[CANCELLED] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH God have you ever seen that film. To say Mel Brooks was having an off day would be an understatement!

Yes but his Robin Hood did speak with an english accent. So he said.

So how many of you are going to be disappointed by this?

1) If it's a matte finish
2) If it doesn't have spot gloss, full gloss or gloss on the back to make the colours "pop"
3) if it isn't re-mastered, doesn't have anything new on it (like new interviews and some kind of tribute to Alan Rickman) and is just the old disc in a new steelbook?
4) if it doesn't use the original poster art.
5) if it has better art inside than out
6) if it has black and white, or no art inside at all.

whoops. Forgot one.

7) if it isn't embossed or debossed in all the right places

I think it's safe to say it won't be this:

upload_2017-8-18_23-2-39-png.328904

I don't understand why the studios don't check in with you folks before they decide to announce these releases.

Is it because it costs them nothing to make these and they know people will buy them anyway?

Get together and tell them what this must look like to get your money!!! ;)

Last edited:
Any chance this has a feature where you can Isolate and destroy the Bryan Adams song at the end?!
Seriously, this was a fun movie, and that song being the last flavor in your head as you left the theater almost destroyed the entire experience of that movie. Michael Kamen makes a kick ass score and theme - and you end on that?!! (Runner ups: Annie Lennox Pop song ending Bram Stoker's Dracula:smashed:, and :wow:! Annie Lennox pop song ending LOTR: Return of the King.:vomit: I hate pop songs at the end of movies! And ban Annie Lennox & Bryan Adams from movie soundtracks!:LOL:)
Rant over.:D

To be fair the film is all over the place, it's one and only reason for watching is the late Alan Rickman. He saves the film from oblivion.

Just popped on amazon.de and still no artwork. I'd like to order it with WW, so was wondering if anyone had any new info on artwork/English title/extended cut/etc...

UK is getting a slip with this .........
robin-hood-jpg.333357

So let's hope this isnt the first Robin Hood Steelbook ...ha (I'll take it as 3rd, gloss, lose the logos, embossed arrows and title treatment debossed.)

Reactions: denizen
It will have the german film title. Robin Hood König der Diebe. So you will be disappointed.

UK is getting a slip with this .........
robin-hood-jpg.333357

So let's hope this isnt the first Robin Hood Steelbook ...ha (I'll take it as 3rd, gloss, lose the logos, embossed arrows and title treatment debossed.)
Yikes.
Interesting footnote for those who don't know: The arrow splitting POV shot was never meant to be in the film - but was so talked about from the trailer, that they put it into the film at the eleventh hour.

Reactions: Wreck
Wow ... Well if it doesn't come back then HDN will have to do something for this title. ;) Recently had a chance and then this popped up so we backed off to focus on other things we are working on.
HDN special editions for Robin Hood and Braveheart, then?!!;):LOL:
Hey, why not?! The owner of Twilight Time was asked why he chose certain titles for TT - he basically said "I pick the movies I love."

HDN special editions for Robin Hood and Braveheart, then?!!;):LOL:
Hey, why not?! The owner of Twilight Time was asked why he chose certain titles for TT - he basically said "I pick the movies I love."
Haven't they released damn near 1,000 titles ... he loves all those? :confused: Unless im confusing something.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
According to reports this planned steelbook in the WB wave has been cancelled
Apparently WB's rights to the title have expired . . . although that doesn't preclude another from releasing it.

WB wave now down from 7 to 6 . . . hoping that BULLITT at least is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.