ever-growing surveillance society, the average Briton is being recorded 3,000 times a week" and I don't suppose it's any different in The States.
We all know that "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" and this film is IMO an excellent depiction of that fact and is one of the best of its kind and well deserving of a steelbook :)

Steelbooks, please, for two other early Blu-ray releases THE FUGITIVE and THE NEGOTIATOR.

Last edited:
The story is set in both Washington, D.C., and Baltimore,

but the steelbook has New York City as it's artwork

massive, massive fail!

The wrong satellite image of N.Y.C. is somehow appropriate and in keeping with all the satellite related errors in the film . . . LOL.
It's a bit of a a shame though because there's nothing wrong with a Washington D.C. satellite view especially with the view of The Pentagon and surroundings and this would have been a better image IMO - all I can imagine is that the designers of the steelbook cover were not allowed to use it for some reason ?

Speaking about EastEnders - well, it is the 30th Anniversary this year,so why not a few jumbo steelbooks though how many episodes there have been and how many would fit on each disc and how many discs you would need for 30 years of episodes I have no idea. . .
Speaking about images not matching the film / show - To my knowledge EastEnders is filmed up in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire a good 12 miles from the East End itself although the image of the Thames with the Millennium Dome is OK . . . just . . . with the S.E.10 postcode and within earshot (walking distance anyway) of Bow Bells which, when I was young, was how you would determine a true person of the East End / Cockney.

Reminder, this thread is for Enemy of the State, please take discussions about other titles to the appropriate sections.

Cancelled?...

"We are getting in touch to let you know that we have had to cancel your copy of ‘Enemy Of The State - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook’ as the supplier has unfortunately pulled this product. We understand how disappointing this might be and sincerely apologise. "

Cancelled?...

"We are getting in touch to let you know that we have had to cancel your copy of ‘Enemy Of The State - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook’ as the supplier has unfortunately pulled this product. We understand how disappointing this might be and sincerely apologise. "

Yeah, received the same email :confused:

Same for me too.
Disappointed as one of the better films to be given a steelbook release . . . or not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.